Fox Head Digit Gloves

Bomb the trails with the Fox Digit Glove. The durable, double-layer, perforated palm, silicone-gripper fingertips, and stretch knuckle panel make the Digit Glove the only one for your hands no matter your discipline, whether you're out pushing your personal downhill limits, pulling an all-day cross-country ride, or getting buckwild while launching jumps.

WaveSailR   [Sep 17, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable

Lack of protection. Lightweight material does not protect hands in crash. Suffered significant thumb and palm injury after crashing hard. Skin on thumb and palm nearly completely removed during crash. Slightly heavier material with stronger thread and stitching would have prevented injury.

Comfortable, cool, and lack of protection in crash. Good for low-speed, soft crashes. Useless for fast, hard impact crashes.

pbbreath   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 2011]
Strength:

Breathes well, fits well.

None.

After running a set for 2 years I can say that these gloves are awesome. Just bought 2 more sets on sale. Great for all conditions. If you happen to have short fingers these are for you.

Similar Products Used: Lots
secretary7   Cross Country Rider [Mar 31, 2011]
Strength:

Comfortable in spite of the minimal padding they keep my hands from going numb and give me a great feel. They protect well and fit great. The gripper pads on the first two fingers are great for the brake levers.

No sweat pad.

I got these as a long finger glove for cold weather rides but I wear them now in all conditions. They fit great and the sz. Lg. haven't stretched out during long 2+hour MTB rides. I'll even wear these on 50-70 mile road rides vs. my short gloves b/c they are so comfortable. My only complaint is the lack of a sweat pad. I sweat a lot and if they could incorporate on it would help. I got mine on sale at my LBS.

Similar Products Used: Trek, Spenco, Avereo
exsmokeydabandit   Cross Country Rider [Apr 14, 2010]
Strength:

Durable. Had my share of falls and protected my hands perfectly. Even with falls, gloves still look new.

Gloves appear to have stretched. Fit great for the first few months but now when my hands get sweaty, they slip around inside of the glove. Not a good feeling when flying downhill. Maybe a size smaller is needed, but they did go from good to bad. Will try and revise review.

These worked outstanding at the start and are still very durable as far as craftsmanship but they appear to stretch out too easily.

Similar Products Used: None. First timer - 8 months riding twice a week.
Hunter   Weekend Warrior [Dec 18, 2009]
Strength:

very breathable. sturdy fit, well, nothing wrong with them

n/a

love them! use them for everything from cutting the grass to working on the bike. I would highly recommend them

Similar Products Used: first gloves
AnotherBikerGuy   Cross Country Rider [Jul 03, 2009]
Strength:

Very comfortable, great grip, enough protection, and decently ventilated.

The little rubber accents do tend to fall off after a while, but this doesn't really impact the performance.

I love these gloves for cross-country training and racing. They're very comfortable, they ventilate well for a full-finger glove, and they provide a good solid grip on the bars. They have enough padding to save your hands in a fall (and they've saved mine!) without being overly bulky. Maybe a little bit pricey, but well worth it. Definitely a quality glove for a cross-country or trail rider (all-mountain riders or downhillers will probably want more protection).

Natedogz   Cross Country Rider [Mar 10, 2009]
Strength:

Great fit, lightweight, good ventilation, durable.

No towel sweat wipe! I end up using the rough-azz padding to wipe sweat of my brow. No very pleasant and I am not really sure why it is missing!!!???

Great fit, lightweight, good ventilation, durable......but misssing the built-in sweat wipe on the back of the thumb!!! Only gloves I wear and rotate a couple pairs so they last longer (and carry spare pair in my Camelbak)....only thing holding them back is lack of the sweat wipe pad.

Similar Products Used: Various Pearl Izumi gloves that all have built-in sweat wipe on the back of the thumb!
look mum, no hands   Weekend Warrior [Jul 06, 2008]
Strength:

Generally very well vented gloves.

No towel sweat wipe so not a big fan.I end up using the rough ass padding to wipe sweat of my brow. No very pleasant and I am not really sure why it is missing!!!???

MAybe in the more temperate zones this product is sweet, but definately not if you ride in the tropics.....maybe reserve them for the two weeks of mildly dry weather we have in Dec.

Similar Products Used: Dakine Highwire
Jason rfff   Downhiller [Aug 30, 2003]
Strength:

Cool looks thats all

The gloves construction sucks after 45 minutes of riding the stiches that pop up the material inside the glove tend to leave marks on different places of your hands, the gloves are not very breathable my hands were all white and mushey, they swell up yor viens (I've seen my vien above my right knucle a bit blue i though it was the colour of the glove fading but it was not). Bad glove to wear for a long period of time and poor inner construction.

I went for the size that perfectly fit my hands therefore the gloves perfromed poorly. I did not want to take home a medium (I tested a small) because I was afraid of getting the same poor results. If you do get theses gloves go one size bigger than what you hand size really is. Even better don't buy these gloves because everyone says the sidewinder glove is better. Plus the glove is expensive $50 Canadian so value is bad and by what I said my overall rating is obvious.

Similar Products Used: None first fox product was a dissapointment
John   Weekend Warrior [Feb 13, 2007]
Strength:

A Fox product so everything.

None.

I ordered these 2002 racing model gloves in grey back in 2003 online at www.foxracing.ca. At the same time I ordered a pair of 2002 Racing Sidewinders in black. They were on clearance at $20/pair, so I puchased 2 pairs, 1 jersey & 1 pair of shorts to justify the shipping cost. I've only ever put these gloves on one time to test them out. I still have them in mint condition waiting for my 2002 Fox Racing Sidewinders to fall apart befroe I switch to them.
Bottom Line: Five years after being made, four years in my closet & by 2010 they may see the light of day!

Similar Products Used: Answer Stylus Gloves (the red ones pictured in Answer Gloves) 1997, Troy Lee Design SE Gloves (grey) 2002, Fox Racing Sidewinder (black) 2002.