Tifosi Slip Eyewear

Tifosi Slip Eyewear

Slip Tifosi Eyewear with interchangeable lenses and a customizable fit Made of GrilamidTR-90, a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low density, and high resistanceTo chemical and UV damage Hydrophilic rubber ear and nose pieces for a no-slip fit Adjustable ear pieces for a customizable, comfortable fit Fits smallTo large faces 24 grams Good fit for women TifosiTech Specs GrilamidTR-90: a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an

[Sep 25, 2013]
Jesterrider

Strength:

Inexpensive, nice fit.

Lenses break & Tifosi charges to replace.

I have 2 pairs of different Tifosi sunglasses and 3 lenses have all cracked in the center. I will not buy Tifosi again

[Nov 07, 2011]
SlickRick
Downhiller

Strength:

Excellent fit, ventilation (big deal for me), interchangeable lenses are great (especially after Tifosi corrected the design flaw that caused lenses to crack at the nose area), and super lightweight.

None since the flaw in design that made lenses crack/break in half was corrected. I spoke directly with Tifosi about the problem, and it was a problem with the notch in the lens being cut incorrectly on select lenses.

The Slip is a great glass for basically any condition, assuming you have the interchangeable version with swappable lenses. The vents work great as long as you don't wear your glasses so close to your face they touch your eyelashes. I own two pair and haven't had any problems mentioned here, and I've ridden them hard. No peeling lenses (???) or cracked lenses. I was also told that if my lens ever cracked or broke, that it would be replaced free of charge under warranty, but that I shouldn't have any problems with it.

Oakley, Ryders, Smith Opt.

[Apr 30, 2011]
Veda

Strength:

Fototec photochromic lens is very useful. Nice fit.

None so far.

Fit not as good as the Tyrant. Haven't experienced any cracking lens on top of the nose like others here. I'd get the Tyrant everytime!

Tifosi Tyrant, Polaroid, Oakley, etc

[Sep 16, 2010]
cfelix

Strength:

Nice fit, great lenses. Cheaper.

The lens tends to break on top of the nose. This is a flaw with the design. The bridge area is to thin and this is without even removing the lens as I have only one.

I recommend Tifosi eyewear, just not the ones with this type of lense. Buy one with two lenses.

Rudy project

[Aug 29, 2010]
kcordes

Strength:

Fit

quality

AC Red Lens is good out of the box, but I do NOT reccomend using them for any riding where you might sweat (!) and then clean them on trail with anything other than a sterlized cloth (!) seriously, the coating wore off after two (yep 2) rides. the yellow and clear lenses are OK, as they have no coating on them. low chili counts / sorry tifosi but I gave you a chance!

[Jul 03, 2010]
Keith Jenkins

Strength:

decent optics, tough frame.

Lenses break over the nose. Replacement didn't make it a year without cracking. Tried one of my wife's lenses - and the notch is smaller. If the lenses are supposed to be interchangable, changing them shouldn't be a problem for the lens.

Would NOT recommend.

[Aug 25, 2008]
yost

Strength:

Lens options, fantastic customer support, stick to your head like glue, great wind protection

ear grips came off (but Tifosi was quick to send a new set of grips), a little "jock-y" for my taste

Bike is my main mode of locomotion, so having good eyewear is important. I use clear lenses at night, red in clouds and black in sun. Switching 'em out is easy, they fit nicely under my helmet and above my earphones, and they keep my contacts from drying out. C'mon, essentially four pair of glasses for fifty bucks? Can't beat it. Especially those 5:00am rides to work when it's -10F. Yes, I'm moving out of Michigan soon!

Optic Nerve Response Photomatic

[May 29, 2008]
spencer Allen

Strength:

Absolutly lovely to where. Very comfortable and reliable. I can't see my neighbors mom's face when we're going at it missionary style. But other than that, being at taco bell at 3 in the morning never looked so good.

Very easy to walk out of store with. Did not stop the cancer/aids destroying my colon.

The bottom line is.. I stole these glasses and feel bad for people that had to buy them. They are not the best bike glasses I have seen and that is why I will be returning them shortly to Principles Pro Shop. When I arrive there I will then hand over the missing pair of glasses I stole, along with a blinking light thingy, 5 power bars, a pair of bike shorts, and the already mentioned dildo. No matter how many Flamming chilli's I rate this product. The concept of these scoring system shall always be... "Flaming"

I'v been a clepto for so long I care not to look at the brands that are hidden away in my very bright yellow poncho that I incongruously walk into stores with. I did steal a 10 inch dildo once. I would rather not mention where I had to conceal it.

[Jul 20, 2007]
cooz

Strength:

lense choices, grippy earpiece

durability -lenses crack, nose piece rubber comes loose

i wish tifosi would offer replacement lenses cheaper since these break so easily. they snap into the frame above the nose and its an extremely weak design, 2 of the 3 lenses cracked in half there with about a years use. i tried to be very careful with removal and installation but its just a bad design. now that im down to the last lense (amber) hopefully it will stand up if left in there. the rubber nose grips also have a tendency to slide off the frame. otherwise they're light and fairly scratch resistant but im disappointed with the longevity.

[Dec 12, 2006]
Paul Gerber

Strength:

A lot cheaper than oakleys or specialized and they are brilliant value for money. 4 lenses, superlight and very little fogging(only when you stop in the cold, it's London...Its very cold)

None as of yet...

Fantastic set of glasses...Super light and stick to your face no matter what. They only ever fog up when you stop and it is really cold(like, under 10 degrees celsius). The 4 different lenses cover every situation and are really easy to switch between.
For glasses at this price range you seldom get a hardcase which means you carry all your extra lenses in a soft pouch in your bag, these come with a hardcase which fits the extra lenses in very neatly.
All in all, for under £50 you cant get better.