Bell Ghisallo Helmet

Ghisallo

The Bell Ghisallo is tough enough for Tyler, it's tough enough for you.

lobopac   Weekend Warrior [Oct 28, 2009]
Strength:

Looks good, I'm sure it will protect my melon

I sweat a decent amount and even worse in this helmet. It seems vented well enough, but the pads seem to channel sweat right down my forehead behind my glasses and down my nose. Rather annoying. Might be me, but my previous helmet didn't seem to have this issue.

Probably a great helmet if you don't sweat too much. Apparently I do. Seems like it would be great if the pads were redesigned somehow.

Similar Products Used: Bell X-ray
Martin   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2004]
Strength:

Light, strong, fits like a glove, has "cool" factor,

none so far

I bought this one on sale for 59 bucks. this helemet looks and performs like a $140.00 one.
My problem with helmet I had before, was that when it got sweated, the helmet started to get loose during my ride and slip down my forehead, obstructing my view. I had to constantly adjust my helmet, pushing it back.
The Bell Ghisallo features a smart fit adjustment that works like a charm. You put the helmet on, turn the knob for a couple of clicks and you got a tight, comfortable fit. in fact, I feel like I do not have to use the under chin straps at all. I just could not believe what a diferrence does it make to have a nice, well performing helmet, that let's you concentrate on the ride. You can not go wrong for $59. Highly recomended.

Similar Products Used: some $16 bucks Walmart helmet, used it for 5 years, the only one that fit my big head.
Michael   Weekend Warrior [Oct 27, 2005]
Strength:

Saved my life, fits like a glove. Great for big heads

Snag points, but not really an issue

I was riding home from Campus one night last year when a car shot in front of me without seeing my headlight. I hit a nice patch of dirt and ended up t-boning the car. My handlebar hit the door, pulling the bike to my left, my shoulder went through the passenger window (ended up with a fractured collarbone and a AC seperation). My face hit the top of the car and I blacked out. I woke up when I heard my helmet hitting the sidewalk as I had fallen backwards and to the side off my bike. LUCKILY, I had got this helmet from ebay about a week before my accident. When I got my insurance money, I made sure to get one of these guys again.

-This helmet fits me the best out of all of the top end helmets I've every tried on. I've got a big head, and this thing really fits snugly. The fitting system (the little wheel on the back of the helmet) really makes this helmet complete.

My new one (not as cool colors as the old one) is a year newer, and fits a little better than the one the saved my noggin did. Its a very comfortable helmet and doesn't really get in my way at all. I've worn this for a 6 hour ride with no complaints.

Bottom line. I see too many people riding around campus without a helmet on, and it really just makes me think. About a week ago, there was a girl who went OTB under a car, which RAN OVER HER HEAD! She survived with no serious injuries because she was wearing a brain bucket. There is really no excuse to not wear a helmet. "It messes my hair up" doesn't cut it.

Buy this helmet if it fits you. Buy any helmet that fits you. But if this one fits you, its a great choice.

I have my old Ghisallo hanging on my wall. It is nicely cracked in half.

Similar Products Used: The other Ghisallo that saved my life
NightRider   [Sep 27, 2004]
Strength:

Nice helmet! Fit my head well, held up for year, broke when I smashed it on the road...

None. It took a bullet for me, and I was able to finish my ride - rather than getting a lift home in an ambulance.

I got this helmet because it seemed to be pretty cool, and was pretty cheap. I wore it for a year with ZERO complaints. It was an excellent value and held up well. It's not the "coolest" helmet in either regard. There are others (Giro?) that may offer better ventillation, and others that may look "cooler", but this helmet does what it is supposed to. I bounced my noggin' off the road after crossing tires with a riding partner, and despite a serious rap - I rode away feeling pretty decent. This helmet took the shot for me - and I think I'll bronze it and hang it on the wall...

Wear helmets. Wear good helmets. Wear helmets wherever you go.

It's a small price to pay for your survival, and after you mash your mellon on something - no amount of money can change whether or not you had it on - and I'd much rather have a hole in my pocket than an egg on my head.

Five value chilis for savin' my noggin - if it had cost $1000 it'd get the same - how could it get less?
Four overall chilis because my new Atmos is lighter, better ventilated, and more comfortable - the ghisalo is a great helmet - but there are better ones...

I replaced my trusty Bell with a Giro Atmos - only because after breaking one helmet - I decided that I'd be alright with having the best protection I could buy - and having a helmet that's comfortable enough to forget about means I'll just be that much more inclined to wear it every time I go out...

Happy riding! May you not ever have the opportunity to write a helmet review of one you broke!

Similar Products Used: Giro Atmos, others I can't remember the names/models of...