Fox Head Dirtpaw Gloves

The Fox Racing Men's Dirtpaw is a great all-around bike glove?tough enough for freeriding without being overkill on the singletrack. A padded palm keeps these gloves from being destroyed if you eat it on a lose corner, and the padded knuckles ensure you don't look like you just finished a bar fight after a nasty wreck.

h_daddy   [Apr 19, 2014]
Strength:

Big bang for the buck. durable material, some padding, great aesthetics,

Fox sizing is a lie!

Bought them online so I had to take the Fox size chart's word for it. Got the XL rather than the XXL that I had worn in Mechanix and Pearl Izumi. I should have gone with my instincts. The palm was snug but not tight, I actually preferred it. However, the fingers were shallow which caused a slight webbed-fingerness and the glove didn't pull to my wrist, just the base of my hand. When all was said and done, It didn't bother me enough to send them back so I used them for three years. Even a size small, they lasted three years! For a little over $20, that's pretty good. The last few months the V between fingers, especially the index and ring V, started to unravel and now they are on their last legg. I don't ride anything that would require real hand armor, but the minimal finger and backhand padding made me feel like a tough guy and gave me some peace of mind.
Overall I'd call this a great glove. In fact, I will likely buy the same model again soon, this time in the correct size!

Caleb   Cross Country Rider [Jan 22, 2013]
Strength:

Comfortable feel
Strong protection from the tumbles - saved my skin!
Good construction.
Good in winter and seem to keep good insulation when wet also

Cant use a touch screen phone with them on
Velcro looses it's stick after a few years
One of the rubber knuckles came a little loose

I've had a pair for a few years, they're comfortable and provide good protection for when you do hit the dirt / road.

These provide great protection, the only time I really put it to the test was a decent-speed slide on the road, grazed my legs through long pants but only left a few scuff marks on the gloves.

They offer some warmth for when it's cold and aren't too bad in summer. My first pair lasted about 3 years - a daily commute on the road and weekend mountain bike rides and when I lost them I bought another pair. They're one of the best bits of cycling kit I own!

I'd say these are great for XC and All Mountain type of riding - or commuting and road riders if you're actually concerned about protecting your hands!

Similar Products Used: Some Bontager Gloves, they were ok.
Frodo1   [Sep 22, 2012]
Strength:

seem to stay cool in summer

broken a the very beginning! I opened my parcel and I was shocked of the bad quality. WHY DO WE GET SO MUCH CRAP FROM LEADING COMPANIES??? .... quick money - mande in China...
Anyhow, two stiches were already damaged. I sent them back. No more Fox. Still looking for good made gloves :(

Don´t buy them. I had some similar Pearl Izumi before. Not realy excellent but defenetly better. I had them for 3 years hard biking! Though I also use Freeride gloves for heavier usage - at the moment Tryo Lee, they are OK)

Steve NMI   [Sep 07, 2012]
Strength:

Good venting, good grip, price, cool looks

Sizing

I just got these broken in and I really like them. I saw them online and contemplated getting them but wasnt sure about size. I ended up buying them in a MX store and glad I tried them on first,went up a size from normal and still had to break in the index finger valley. Beyond that they are great. They stayed cool in 90* summer riding, kept good grip, and ahve good protection from trail whips. Also I like the light padding in the palm area that is effective and not bulky. All in, a good buy.

freerideslr   [Jun 24, 2012]
Strength:

comfortable
good protection
decent price
looks good

What can I say, so far these have held up great and are comfortable and breathable. I had my old pair of Fox sidewinder gloves for 9 years before they fell apart so I have high hopes for these.

CoCo149   Cross Country Rider [Apr 04, 2012]
Strength:

Perfect fit. I have odd-shaped hands and these gloves conformed very well.
Durability. I've had these for a year. I've ridden about 1,500 miles with them, wrecked dozens of times with no cuts to my hands, I use them as my shooting gloves, and I even wore them through Tough Mudder. Thus far, the only damage is one of the rubber sections on the knuckles has started to come unglued.

Doesn't have the terry cloth sweat wipe section that other riding gloves have.

Overall these are excellent gloves. They're very comfortable and they offer excellent protection. If I ever wear these out I will be buying an identical pair.

Similar Products Used: Specialized XC Lite
Odii   Cross Country Rider [Feb 12, 2012]
Strength:

Protection in the places you need it.
Killer looks.

Stitching can be weak

I have bought 2 pairs of the Dirtpaws, the first pair was stolen when my house was broken into... my bike was left, but they stole my gloves!

Good gloves, good price. The velcro is strong, but the elastic around the wrist and some of the stitching can be a little weak.

Similar Products Used: Dirtpaw X 2
airdonut41   Cross Country Rider [Mar 20, 2011]
Strength:

Simple, comfortable, and breathe well. I have used these in all seasons and found them to be a pretty solid choice (obviously they're not great in the winter).

The sizing on these is very strange. I ordered a medium after checking to confirm that my hand size fell in the center of the medium measurement. I got them and they were almost too tight for my forefinger to reach the brakes. After a couple weeks they stretched out and are perfect now, but those first few rides were a little rough.

I would order a size larger than normal. Other than that, if you want a no frills durable glove that breathes well, the dirtpaw is a good choice. Camplosion looks pretty sick, for the record

ACC   Weekend Warrior [Mar 16, 2011]
Strength:

looks good

insulations

I use these gloves to ride my motorcycle in the city, they work well. The only aspect I would consider for my next gloves is the insulations for the rain. These get wet easily and take couple hours to get dry.