Tifosi Ventoux Eyewear

Ventoux Tifosi Eyewear with interchangeable lenses and a customizable fit Made of GrilamidTR-90, a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low density, and high resistanceTo chemical and UV damage Adjustable ear and nose pieces for a customizable, comfortable fit 25 grams Fits mediumTo large faces TifosiTech Specs GrilamidTR-90 frame: a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low densi

Hill-Pumper   Cross Country Rider [Jun 05, 2010]
Strength:

Price, features, wind protection

Lens replacement cost

For the price these are hard to beat. I have used Oakley's and loved them, but a little pricey for how hard I am on glasses. The Tofosi line is at a price point that don't mind if they get torn up, but still have good optical quality. I use the Fototec lenses which do a good job of adjusting from light to dark conditions quickly. Also, I hate changing out lenses as they seem to get broken that way. The glasses protect my eyes from wind and give full vision without obstruction. My only real beef is that replacement lenses cost almost as much as a set of glasses. So, you might as well be new glasses at that point.

Similar Products Used: Oakley, Ray Ban
Singlespeed McGee   Cross Country Rider [Jun 15, 2009]
Strength:

Stylish, came with 2 other pairs of lenses, hard-ish case and a cleaning cloth, durable, don't fog up that much and light.

None as of yet.

For the price I paid, not a bad set of glasses. I like the frame, but I wish I had gotten the ones with polarized lenses. Oh well. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a pair of glasses without spending too much.

Similar Products Used: None
Thomas   Cross Country Rider [Apr 22, 2008]
Strength:

Looks pretty slick, interchangeable lenses, hydrophilic temple and nose pieces work!, nose piece is unobtrusive and doesn't make you look stupid, and its cheap

lenses aren't particularly small and oval (my preference)

WOW! They give you a lot of stuff when you buy from athletic shades: In addition to my frames with smoke lenses I got AC contrast (which are the orange-red-pinkish which really makes the shadows pop) and clear (night rides?), and a really nice hard case with lens holder inside and a soft bag. Pretty good deal at only $60. Call Chuck @ Athletic shades and he'll hook you up.

As for the glasses themselves they are excellent. Just as durable as my ol' Spy's and look good enough to use off the bike. Extra lenses are real neat and the hydrophilic pieces keep them from falling off your face while riding and even help if you're jumping into water to cool off.

Excellent product, excellent price.