Royal Racing Core Full Finger Gloves

Core Full Finger

New design for 2013! The Core is Royal Racing's baseline glove but....

zance789   Weekend Warrior [Jun 03, 2015]
Strength:

lightweight; breathable; no Velcro fasteners

wrist coverage; silicone grip

I bought these gloves last year as an emergency purchase before riding at Downieville because I forgot my regular gloves. However, I have grown to like them during the past year. The main things that I like about them is that they are lightweight, breathable and have no Velcro straps. These gloves are probably one of the options that most resembles riding barehanded. The grips are thin, and the backs of the gloves are all mesh. In addition, the gloves are slip-on so there are no annoying Velcro fasteners to deal with. The mesh backing allows a lot of airflow but also means that the gloves don't provide great knuckle protection. The two small weaknesses are that the gloves are somewhat short at the wrists and the silicone grip lining on the index finger isn't very durable. I would like to see them with an extra inch of material extending up the wrist. I also noticed that the silicone grip lining on the index linger wasn't durable because it fell off almost immediately. If you prefer riding barehanded but want a little sun and abrasion protection you should consider these gloves.

OVERALL