Specialized 03 Hucker Helmet Full Face Helmet

03 Hucker Helmet

Designed for aggro riders like our Brett Tippie who rides where others can''t dream of riding. Perfect for BMX as well with a host of new features to keep it comfortable and fitting perfect.

Rigidhack   Weekend Warrior [Sep 17, 2004]

Comfortable. Swappable cheek pads. Washable lining. Solid feeling and , sorry, confidence inspiring.

Hot. (Duh, its a full face helmet.)

I decided to get a full face helmet when I realised that I was clearing the rust off my old skills and was going a bit bigger and faster than before. I must admit that there is nothing quite like setting one of these on your melon to boost your confidence.

This is a good helmet at a decent price. For its solidity it is not too heavy. My wife gave me a hard time when I first got it since she thoght it was overkill. Her mind chnged two rides in when I took a header into a rock that wouls have split my XC lid. I just got up and got going again - nice gouge in the finish of the helmet though. Now she won't let me ride without it.

Be prepared to be warm in this thing though. It has a venturi tunnel on top for ventilation, but it does not exactly breathe well. Probably doesnt help that I got a black one too. Personally, I'd rather sweat than drool.

Too bad it doesnt do anything to stop broken collarbones...

Five chilis for comfort, solidity and value. Minus a bit for mediocre ventilation.

Similar Products Used: First full face.