Pearl Izumi AmFib Lobster Golves Gloves

Pearl Izumi AmFib Lobster Golves Gloves

Pearl Izumi AmFib Lobster Golves

[Mar 10, 2004]
Glenn

Strength:

Warm in real cold weather. Good grip, can be used for multiple sports. Good cuff, large enough for heavier jackets to fit in.

Liner can pull out some. Can be too warm at times but that is what they are made for, cold temps.

I recommend these for anyone in cold climates, great for snowshoeing also.

[Jan 07, 2000]
Bicky
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

WARM, WARM, WARM, WARM, practical

huh

These are simply the warmest gloves I have found for winter riding here in Montana. Even wet, these gloves stay warm. Did I mention they are warm? Seriously, I have put these gloves on after they froze as stiff as a brick. After about aminute or two, they warmed up and my hands stayed warm for the rest of the ride.

all kinds of winter gloves

[Feb 22, 2000]
Patrick Janssen

Strength:

In windy and very cold circumstances your fingers won't be frozen. They keep your hand warm and give you the possibility to handle your gears.

Seam has come apart at forefinger

I was looking for these gloves for a year I guess.
In a review in O2Bikers they already wrote the purchase would not get you down.
Fortunately I found them in Belgium and the dealer sent them by post.
I use them every weekend during my mtb-trips in severe climatological conditions.
During the week I use them for my house-work trips.

Look Gloves

[Oct 07, 1999]
Red Owl
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Warm, weatherproof, best for wintertime MTBing

Not so great for road/cross riding

In terms of construction and materials, very nice gloves for very cold conditions. I have always liked Pearl Izumi for their standard cycling gloves. The AmFibs fall somewhere between gloves and mitts, your fingers are divided up into the nano-nano configuration.They work great for MTBing when your hands are flat on the bar.However on drop/road bars, I've found they perform poorly. The design turns very uncomfy when your hands are on the hoods -- the materials don't stretch and your paired digits feel trapped, they can't move independently. The kind of minor discomfort that'll drive 'ya mad over the course of a long ride.Also, they're best for really cold conditions. Anything over 32F and the non-venting goretex makes things way too roasty for me.I got them on sale from Performance for $19.99 so they were a good deal, my only complaint is I wish they felt more comfortable on the drops for cold-weather road riding.

[Jan 31, 2001]
Angry Bill

Strength:

Does the job in the cold temps (less than 10 degrees F non-wind chill)

Shifting/Braking can be challenging at first.

Thick up front, thin underneath, no cold spots. I'd recommend them. Try to get them on sale ahead of time if you ride in the winter.

Pearl Izumi 5 finger gloves, ok for temps between 10 and 40 degrees f.

[Jun 08, 2001]
Joey

Strength:

keeps you warm below 30 F

sometimes too warm

These gloves keep you very warm, sometimes too warm when it's above freezing. At temperatures below freezing, feet will be frostbitten long before the cold gets through these gloves. Great product, a little expensive at retail.

[Nov 28, 2003]
Chris

Strength:

They looked like gloves.

They were sold to me as rain gloves. They leaked like a sieve. As regular cold weather gloves, ehh. The liner would pullout and had trouble getting thumb into glove.

They are a poor value. I gave them two chilies only because they looked fairly durable for cold weather rides.

Many.

[Jan 30, 2000]
Dave

Strength:

Good snotrag,

Leaky wind layer, not warm enough

Nice for cool weather, but probably can find cheaper and adiquate protection elsewhere. Not adiquate for cold weather. My pair leaked wind noticably around the seams. Cuffs are not long enough to keep wind out of my jacket reliably.

Bell insulated gloves, Outdoor Research overmits

[Jan 26, 2000]
bob magee
Please Select

Strength:

Comfortable, no ugly flamboient colours, the snot padding helps alot on cold long rides.

The grip is very very slippery, the general design makes them very cold.

Waste of money. I wanted thease gloves because they looked warmer then gloves, and easier to use then mits. When I first tried them out I almost fell off my handlebars! I've had to resort to sewing on my own gripping on the palms! For some reason or another they've seperated each individual finger! What's the point of putting the two fingers together if they can't transfer heat to each other? At about -10'C my fingers go numb! On cold days with a windchill of -30 to -40 'C it takes about 2-3 mintues for my fingers to freeze... The cold wind goes threw the loose stiching as if it were cheesecloth.. They're basically as warm as gloves, but as silly on a bike as mits. THEY SUCK.

normal mits, normal gloves

[Dec 02, 2007]
Mike

Strength:

Super-warm.

Take a *long* time to dry.

Not sure why there's such a disparity in these gloves. They're clearly not waterproof, but are quite warm. Bulkier than I'd like. The one BIG minus is that they take a long time to dry. If I commute to the office in the morning, I'll be starting the evening's commute with hands dangerously cold from the morning's sweat.

Specialized sub-zero gloves (wimpy), Buffalo Systems mitts