Troy Lee Designs Ace Full Finger Gloves

The Ace glove is designed to feel as if you aren't even wearing a set of gloves. Lightweight 2-way stretch material hugs the top of your hand while the leather palm protects the bottom of your hand. The terrycloth thumb material makes wiping your brow free of sweat easy and comfortable.

acoustinaut   Weekend Warrior [Aug 18, 2014]
Strength:

Quality and durability which lends to decent longevity.
Snug and comfortable fit.
Lightweight with reasonable airflow.
Terry cloth on thumb great for wiping away sweat.

Stencilled rubber print on fingers peels after use.
Velcro tabs on the wrist loose grip after time

I love these gloves. I live in sunny Queensland, Australia and originally bought these for trail and DH use. I needed something relatively lightweight that would breath. These fit the bill nicely. As an added bonus they are super snug and very comfy. They are so comfortable that I wear them on my daily commute. I have worn two pairs. One is still trucking after 4 years with a bit of wear showing. The newer ones have a hole in the palm after 2.5 years of regular use. I suspect the hole is due to regular use with a twist/grip shift style shifter. These things are really durable, but will eventually wear through. I've recently purchased 2 additional pairs as replacements once the current ones give up the ghost. They are good value as you can pick last seasons model up for between $25-30. I paid $50 for my first pair with no regrets.

MrBaker   All Mountain Rider [Feb 18, 2013]
Strength:

Strong, light, keeps your fingers protected

velcro worn out after a year?

I go through a lot of gloves. Dakine, Raceface, Giro, Mechanix, Pearl Izumi you name it, I've probably worn through it.

The Troy Lee Designs Ace gloves (2009 edition), I purchased for a discounted $12.00 new price tag are the only pair of "summer" style gloves I've ever had that didn't wear out within a season (a few winter gloves have last longer). I live in the wet side of Oregon and ride throughout the entire Pacific Northwest and ride a mixture between XC and AM style trails all year. These gloves are perfect.

From the minimal padding and protection, to the fact they hold up to all sorts of abuse from bramble, crashing, trail work and all around hard riding.

I use them for the better part of three season (winter brings out the heavy artillery, although the end of winter can see a mixture of these on warmer days) and they work out well. I like running full fingered gloves all year due to risk of hand injuries, scraps, cuts, etc.

Similar Products Used: Giro, Dakine, Raceface, Pearl Izumi, Mechanix,
Monkeybutt711   All Mountain Rider [May 11, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable, Cool (temperature), Well designed

Not top quality, but hard to beat for the price

Big fan of these gloves for the price. The little grips on the finger tip start to fall off after prolonged use, but outside of that, I like this glove. I love the integrated sweat wiping rag build into the thumb (feels like a towel) - which makes me feel like they put a bit more thought into the design. I don't expect these gloves to hold up for years, but after 4 months of steady use, they are still going strong. I hope to buy a few more pair before they EOL the product. Classic black without flashy graphics, great price, thick palm pad, and comfortable. Would recommend to everyone.

JV   Racer [Sep 11, 2010]
Strength:

cheap, comfortable, durable, lightweight, great snug fit, stylish look

none so far

They are without a doubt the best gloves I have ever used + they are cheaper than 90% of the gloves out there! If retail price would've been $ 35 I would still buy them, they are that good!

Very lightweight, minimum padding, terry nose whipe on thump, super comfy and they are durable. I've used mine for 6 months for mountainbike racing and bmx dirt jumping and they haven't shown any sign of wear. Incredible value!

Check these out if you have a chance, you won't regret it!