Trico Sports Gel Gloves Gloves

Gel cycling gloves help absorb the bumps of the road, and a full terry back helps you wipe up the moisture. Synthetic leather palms are durable and machine washable for convenience. Full terry cloth backs are very absorbent--great for hot weather rides. Gel palm padding is soft and supportive, and absorbs shock. Double layer of of synthetic leather at critical spots protects from wear and tear of grip shifting, so gloves last longer. Double-stitched palms for durability.

froze   Racer [Sep 30, 2012]
Strength:

Fantastic gel padding; glove lasts a long time; inexpensive.

Poor distribution, in other words their a tad difficult to find, I had to get them from E-Bay.

I first bought a pair of these back in the mid 90's while living in the Mojave Desert area of California, those gloves lasted averaging 6,000 miles a year for 7 years. The padding was outstanding, dampening vibration and preventing your hands from becoming painful and maybe leading to carpal tunnel. When they wore out I tried many different brands, none lasted more then a year and none had the great padding that Trico uses. So this last spring I bought another pair of Tricos, I rediscovered a great glove all over again. Next time I need new gloves...I'm not going to experiment with some other brand. Weird they don't market their products well.

Similar Products Used: Giro LX; Gore Xenon; Pearl Izuma Pittards, Elites; Louis Garneau ?; Craft; Campy, and others I can't recall.
Peter Burger   Weekend Warrior [May 21, 2011]
Strength:

I have used these gloves since my 65 birthday, am now 74 and they are in threads. I have been given four other pairs but still use these gloves as they are still the most comfortable ever. I am on this site because I am going to buy a new pair.

Try them you will love them.

Similar Products Used: Many many, none comprable!!
nikwax   Weekend Warrior [Apr 24, 2011]
Strength:

Fit, padding, looks, comfort

durability: wore out quickly

Really nice looking gloves and very comfortable, the gel padding is awesome. The XL fits my huge paws (some XXL are too small). HOWEVER, they are completely disintegrating at the base of my fingers. The palm looks like it is made of leather but it is actually nylon, which is an unfortunate choice in this application. Besides the fact that they disintegrated prematurely, I question if they would be of any use in an unplanned getoff. Value-wise, if you buy new gloves every month, then who cares, but if you expect to get more than a brief acquaintanceship with your gloves, I'd look elsewhere. Also, look for leather palms.

Bell   Racer [Jan 07, 2010]
Strength:

I love the gel pads - they are the best ever!!! I realy do mean it.

They wear out after 2 crashes

For long rides they are the best.

Heidi   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2009]
Strength:

The padding was great.

Poor quality, they fell apart after two weeks.

Great padding, but crappy gloves. I think they actually started falling apart after only two weeks worth of wear.

Kent Gastrick   Cross Country Rider [Mar 03, 2007]
Strength:

Extremely comfortable and durable.

Great gloves. I bought an extra pair!

Similar Products Used: Pearle Zumi gel lite gloves which were awful. Not like the gloves they used to make which had plenty of padding.
Mark   [Aug 10, 2006]
Strength:

Comfortable, good fit

Worn out after less than 1 year

Do not spend your money on these gloves.
Mine are discentigrating in the fingers and palms.
Poor material, good workmanship.
My PI gloves lasted over 5 years and I ride quite often, road and mountain.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi gel lite
Rich Frachey   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 2005]
Strength:

Nice padding in the palms.

Fell apart after 4 months of weekend use.

These gloves are garbage. After 4 months of just riding mostly on the weekend, the gloves fell apart and shreaded by the fingers. The previous gloves, which I used for 10+ years are in better shape than these. This was a very poor choice in choosing these gloves and such a waste of money. I now know what NOT to buy. It's good bad, because they had a lot of padding in the palms which I really liked.

top jimmy   Weekend Warrior [May 05, 2003]
Strength:

Feels very confortable.

They wear out VERY quickly.

The gel cushion is excellent. No more numbness.
THEY WEAR OUT VERY QUICKLY--Expect to purchase new gloves every 6 months.

Peter None   Weekend Warrior [Jul 25, 2003]
Strength:

they turn out to be pretty tough gloves actually,pretty good leather on he palms.they mold to the form of the hand,rather than tearing up or messing up your handles.

gell padding deforms rather quickly,therefore there is not any point of having it while riding,but they do provide a nice protection against those nasty spills when you land on the palms of your hands.also it took them awhile until they softened up.nothing else

these gloves are good for all kind of riders,they are pretty tough,had a few good falls on them and they didn't even scratch.only thing is that they don't have the "pro" look,so many people ignore them.well they better look again...