Manzella Cascade Gloves

• HydroBLOK waterproofing and Thinsulate insulation
  • RubberTec palm provides grip and durability
  • Closure: Drawcord

Cino   Cross Country Rider [Sep 28, 2009]
Strength:

Warmth, Comfort

Bulky

I am both surprised and impressed with these gloves. All last winter I searched for a glove that worked below freezing. I tried everything I could find, REI, LG, Pearl Izumi - Nothing cycling specific worked. My fingers always went numb within about an hour below 32F and within a few miles below 20 F.

But these gloves work well. At near freezing they are even a little warm, but I have tested them many times near 20 and they have performed admirably. Lowest temperature was 16 degrees, so below that I can't say. Depending upon your makup, the top end of these gloves would be 30 to 40 degrees. I've never worn them above 40 but in the high 30s they were too warm for me.

They are bulky, and at first I thought that would make it difficult to work the STI shifters, but that really hasn't been a problem.

The gloves are also very well made, much better made than most cycling-specific gloves I have tried. I expect them to last for many years. In spite of their bulk, I still gave them 5 Chilis because I can't imagine a glove working at low temperatures sans bulk.