Pearl Izumi Thermal Gloves

Instead of cutting your season short, pull on the Pearl Izumi Thermal Glove for grip, warmth, and comfort. Lightweight and packable, this warm glove is the perfect companion for Autumn and early winter rides. Pearl's P.R.O. Thermal Lite fabric offers excellent warmth retention and wicking properties to prevent overheating or clamminess. For increased dexterity, Pearl gave the Thermal silicone grippers on the fingers to easily control shifter and brake levers. And, should you end up riding in the waning afternoon light, reflective elements on the outside help you stay visible amidst traffic.

Beamer   All Mountain Rider [Jan 05, 2013]
Strength:

Pearl name...

Air flows right through. I don't want a glove that totally breathes when its cold. I want to keep the heat in...

Thermal tells me the gloves will work. However, using them three times already, I feel differently. I'm in Southern Cali, so the temps are not as cold as other areas. These didn't do their job...I'm finding that Pearl is good for their regular gloves and undershorts, thats about it...

Similar Products Used: Many
OVERALL
Freaky_Freitag   [Nov 29, 2012]
Strength:

They do best in the 45-60°F weather, have nice tacky gel on the palm and fingertips, and are very comfortable. As the name "Thermal" implies, they are decent in keeping your hands warm and reducing wind.

Some slight problems with stitching on the sides of my pointer finger (both gloves), so I had to re-do the seams. No gel cushions on the palms.

Bought these gloves in spring of this year and have used them 60% of the time while riding. I got the "Screaming Yellow" color and they are BRIGHT. I was hoping that they would match my yellow Specialized windbreaker, but they are instead more of a neon green. I don't really care if I clash, I just want to stand out on my daily commute so that cars and pedestrians can easily see my hand signals.

I would highly recommend these or any other Pearl Izumi gloves to any rider. Best brand of fitness gloves I have ever worn.

OVERALL