Kali Protectives Mantra Full Face Helmet

The Kali Mantra helmet is our most elemental helmet, featuring an ABS shell for overall toughness and impact resistance. The Mantra helmet is both feature and graphic rich, providing a new reference in head protection.

me   All Mountain Rider [Mar 21, 2012]
Strength:

Light weight, Break away visor is awesome, comfort

not fun while climbing.... what full face helmet is?

This helmet is awesome! especially considering that i got it for 46.99 on sale from allsportprotection.com, it has saved my face numerous times!

Similar Products Used: bell full face
Stevuke   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2011]
Strength:

Great value, light weight, good comfortable fit.. excellent shock absorbtion. The break away visor is key.

Break away visor "breaks away" very easily.. this would be a plus except my LBS charges $25 for a new visor. If it were $15.. it would be a plus.

When I saw that a rental was $30 but I could buy this for $99.. i was sold.

Super light and comfortable (for the money)

The break away visor is awesome. I took a nasty head dive into a rock.. all I saw was this BIG rock coming at my face and at the last second, all was black and I had the visor completely covering my face. Nice save - that could have been ugly.

It was a hard hit.. shock absorbtion was excellent. I was fine after a minute or two.

I just wish the visors weren't $25 a piece.

Other than that - if all you want to spend is $99, nothing else seems to compare. I think I may wear this on heavier XC/all mountain rides... it's light and it makes me feel SUPER safe.

Similar Products Used: This is my only full face. I currently use the Giro Hex, I have used the bell variant, and a few other giros in the past.
Freeride777   Downhiller [Nov 22, 2010]
Strength:

For the price point it offers very good value for money. Comfort was very good for my head size and shape though this is always a personal choice. I did prefer this helmet for cooler weather or more "everyday riding". Durability has been excellent with this helmet.

artwork is very much a personal choice. Some people don't care if their helmet doesn't match their FiveTen shoes. Unfortunately design and artwork does affect how many riders judge helmets, and hence affects sales numbers.

Comfort was very good for my head size and shape though this is always a personal choice. I did prefer this helmet for cooler weather or more "everyday riding". Durability has been excellent with this helmet but I have been wearing the Prana Carbon too, so the comparison with other Kali products' durability is not quite as like for like. I was very impressed with the quality of the finish and artwork on the black "Wheels" version of the Mantra. It gave me the DOT level of protection I wanted this season, was very comfortable, held up well in terms of durability and simply did its thing without fuss or complication.