MET Parachute Full Face Helmet

• Removable and ventilated visor
  • USER REVIEWS

[Jan 22, 2014]
    Michael

Strength:

Full face and lighter weight than most

Two part construction prefer one piece

I've been looking high and low for this helmet and can't seem to locate a source. Is this helmet still on production. Looking for some direction . .thanks

[Dec 30, 2013]
    NIGEL MCKINNON
    All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Had a couple of crashes and landed on face , one was on a mates hired bike in Majorca, thought i would have a go down a rocky drop and gave it loads of left hand to find out it was the front brake, walked away with a minor scratch on my nose and thought i will never ride again without my MET parachute. other riders look at you and smirk but really i'm the one laughing .

had 2 helmets now and when your on top of a mountain and take it off on a windy day the inner padding takes off in the wind, i've had this on both so could do with a better fixing.

Don't even think about it just get one and don't look back, well you will look back to see where your mates are.

[Mar 13, 2013]
    Leonard

Strength:

Light Weight
    Good fit but...(see below)
    Well vented (I live in the tropics)
    Doesn't block peripheral vision
    Gives confidence in the rough

...a little tight around the ears for me. (other than that, overall size is good)

I had been looking at one of these for some time and do not regret getting this. To some, it may look overkill but trouble can happen at any speed. So far, I have yet to take a hit to the face, but if I did, I will be more confident that I will be sufficiently protected. I now ride more aggressively and am pleased with the overall performance of the Parachute.

Considering that it protects your lower face, I say, worth every penny!

Some of my friends were initially making fun of me, but now, half of them want one when I leave them behind on a technical downhill!

[Jun 11, 2012]
    Lee

Strength:

It's fairly light for the extra protection you get ! Looks great when it's on and turns you into billy big balls when your wearing it

Love this helmet it saved my teeth and my skull ! Had a pretty high speed crash into a big wooden post that appeared from nowhere on a tight bend !! The face protecter did its job really well had some deep scratches all along the left hand side ! As for the helmet part that cracked all the way through just above my left eye ! I did get knocked out for a while and I got a massive lump on my bonce but it did it job and did it job well ! I would recomend this helmet to anyone ! It looks cool and well worth the money

[Apr 15, 2012]
    obiwun
    All Mountain Rider

Strength:

So much more protection than most XC/AM helmets. It is just as cool to wear as any helmet i have owned and it gives you just a bit more confidence in the rough stuff.

None yet, fits well and seems to be durable. peripheral vision is good and airflow is excellent.

This helmet is expensive but your front teeth are priceless. Why wouldn't all XC and AM helmets have face protection like this? If this helmet ever has to sacrifice its life for my face, I would order another one in a heartbeat.

Specialised, Fox, 661.

[Sep 20, 2011]
    cguella

Strength:

This design is awesome!

Not available in US. Supposed to not be sold into the US.

From Met Helmets via email: ‘Each MET helmet conforms to the safety standard applicable in the country where it is sold. Because there are different safety standards in different parts of the world, a helmet sold in Australia or America for instance does not necessarily conform to the European Standard and vice versa. For this reason we strongly recommend that you do not buy a helmet outside your home country. Please also note that MET helmets are not available in the USA and in some other areas of the world’.

[Aug 30, 2011]
    pominoz

Strength:

Unique helmet that adds reasonable additional protection without being significantly heavier or hotter than a standard vented open face helmet. Good fit for me and stays in place in a crash.

The internal pads wear out after 9-12 months but, meh, just replace them.

Good helmet and I wonder why more people riding off-road don't wear them. Additional protection from branches along tree-lined singletrack and useful side and front face protection in a crash. Don't bother buying one if you only land on the top or back of your head...a standard helmet will do. ;O)

There are no similar products.

[Aug 22, 2011]
    clydecrash

Strength:

Good head coverage. Fairly light. Vents keep it almost as cool as an open face.

Expensive for what you get. Fair fitting. I needed to put in other pads to get it to fit well.

Only XC full-face helmet around. Needed a full-face for cross country, which it does well. Fitting is not good, but doable with pads from other helmets. Buckles do not seem to hold well, but easily adjusted. Very expensive for what you get, though.

Only game around, so will buy another when necessary (after one crash since it is a one-crash xc helmet).

Real full-faces (e.g., Giro Remedy). Fox Flux.

[Jan 09, 2011]
    Keplerbuns

Strength:

Well vented, good fit.

Internal pads wear out fairly quick

I've had one of these since they first arrived in the shops, I shan't lie I bought it cos I thought it looked cool and less like the normal potty shapes on offer. Since then though I've bought other helmets all of the potty variety, Hex, Xen and Flux, relegating this to my winter helmet, but I have to say whenever I put this on I push a little harder and for me that's why we do what we do.

Fox Flux, Giro Hex, Xen.

[Nov 21, 2010]
    merc350

Strength:

Don't listen to the negatives this helmet does what it says on the tin. I KNOW!!

I don't normally write reviews but have seen some negatives for this helmet on the forums as there is a video of a guy with some plastic sticking out of his face.

IGNORE IT

If you are an agressive xc rider/ AM rider buy one of these helmets.

Riding yesterday at Lee Quarry which is a very technical set of trails in the UK Coming down the easiest part at the end and not knowing the route well tried to jump a 6ft foot ditch that i didnt know was there at 25+ mph. Result bike stops and i continued for a long way before landing head, shoulder and face first. Damage? face and head none, helmet deep scratches and smashed. Brusied ribs and shoulder and arm. I am a medic and if i wasn't wearing this helmet (and fox body armour) i would have had broken collar bone, shattered elbow and broken arm. broken ribs and severe concussion/ fractured skull/ smashed eye socket and broken nose.

Morale to the story? Buy this helmet (i have just ordered a new one). If you ride aggressively consider body armour, if you have an off it will save your neck..

Happy riding :)))

All types of xc helmets over the years