Bell Drop Full Face Helmet

Bell Drop Full Face Helmet

Designed by the same team that brought you the Moto-8 motocross helmet, the Bell Drop Mountain Bike Helmet lets you attack the course head on with a burly ABS plastic shell to protect your braincase. The Drop meets the safety requirements of not only the CPSC, but the ASTM, as well -- a standard which is voluntary and demands a higher impact velocity. This fullface Bell helmet?s visor side pivots increase durability in case you do decide to put that higher impact velocity to the test.

[Mar 03, 2011]
jordenkl

Strength:

This helmet is very very comfortable, there is alot of padding, and a lot of space ( visually). The helmet provide lots of protection when crashing.

Well....nothing yet

The bottom line is, if you are looking for a good protection, and comfortable design go for the Bell drop. I had some crashes with it, and the helmet's performance was pretty great, I did not feel the hit from the crash, and the helmet didn't move to the side when I crashed.

I would recommend it to any one who's looking for a full face helmet.

(The price is not the price in the US or UK)

Havn't tried

[Aug 15, 2010]
mcap
Downhiller

Strength:

Very comfortable, quality padding thats removable. Easy to use buckle clasp.

No comparison to the cheaper models. The padding is very comfortable and feels really high quality. Haven't taken any big hits yet, but feels confident it provides superior protection

[May 18, 2010]
ladydeacon

Strength:

Comfortable!

Could use more vents

I needed a full face helmet for the occasional shuttle ride or more technical day. I first bought a Bell Bellistic for $50, what a mistake! Not comfortable at all and no removable pads inside. So I happened to see a Bell Drop at my lbs and tried it on. What a difference! Fits better all around and has removable padding that is so much more comfortable than the Bellistic. Then I found the Drop for $58 at Jenson woohoo! Haven't tested it in any crashes so far but it is a great deal!

Bell Bellistic

[Apr 23, 2010]
Get_A_Ride

Strength:

Great protection and airflow! I have the Cedric Gracia signature edition and the graphics are really impressive and stand out from any other helmets I've seen.

None so far. Let's just hope there are no weaknesses when I hit a tree or anything else head on; which I've come VERY close to doing a couple of times.

Great helmet! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a helmet with great protection and ventilation!

[Jan 15, 2010]
gastonbx
Downhiller

Strength:

Comfortable, light, protective.

I've got the normal grey drop and the brian lopes drop, the first one seffured several hits, but my head remains intact (I think) It saved me of a good face-filing against flagstone. It is cracked but not broken, so still in use, and bought the brian lopez if in nearby term it brokes. Recommended! It also looks good in pictures.

661, prorider, the

[Jun 21, 2009]
highstandards

Strength:

Fit and style. Better protection than some of the lighter full face helmets. Not too hot.

A bit bukly but the bulk is required I guess.

A great helmet, most comparable to the remedy.

Remedy, Deviant, TLD

[Feb 20, 2009]
CdaleProph6
Downhiller

Strength:

Weight,styling, pads inside

none i can think of

This helmet is awesome...got the CG signature edition and the styling on it is wicked. super comfortable and quite the step up from my sixsixone pos....i feel like it sits in the bell/giro lineup right between the remedy and the remedy CF couldnt justify the CF helmet and this one matched the bike too which was great. the adjustability of the visor is great, and the visibility out of it is awesome too. overall happy with it and would reccomend it to anyone

SixSixone Comp,Giro remedy

[Oct 11, 2008]
reegs

Strength:

Very comfortable, high quality materials in the liner, nice fit, very light weight,and works like a charm with my pink and yellow 1980s smitty goggles

Ventilation could be a tad better

Why aren't more people talking about this lid?! The Drop is like a Lexus to the Bellistic's Toyota, an improvement on a good product with great attention to detail and finish. I got mine on sale for $120 CAN, but would have been happy to pay full price! Strongly reccomend.

Remedy

[Apr 25, 2008]
Mark Tischhauser

Strength:

Light weight, good ventiltation, looks cool in olive matt paint, clip chin strap

S/M size is a little large. Have to tighten chinstrap almost all the way down

A decent full face lip for a not huge dollars. Worth the price when compared to medical and dental bills