Dakine Cross X Gloves

Dakine Cross X Gloves

A longtime staple of the DAKINE lineup, the Cross X Glove is still as popular as ever thanks to its comfortable fit and high-quality construction.Grippy synthetic suede palm with 2-ply overlay for durability3mm foam palm padding absorbs impact to reduce fatigueHook-and-loop closure ensures a secure fit

[Aug 18, 2016]
riderofdirt
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Fits my hand well.
Comfortable.
Full fingered protection.
Decent blend of protection vs breathability.
Palm padding is minimal, but enough to make a difference.
Durable.
Washable.
Hook and loop closure for easy on-off application.

Ones I've used in the past didn't have touch screen support. They've updated their newer gloves to support this.

The Dakine Cross X gloves are my go-to glove. These last longer, feel better, and protect my hands better than any other pair of biking gloves I've used. I've had at least 4 pairs over the last decade. Possibly more. Yes, they may get a little hot in the blazing summer heat, but I've yet to ride a glove that can take a beating and not be somewhat hot. Other gloves I've tried that might be cooler temperature-wise, just don't hold up when riding up and down mountains, and the occasional accidental back-hand-knuckle-scrape that comes from errant rocks and trees while you're pushing your limits.

Bottom line, these things keep the owies off my hands and my fingers on the grips. These gloves are pricey if you buy them new, but since I never pay full price, the value is excellent. I'm always scouting around for last year's model and the good deals abound on the internet if you look in the right places.

Rockgardn, Fox, Mechanix brand, Harbor Freight

[Mar 18, 2011]
ddfuji
Downhiller

Strength:

comfy, stylish, fit nicely

weak, cheap, useless extras and bad stitching. crappy material. get destroyed to easily

really dont like these. have had three pairs. both tear on the first or second crash. my mechanic gloves work better and thats what i have been using. i really wouldnt recommend dakine gloves. go with a better company.

none, cause dakines are the crappiest

[Nov 11, 2010]
kingbozo

Strength:

Durable, minimal padding

Too warm for hot weather riding-never noticed my hands getting hot before I owned these gloves. Not really a problem-I just reserve these for spring and fall

Maybe there was a bad production run of these resulting in the poor durability mentioned in the other reviews, but mine have held up well. All of the silicon grippers on the finger tips and all of the rubber bits are still intact. They are comfortable and I basically don't notice them while I am riding-which in my book is a good sign. That being said, I don't use these on hot days, my hands get too warm-which I do notice. All in all, no problems with this purchase.

Numerous gloves from Specialized

[Mar 14, 2010]
Qanuk

Strength:

Durability, Protection

Can become a bit warm in summer months

Not really sure about the rest of the reviews here, but overall I've been rather happy with this pair of hand cover. As for the little pieces of rubber serving anything of value... I would agree with some of the other comments - they don't do much. But, as for them falling of almost instantly - after 1 year of quite heavy use...they still look almost new. I not only use these gloves as my Mtn. gloves, but also used them quite often on the road bike this past winter. I've absolutely had my fare share of stinky gloves in the past... and will every once and a while I can catch a whiff off these - it's nothing a quick washing can't take care of. For sure, I've had gloves that had a much more significant stink factor in much shorter time. Speaking of washing... they've taken quite well to regular wash cycles - and that might be one of the reasons that my pair have held up over the past year. The palms are still completely intact - and also still look like new. The limited padding which is in the palm (a good thing IMHO) is still quite intact - with very little to no signs of compression or wear. Easily, the only downfall for me personally with this glove, is that it can become a bit too warm in the hotter summer months. This in itself might add to the stink-factor as described in some of the other reviews. Overall, I would highly recommend this pair of gloves to any cross-country rider. Not sure how they would hold up for other styles of riding, but then again I'm a XC rider - not other. In actuality, I think this glove deserves more on the order of a 4.5 - but between either 4 or 5... they'd be a bit more closer to the 4 side of things rather the 5.

Fox - in all of there forms over 12 years

[Sep 11, 2009]
Flystagg

Strength:

they are decently comfy, has a nice nosewipe on the back for forehead sweat.

Tore the palm in the first crash, on dirt not rocks or pavement, Cheesey rubber on the back serves no purpose

I do tend to rip up gloves fairly quick, but these lasted the shortes of all, can't recommend them at all.

Fox tahoe, fox digit, sombrio sultan, royal air, and a few others

[Mar 09, 2009]
hacko

Strength:

look cool, comfortable

plastic bit start to fall off after 6 months of use, i don't know if it's me or the gloves but they stink,butter products in that price range

there OK, no stitches opened up on me but plastic bit full off, the only thing that's bad about them is the smelliness, I would look to other ones before buying them.

[Nov 27, 2008]
Loos

Strength:

Cheap (in price)

Fell apart within 2 months.

Poor construction, all the cheesy, glued on rubber bits fall of quite quickly, these gloves are not good.

[Aug 19, 2008]
bmarley93
Downhiller

Strength:

Cool looking

they started to rip apart on the fingers within a couple rides!!

They suck they started to rip apart on the fingers with a couple rides dont buy this product!

[Jul 06, 2008]
ilikebeer
Downhiller

Strength:

Look cool, supple

Fell to crap within first week

I bought these gloves this spring, and they began falling apart the first ride. The fingers have worn through within 5 rides!!!! I have always liked Dakine's gear, but these gloves are totally worthless!

[Jun 17, 2008]
Bikeobsessed

Strength:

The strength, the neat little palm pads, The signature Dakine snot wipe, it's all great! I've got the brown, green and orange ones.

Hmmmm... The little finger grippies fall off after year 2?

Great gloves for all uses. I dirt-bike with 'em, bike and build stuff with them and even use them a work gloves, they hold up great! Buy them!

Sombrio gloves, Fly 303, Raceface Bearclaw LTD. ED. Scott DH