Cannondale Pittards gloves Gloves

Pittards gloves

Bill   Cross Country Rider [Jul 28, 2001]
Strength:

Long wearing.

Padding quality varies.

I have bought 3 pairs of Cdale Pittards in the past year,
trying to find a glove that protects my hands on long
road rides. Each pair has been different in the padding.
First pair was full finger, with circular padding on
either side of the heel of the hand. These are very good,
padding is still resilient, but the gloves can irritate
the area between my thumb and index finger on long rides.
Second pair was full finger with the padding running
across the width of the palm. At first very comfy, but
the padding is now packed down and does not work well.
Third pair was half finger with padding like pair #1.
But the padding is quite soft, maybe half as firm as
the first pair, and does not protect well.

Similar Products Used: None
Scott   Weekend Warrior [Sep 26, 2000]
Strength:

Close to perfect in the world of gloves.

I guess they could come in 300 different colors....

I'm forced to continue the trend of five flaming chilis, as I have nothing but praise to offer these comfortable, durable gloves.

Russell   Weekend Warrior [Aug 30, 2000]
Strength:

Comfortable and Functional. Perfect fit.

None.

These gloves are in my opinion the best ones out there right now. Quality is top-notch. And your hands don't over-heat even in 90+ F. weather. These let your skin breath nicely. They fit well- hardly notice I'm wearing them. Padding on the palm side is sufficient. Get your pair today.

If you're concerned about price, these gloves are well-worth it.

Similar Products Used: Similar Cannondale gloves
Alex Whitney   Weekend Warrior [Mar 31, 2003]
Strength:

FULL FINGER version - excellent fit, very good ~3 season glove, not too warm even in summer, very thin allows for ease of manipulating objects(keys, zips, etc.)

Does not handle wind well, not for winter use, not overly padded- if not even feeling the bar is what you're looking for this is not the glove for you

These gloves are comfy on any length ride, and the leather palm literally saved my skin on a pavement crash several months ago. The leather on one separated in one or two places due to the crash, but the glove will last some time yet. A bit pricey, but a VG glove.

Similar Products Used: Castelli Windstopper, Performance Elite glove
Steve   Weekend Warrior [Feb 26, 2000]
Strength:

Very comfortable, of course it depends on your hand, not the quality of the glove. Extremely durable!

I don't like the piping on the top of the fingers. That's All Folks!

The pearls I had looked great, were comfortable, and were made of the whimpiest material available! What's the point?

I asked a friend that works in a bike shop to get me a good pair, he did! These Cannondale pittards are fantastic. We've been cutting some trails through dense manzanita and I forgot to bring my work gloves. There was so much poison oak around I decided to wear my riding gloves, (and be careful.) I forgot to be careful in less time than it takes me to type it. After a day of ripping, sawing, hauling, draging, and wrenching, I realised I just had my Cdales on, not my work gloves and all they was about as small a hole as you can see. I'm knocked out by the gloves and it figures a company like Cannondale would build a glove that can be used/abused while MTBiking!

Similar Products Used: Pearl Isumi Pittards. and something else that I can't remember now.
Scott McLean   Please Select [Jan 20, 2000]
Strength:

very comfortable
padding in the right places
padding is perfect for XC riding

I wish they cost less than $25.99

thin comfortable padding covered by leather on palm fits my hands and riding style perfect. These gloves fit "like a glove" (yuk-yuk) from day one. I had been looking for gloves like these for months. Nothing else I looked at came close to the quality and comfort of the C-dales. Get some for $25.99 retail price at Helen's. Good Dirt!

Similar Products Used: Fox Summit
Willy   weekend warrior [Jun 02, 1998]

Definitely the best MTB glove I've ever worn! Paid about 26 bucks at my LBS, Cool, Very breathable, comfortable, and amazingly durable. Not one seam has given way yet, and I wreck once a week or so. Virtually no padding, which is superb for extended rides with my ESP 9.0 shifters; When wearing these gloves, my hands never, ever fatigue. I am so happy with them, I just bought a spare pair (both in black). My knuckles love way they don't have to bleed any more. Buy these damn gloves!

Carlos   Cross Country Rider [Jul 12, 2002]
Strength:

Good fit, nice look, good craftmanship, soft and supple, very comfortable when new.

Weak leather despite all the marketing crap.

I used them for two full month. That's all they lasted. I read they were so good, but they turned out to be another pair of ordinary leather gloves that couldn't stand the beating. After several washes they dried soft as advertised but one good day they were stiff and started to crack. Finally it ripped by one of the stitches. I am considering buying a pair of full finger gloves for XC.

Similar Products Used: Santini, Cannondale.