Answer Team 2 Gloves

Team 2

Answer Team 2

Brian Owens   Weekend Warrior [Jun 20, 2003]
Strength:

Very light weight glove. Super comfortable with no hand fatigue after long rides.

None as of now

Recommend this glove to all. Even the owners of the bike shop i go to use this glove. Warm in cool conditions and fairly cool and vented in really hot conditions.

Similar Products Used: Answer Dirtbike gloves
Seb Wiers   Weekend Warrior [Oct 29, 2001]
Strength:

Good fit in extra large, as my wrists are pretty thin compared to my tenis-racket hands. Nicely constructed, warm enough for fall and spring, great hold on every grip I've tried.
I got them on a lark because I lost my gloves, and the shop was out of everything that fit except these, which they had in the BMX section.

Maybe to warm for summer, heavy plastic "armor" on fingers can interfere with rapidfire shifters and seems pretty pointless (never riped up a knuckle crashing before).

Excellent glove, glad I got them, and I don't ride downhill or BMX. Great for hard XC rides in any temp below 65 degrees. Still, I'm amazed with the $50 MSRP- there's no special "technical" features, just good solid construction. The vlaue is for the price I paid- only 2 flaming chipoltes if you paid $50, and that's if you don't loose them like I tend to.

The only other gloves I'd want (except for keeping warm) are mechincs gloves, and I don;t think they would give quite the same protection.

Similar Products Used: Motocross gloves (for motorcyling), canondale cross country full finger gloves, various 3/4 finger cheapies.
Chris   Weekend Warrior [May 28, 2000]
Strength:

1.The padding at the top gives protection
2.The black palm is strong, and does not tear into pieces
3.The cuff does not interfere with the shirt's cuffs
4.Various sizes

1.The strap is not long enough
2.No terry cloth to wipe out the dirty marks
3.The 'Answer' symbol is too big and hard, so it doesn't give you the dexterity

This pair of gloves is a must have if you are limited on money. It gives you the feel to become a Downhill Racer, Mountain Biker, BMXer, or just a city rider. They are available on bvarious sizes, although some bike shops only sells one/two sizes. Actually, there are no difference between the 1999 version and the 2000 version, it's just the padding designs.

Derf   Cross Country Rider [Mar 09, 2001]
Strength:

great comfort/fit
looks good

stink after a while... but then again all gloves do that ;-)

These gloves are awesome. I like them the best because i also ride motocross and I can use them for both sports so i save mad $$$. I have taken some pretty mean spills on both bicycle and motocross bike and they have withstood everything. $45 is a good price to pay to use for 2 sports but maybe a little high for just mountain biking.

Similar Products Used: Fox, O'neil, JT
cs   Weekend Warrior [Oct 15, 2000]
Strength:

Comfortable, look good

Velsor straps are too short

After only two rides the stitching on the palms and fingers began to come out. I returned them to the point of purchase for an exchange but the only other pair in my size also had problems with the stitching. I liked the fit and the look of these gloves but durability appears to be a problem. Judging by the other reviews, I may have just had some bad luck.

Similar Products Used: Fox Solo
Joe   Cross Country Rider [Aug 11, 2000]
Strength:

Chicks dig the flashy design
Other guys are jealous of the flashy design
Gives you confidence on whatever you ride
Isn't that all that matters?

Not very grippy, tend to get hot for long rides. Stitching kind of cheap, and gets caught in my grip shift handles.

The gloves look and feel cool. Unfortunately, they're too nice for my bike. Sometimes I just wear the gloves around the house cause they look and feel cool. Ride wise, they're not grippy. Just wearing these puppies will give you more confidence when you're riding. If you want to look cool while riding, and don't really care about the performance, get them. If you put performance before looks, get soemthing more technical. No gloves are more sick looking. Kind of expensive, but worth it for the flashy rider.

Lucas   Downhiller [Jul 26, 2000]
Strength:

Its all good
the glove is strong. How strong??
my frends call me seth after my hero seth enslow because I try stupid stunts and bail often. the gloves eat it all and come back for more.WAY BETTER THAN FOX

They can be hard to fined

If you want a glove that you will not need to replace after
one weekend of riding than get a pair of the team 2