AXO Cycling Palomar Gloves

AXO Cycling Palomar

kelly   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2003]
Strength:

quite durable, 2 years riding and they have started to show signs of wear on the tip of the first finger, but that's about it. They don't get too hot for a full finger. Comfortable glove.

Palm padding disappeared in the first couple of rides
Can't feel STI paddles on r##d bike but what do you expect?
Might fall apart in another 3 months

They're a good glove

Similar Products Used: Specialized BG comp (very good gloves), some cheap gloves
C Asper   Racer [Nov 29, 2003]
Strength:

Light, breathable, and padded.

Wore out after a year.

They are good gloves. Just disapointed they wore out after a year of use. They wore out at the wrist, just off the padding. Maybe it's my riding position? They are a good glove though. Entry level XC riders would not go wrong with this glove.

Ride hard,
Casper

Similar Products Used: None
David Fambrough   Cross Country Rider [Nov 29, 2001]
Strength:

Full finger protection without losing any riding feel; nice color scheme; washes up well; excellent fit; can't say enough about these gloves.

Not the most torn-resistent

An awesome glove that continues to perform ride after ride. I've crashed plenty and have not had a problem with the level of protection these gloves provide. Not overly hot in the summer, yet provides enough warmth in the winter. Terry cloth to wipe sweat off your brow, plus finger tips grips for greater feel -- an awesome XC mountain bike glove.

Similar Products Used: None
Jeff   Weekend Warrior [Nov 14, 2001]
Strength:

Light, good ventilation, economical.

Wrist strap a little on the long side.

A good economy full fingered glove. Good venting, the mesh back cools well. Terry pad also good for snot wipe. Don't know how durable it will be on a hard DH crash, hope not to find out. Washes well, but is starting to feel loose.

K-Man   Cross Country Rider [Mar 12, 2001]
Strength:

Full finger protection at a good price and they ventilate nicely too. I like the little rubber ridges on the tips for extra brake grip in wet conditions. Nice pad on the get numb part of the hand.

The wrist straps are too long.

I like these gloves and we'll see how they last after my next crash. The Pearl Izumi's could take a pounding.

Similar Products Used: All sorts of different Specialized gloves, Pearl Izumi Outer Limits and assorted weight lifting goves(in the old days).
Ghetto Ridah   Weekend Warrior [Jun 11, 2000]
Strength:

Good ventilation with full finger protection.

They didn't protect my palms when not I crashed my Suzuki GSXR1300 Hayabusa at 190mph.

The previous post is right: crashing is not good.

The gloves are cool in warm weather thanks in part to the mesh on the top behind the knuckles. They do what they were designed to for XC riders: full finger protection and lots of grip without the heat.

But like the previous post said, if you need to catch 90mph fastballs from Chan Ho Park (LA Dodgers), buy a catchers mitt. Oh yeah, and don't crash.

Dave P   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 20, 1999]
Strength:

Great Fit
Huge terry wipe area
Not sweaty

Wussy palm
Minor bunching
NO padding

This glove is great for riders who want full-finger protection without much weight and good ventilation. Just don't crash on 'em, okay? My first bad crash with these was last week when I yard-saled at Winter Park. The palm of the right glove tore right through. There just isn't enough to this glove to provide protection at high speeds. I'm happy to report that the long-sleeve cotton Fox Racing jersey I was wearing did NOT tear, even though I now have afew gouges in my right arm. This glove's ideal user is an XC rider who wants full-finger but doesn't crash.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi Outer Limits
Brent   Cross Country Rider [Jun 08, 2001]
Strength:

Good ventilation, nice design details and color combinations

Too much bunching, imperfect fit

These gloves have some nice features (like the rubber indents on the ends of the index fingers for that extra traction on the brake levers), and they look really sharp, but they just don't fit me well, particularly across the palm, where they tend to bunch up and cause some blistering. Reading the other reviews below, I take it that the bunching is not a problem unique to me. Unlike some riders, the lack of padding wasn't a problem, though -- I prefer the feel of unpadded gloves against the grips. I tried two different sizes, and neither took care of the problem. If AXO can improve palm fit, these gloves will be contenders, but they need some work.

Similar Products Used: Rocket Parts Rambler and Charger, Fox Inclines, Pearl Izumis, old Specialized
gordon ghenter   Cross Country Rider [Mar 18, 2002]

I was a little concerned at first with the lack of padding, but after 6 mos of hard xc/ tech xc I am a very pleased customer. I dig the lightweight feel. Plenty durable, I wreched heaps of times on the sharp volcanic rock weve got here and they're no worst for the wear. They fit great, aren't hot even in the summer (but aren't warm in the winter-like anything is when its 7 degrees outside).