Smith MAINLINE Eyewear

Smith MAINLINE Eyewear

Patented, interchangeable lens technology. (US Patent #5,602,603) Each Slider includes Sienna Brown, Gold Lite and Yellow lens sets Replacement lenses: Rose, Green, Clear, Platinum Mirror, Gray Polarized, Brown Polarized Wrap frames minimize the effects of wind, snow and glare 8 base and 9 base lenses equipped with Tapered Lens Technology 100% UV protection Comfortable, durable Grilamid frames Hydrophilic Megol nosepads provide less slippage and more grippage Rugged, resilient stainless steel hinges 9 base lenses equipped with Tapered Lens Technology All lenses provide 100% UV protection.

[Jun 02, 2009]
valiant1974

Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable, good range of vision, removable lenses

This is the best pair of sunglasses I've ever owned. I have been using these glasses for almost five years now. I like the removable lenses although I have only used the amber lenses since purchase.

Spy, Rayban, Oakley, Smith

[Sep 19, 2008]
Cadillac

Strength:

Multi-Lens System, Polarized, light-weight, durable, SUPERIOR SMITH LIFETIME WARRANTY

Rubber on the ear pieces don't like croakies.

You need to buy these if you can find them. I mean there are three lenses to select from with dark, amber, and like a maroon color to suit your need. They are large lenses so they fit your fat head and google eyes, and if you break them (i.e. dog doesn't chew them) Smith warranty kicks in.

Wonderful American product!

Oakley Blades, Bolle Anaconda, others

[Aug 01, 2007]
Rick Korzekwa

Strength:

Lightweight, durable, the amber lenses give good contrast while still reducing eye strain even in full sunlight, good coverage for glare/dirt/rain/whatever, easily replaceable lenses, come with yellow lenses for darker conditions

I think they look a little funny. If the lenses get scratched they are expensive to replace.

These are great sunglasses, especially for the price. If you're riding through rain or some other crap and it's dark you can swap out for the yellow lenses. They are very lightweight and stay put on your face. The lenses hold up well to abuse. I've been using them for over five years now with them around my neck most of the time. They get food, dirt, etc on them all the time, I use my t-shirt to keep them clean and rarely put them in my glasses case, but the lenses are still (barely) tolerable.

I don't think Smith still makes these, but if you can find them, they are good for anyone not too concerned about appearance but who wants some flexible, no-nonsense eyeware for almost any outdoor activity.

Smith Buzzsaw, cheap (<$25) sunglasses.

[Jan 05, 2002]
Joel

Strength:

Amazingly strong frame, carbonic shatter resistant lenses, adhesive side and nose pads, 3 different lens colours for all conditions and they ,look great!!

none so far.

I needed a pair of glasses with clear lenses for cross country riding through dark forests and night rides. I was tired of having branches smack me in the eyes. The smiths are great. The lenses are large and cover my eyes all the way around. Smiths lenses are top of the line (under okaly) and are vurtually shatter proof. I was not worried about paying the $150 Canadian because if the lenses get scratched, i wont have to buy a new pair of glasses. It is only $35 Canadian for new lenses. I was very supprised to see that the smith website says they are made for mountain biking. They are an amazing pair of glasses if you dont have to mony to spend of a pair of Okalys.

nike interchangable

[Dec 24, 2001]
Liam

Strength:

you get 3 pairs of shades for the price of one, looks, very very light.

well let me see... None!

if you re looking for a pair of sunglasses buy these ones. you won t be disapointed!

oakleys

[Nov 22, 2001]
Jimmy Johnstone

Strength:

Work Well, excellent quality of components and finish.
Good selection of lens colours.
Stop foreign bidies entering my Peepers.

Lenses suffer a bit after changing continously, easy fix, clean them before removal/installation.
A little expensive, but you get three pairs of glasses for starters, and what price is quality anyway?

I would reccomend looking into these (pardon the Pun) if you are after a quality pair of Specs.
My mates think I am a bit mad for spending $200.00Aust. on a pair of riding glasses, but bear the following in mind;
1)you get 3 pairs of glasses with the bulk of one set of frames and carry case(which holds the other 2 sets of lenses),
2)The lenses are high Quality Shatterproof and available in a range of colours
3)The colours of the lenses are perfect for any light condition (Orange for sunny days amongst the trees please)
4)My eyes are worth well over $200.00Aust., and
5)They look cool!!!!!
These are a one time purchase. Never had a problem with them, and dont expect to either.
Bottom line, as always, you get what you pay for, and these babies are value.

Numerous saftey specs, sunglasses (inc. Bolle, Ray Ban and Vuarnet)

[Apr 11, 2004]
Brent E Merritt

Strength:

Good wind protection, I wear contacts so that's a big deal for me.
Amber and yellow lenses are great in low light conditions, really enhance your vision.
Large frames don't obstruct vision ala slider 01's.

I don't change lenses all that often, but they seem to scratch easily.

Felt kind of freakish wearing these at first 'cause they're so big, but after the first ride I really liked the Mainlines. They kept the wind out of my eyes really well during downhills. Like I said earlier, that's a big deal if you wear contacts. They do fog on long slow climbs, but every pair of shades I've ever worn will do that. Who should buy them? If you have problems with wind causing your eyes to water up and you ride in changing light conditions and don't want to buy multiple pairs of shades, buy Smith Mainlines. I'm giving these 5 chilis all around b/c in the last year I've had no problems with these and the fogging isn't really Smiths fault.

Smith slider 01's that got stolen thankfully. The frames were too small, resulted in poor peripheral vision, annoying.

[Nov 06, 2001]
Kelly Coving

Strength:

These babys are sweet,great fit looks good. Kinda' like having 3 pairs of shades.!!

Hmmm...Got to get back to ya on that one,cant find any yet!!

"Kill a bunch of birds with One stone"

several pairs of Oakley's and Ray Bans

[Apr 19, 2005]
Bubba

Strength:

The best thing about these glasses are the easy lense changes. These glasses fit to your head like a second skin. I have the polorized grey and orange lenses so I paid a little more. I have had these glasses for a while and have put them through rigorous abuse and they have taken it like a man!

The only thing bad I can say about these glasses is that there is no venting on the frame or in the lenses for air to stop fogging. I have Smith goggles too that come with adjustable venting that would be great for their everyday eyewear. Fog easily in steamy conditions especially in FL in the summer!!!

For as much as I paid I think they could definitely use a decent venting system. As far as fit, and vision, I give them an A.

Oakley jacket

[Apr 21, 2007]
Dan Porat

Strength:

lightweight ,looks good , cheap , great visibility.
Great product as long as you don't take part in any sport activity with it

All i could see while riding is fog. had to stop every 2 seconds to wipe of my eyes and the lens... and that wasn't even in the high time of the summer!!!!

NOT FOR SPORTS!!!