Spy Scoop Eyewear

Spy Scoop Eyewear

Scoop

[Dec 30, 2005]
Frank D

Strength:

looks awesome, i dont know why these days all sunglases under 150$ look so crappy

hmmm all , the fancy color is made of rubber and it peeled off ,all the rubber starts falling apart and the rubber arm ends break up easily.

you can buy them cuz they look cool, but if u gonna use them they will fall apart.

dont buy rubber covered sunglasses ever

arnette catfish, quicksilver cosmos, electric digit

[Jul 11, 2001]
John

Strength:

looks

tons- fog instantly and stay fogged! I always need to use anti fog spray. the vent system si a joke. The pain on the glasses is peeling off. I'll never buy spy again!!!!

crap!!!!!!!

oakley, zeal, smith

[Dec 01, 2000]
T C

Strength:

Looks, Fit, Versatility.

The Spy name applied to the ear triggers has almost completely rubbed off, looks cheap. Have started using an anti-fog coating when needed. The case supplied with glasses has spikes sticking out of it to use a feet to help it stand up, not a good thing.

Still a love hate relationship, more love than hate for sure.

Oakley, Smith, Bolle

[Jun 06, 2000]
Tom Cavanaugh

Strength:

Looks and fit, although the fit is also one of it's drawbacks. Interchangeable lenses.

Scoop design is a gimick. These are the most fog prone glasses I've ever worn. They have a tendency to fog badly close to the nose piece. Spy told me that the extra lenses that come with the Commando Kit have an permanent anti-fog coating on them but not the original lenses that come with the glasses. I've been told by several optomitrists that there is no such thing as a permanent anti-fog coating.Also the fit and wrap is set so close to your face that sweat is easily transfered to the outside area of the lenses close to the hinges. Also because the wrap is so tight you cannot reach in behind the glasses with a finger to rub your eye or to remove sweat if you have to. Spy has told me to send the glasses in to them and they will do a limited adjustment. I think this will be difficult to do without me being there? Also only a one year warranty with a pair of $100 glasses, shows a lack of faith in the product.

I hope the adjustment helps, I do like the style of the glasses and love the interchangeable lenses. So far it's a love hate relationship.

Smith, Oakley, Bolle.

[Feb 04, 2000]
JON

Strength:

GREAT LOOKS......GREAT SCOOP DESIGN

NONE FOUND OF YET

BEST GLASSES IN THE WORLD!!!
HELL IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR NA-PALM THEN THEY'RE DAMN GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME

SMITH SLIDER BAZOOKA'S

[Aug 14, 2001]
Philip Orosco

Strength:

This is a review for the SPY MICRO SCOOP: Interchangable lenses, light, black frames fit me perfectly, vents really work.

Lenses scratch easily, no nose piece to help them stay up on the shnoz. Silver frames are tighter than the blacks, and dont fit my head. very strange.

I have never used the plain SPY scoop, but I have the micro scoop in both silver and black. The vents work flawlessly, as long as you are moving. When I stop while riding, the fog sets in, but as soon as I get rolling, the fog immediately vanishes. Very Cool. Interchangable lenses are good and easy. I like to use the yellow lens in races, and they have never let me down. Maybe one time per race I have to push the glasses back up from slipping on the nose. Maybe spy can work on that one.

I also must give kudos to Spy for some serious customer service. At last weeks race I showed the rep that my yellow lenses and showed him that they had developed a patter of scratches (probably my fault for tossing them in the tool bag repeatedly). The rep said "you know I take care of you guys" and popped in a new set of yellows without hesitation. That was one of the coolest showings of customer service that I have ever seen. Lastly, the silver frames are inexplicably snugger than the blacks, and dont really fit that well in comparison. Very strange.

Oakley, cheapos, various

[Jan 17, 2003]
captn

Strength:

light weight, they don't fall off,all the different lenses you can use and they don't fog up

lenses scratch easily, but then again you are mountain biking.

they work great dark lenses during a sunny day orange or yellow at dusk or overcast.Clear on a nightride

standard cheap sunglasses

[Feb 21, 2003]
Ryan Brandt
Downhiller

Strength:

very comfortable, the vents work well. They sweet looking and they don't fall off. The grips let the fram stil to your head. The lenses are changeable and come in many different colors for different day. Frames come in different colors to. Durable-

they fog up onece in a wile but not often

There the best glasses i have ever had and used. There perfect for skateing, biking, snow skating, and skim boarding. I love em. try em out out your local dealer.
The spy micro scoop is the best for smaller faces and dont fit large heads.

oakley twenties, smith voodoe

[Aug 13, 2001]
Jason Glaspey
Downhiller

Strength:

They'll never fall off.
I like the optics out of these glasses much better than Smiths. It seems like the lenses are of a higher quality. When I tried the Smiths on in the store, my vision was reduced, not enhanced.

They pinch my head a bit, which doesn't feel very good after a few hours of riding.
They fog horribly bad if you stop during a ride. When you're moving, the scoop gets air into the vents and they don't fog as bad, but I've never had glasses fog this bad before.
The arms are so thick that I can't wear my hat and them at the same time. Luckily it's not a problem with my helmet, but a visor or ball cap is out of the question.

When I tried them on in the store, I liked the fact that they fit really snug. So I bought them thinking they would never fall off when crashing on my bike or snowboard. This has been true, but they fit so tight that it becomes uncomfortable after a while. Plus, they fog terribly everytime I stop on the trail. I like Spy, but wouldn't recomend this model.

Dragon, Nike with replaceable lenses.

[Aug 29, 2004]
JOe

Strength:

I ordered the smith scoop gs with gold lenses. The lense color was awesome, it really boosted contrast. Thats about it.

The paint on the frames comes off easily, the lense scratched pretty easy, The frame is really weak and broke while in the case in my backpack (They were not stepped on or sat on)

The frame is crap...they are overpriced good looking pieces of crap.

Smith Buzzsaws (great glasses)