Specialized BG Deflect Gloves

BG Deflect

Inclement weather knows better than to mess with Specialized's BG Deflect Gloves. Their wind- and water-resistant outers keep the elements out, while the light fleece lining keeps warmth in. You'll also love the Body Geometry padding for extra comfort, the handy thumb wipe and the high-visibility reflective piping.

Gregon2wheels   [Dec 02, 2014]
Strength:

Cost, padding, comfort down to 40, room for glove liners

Still gets cold below 40 (without glove liners), seams feel rough inside the glove (but don't create hotspots), sizing is strange but consistent with Specialized.

I've ridden with these gloves half a dozen in temps ranging from 37 to ~ 60. They're too hot at 60, but great below 55. Today I rode road all day in 37 degree temp with drizzle. My hands stayed comfortable for about 2 hours. I sweat a lot, and after 2 hours (of a 3.5 hour ride), my hands were becoming cold without liners.

Padding is good for a bike glove. Specialized full finger glove pad thickness and location suit me. I have other gloves that are more water proof, but don't have any padding which limits the length of rides I can take with them.

Overall, I recommend them. Sizing is strange - I wear an XL in Specialized gloves, but medium or large in other gloves (Giro, Alpinestars, Held, etc.). Factor that in to your purchase.

OVERALL