Rudy Project Project Skeey Eyewear

Project Skeey

Skeey

Silver23   Weekend Warrior [Oct 04, 2001]
Strength:

Comfortable, Great Looks, Lightweight, adjustable for the face/head shape, Inter-changable/Multiple colours of glasses and different Frame colours and structures. Air vents and replacement parts available.

None, except as for any other glasses, the non-irridium glasses scratch easier then the Irridium ones.

This is my second pair of them, the first ones got stolen. Anyway if you are in search of a stylish no nonsense Bike or allpurpose Glasses------> don't look further These are the babies to get. Even for Price/Value nothing comes close. If you are searching for optically well balanced glasses, get the Blue ones, they are my favourite. They go extra well with the Carbon Fiber frame which is the most durable one to get, they come standard with black glasses.
Nowadays you will get a hardcase glasses protector/carrier which is also very cool!
My advice, stop reading and get out to buy them......
Great riding to you all!

Similar Products Used: Oakly e-wires. Rudy Project Laser and so on..
Andrew   Racer [Sep 19, 2000]
Strength:

Light. Looks. Frame

Lenses Chip at mounting area

This is an update from a previous review (see below). Rudy was great about replacing some chipped lenses. Unfortunately, about 2 weeks after I got the replacement lenses, they started to chip too. Another set of lenses of a different color is also starting to chip. Granted $15 per pair of lenses isn't expensive to replace, it is a bit of a drag. Rudy's customer service is great, but they need to work on quality control.

Similar Products Used: Smith Buzzsaws
Brian   [May 31, 2000]

Awesome sunglasses!!! My version is the Skeey Uno and since there is no place for them i'll just write my review here. Carbon bridge rules, interchangeable lenses rule, look rules!!! I got these for $65 at the auction of my old bike shop. Go buy these sunglasses they rule!! Retail Price is steep but it's worth it.

Joe   Downhiller [Jun 24, 2001]
Strength:

Fit my face extremely well
Nice and flexible
The adjustable ear pieces rock
Bulletproof lenses with interchageables

The paint on mine seems to somewhat flake off as I interchange the lenses. Other than that, no serious weaknesses

These shades are tight. Finally glasses that stay on my face and don't slide off my nose when the sweat comes. All in all these are a pair of glasses that are well worth the money.

Similar Products Used: Smith Slider Series Toasters
Jeff   Cross Country Rider [Dec 28, 2000]
Strength:

very cool looking - lenses go into small pouch that you can take with you on long rides that may take you into the night - very adjustable and comfortable

they fog up more than my Oakley's did - not great for multi-sports I use them just for biking they are heavier than the Oakley's and seem to bounce around more when I use them for running

Got these glasses when I lost my Oakleys on a mountain bike ride. Had my Oakleys for a long time and I was heart broken. The Skeey's are great glasses, except that they fog up a lot more than my Oakleys ever did. About a month after I had the Skeey's I walked the 10 mile trail to try to find my Oakley's, I found them. There is a God! I still where my Skeey's - they are very cool looking.

Similar Products Used: Oakley M Frame for about 20 years......
kevin pike   Racer [May 29, 2001]
Strength:

Strong flexible frames
Lenses almost impossible to scratch
Don't have to sacrafice style for durrability

The skeey is the best pair of glasses I have used in years so far. Very durrable and you do not have to treat the lenses like the easy to scratch M frame. I like the way they fit on my face. They are very comfortable. I not only use them for biking, but for X-country skiing also. Very lightweight. And if you are worrying about the price, don't hesitate, they are well worth the purchase

Similar Products Used: Oakley M frame and Oakley signature
Morten   Racer [Jan 05, 2001]
Strength:

Good fit, really easy to adjust and change lenses, they go really good together with my helmet, unlike my all-to-big Briko Shots, that I now only use for cross-country skiing

they fog very much in cold weather, and i think the spare lense price is a bit stiff

I would buy these again!

Similar Products Used: Briko Shot 2 and Uvex
nadezhda   Racer [Nov 17, 2000]
Strength:

No-warping vision

tear up sometimes

i have some depth perception problems that only get worse with a lot of glasses, but not with these! they are great! they stay on my head nicely, they don't fog, they clean well, and they are just great. the interchangeable lenses are a real plus - htey are easy to change and not too pricey. my eyes do tear up when going down hill sometimes, but i would highly suggest these glasses!

Similar Products Used: oakley
ed granado   Weekend Warrior [Oct 30, 2000]
Strength:

these look sweet i get LOTS of questions & compliments on them @ trail heads... they are light and pretty strong. not too expensive, offer an RX insert, Rudy Proj. Cust Service is awesome!!! nice options on lens colors too...

new frames recently lenses feel tiniest bit "loose" in the mounts but don't rattle just feel slightly less secure.. i think they redesigned it ot put less pressure on the lenses to avoid chipping problems from before...
the RX insert takes some playing with to set up properly for you to see clearly with and the tiny screws for the RX insert can strip out easier than i'd expect for such a nice prod.

bottom line is that these are very nice glasses they shield the eyes well i do occasionally get a bit of tearing up on FAST dh runs, but nothing to sweat over.. The Rudy Proj Cust Service is excellent I had the tiny screws for the RX insert strip & i had to send them back 10 months after buying them... They replaced the frame with their newer design which is less stressful on the lenses, sent me a new RX insert w/my RX lenses in it & it mounted properly in the new frame,
NOT ONLY THAT!!! they sent me a plastic hard case i never got with my initial purchase...An xtra set of lenses, plus a soft case for the glasses and a special cleaning cloth...

AS WELL AS...a Rudy Project Hat, T shirt & Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!
these guys are the Sh!t !!!

Go Out & buy their stuff!! they stand by them completely!!

Edgy

Similar Products Used: bolle Parole/ vigilante w RX insert.
C J   Cross Country Rider [Oct 02, 2000]
Strength:

Great Fit, multiple Lens options

lenses touch my eye lashes...tend to fog up on cooler rides or night rides.

Great quality frames and lenses. What else would you expect from Italy? So many options aval. as far as lens types makes for the perfect shades for all rides. They're even cool enough to wear while you're going out for that post-ride beverage.