Performance Radial II Multi-Lens Sunglasses Eyewear

Performance Radial II Multi-Lens Sunglasses Eyewear

The Radial II gives you crystal-clear vision in almost any condition with vented full-shield protection and 3 sets of interchangeable lens – with the solid value and GUARANTEED satisfaction you expect from Performance

Features/Benefits

• Lightweight, vented full-shield design for superior vision, protection and comfort
  • Forged nylon frame with non-slip Siltec rubber temple ends for a snug, comfortable fit
  • Comes with 3 interchangeable lenses (gray, orange and clear) so you can select the lens to best suit the conditions
  • Optional RX prescription adaptor
  • Contemporary, attractive design and colors

Available frame colors are Blue/black fade and Grey/black fade

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 02, 2011]
    Scott

Strength:

Price-I am not going to pay $50. and up. I like the look, lenses change easily, Performance replaced parts with no questions asked, including a lense the fell out and the locking tip broke on the floor, comes with three lenses when many glasses only come with two.

The nose piece has a hard plastic part that snaps onto the lens and a cushion part for comfort. I have had them come apart several times. I often used some super glue and it usually stays for at least several months. To Performance Bike's credit, when it fell apart the last time and I could not find one of the pieces, they sent me a new one right away with no questions asked.

To me these are great glasses. The price fluctuates. I have seen Performance have them for as much as 49.99 and as little as 19.99. I kick myself every so often for not getting a couple of extra pairs when they were at the lowest price.

Bolle Parole

[Jul 08, 2007]
    Joel Andes

Strength:

accepts a RX insert

The nose bridges will only last if you never change lense color.If you ride night and in daylight on the same day and coomute to work the nose gbidge will break into multiple pieces and the nose bridge is not replaceable and will get no assitance from Performance.com

Manufacturer made a multi-lens frame with the intention that you never change the lenses.

Bolle Edge with RX insert used for 12 years before the RXinsert frame broke.Lasted so long they don't make anymore

[Dec 09, 2003]
    Jeston Norenberg

Strength:

I got these with the prescription adapter and prescription lenses. I've used these over several thousands of miles of road riding and some pretty gnarly trail riding with no problems.

Don't stay put as well as Oakley Pro M's but hey, they're a third of the price.

I wanted to get Oakley Pro M's with prescription lenses but was told at a local eye glass store that "if you are asking about the price, you can't afford them." The performace glasses have served well and as with anything from them, they always have a great return policy and great customer service.

Oakley Pro M's

[Jan 18, 2004]
    Bob

Strength:

I have issues with my glasses fogging up. I wear eyewear with prescription lenses so I was looking for a pair of glasses that would not fog up much. I tried these glasses with the Rx inserts on the other day for a ride in the woods. It was about 35 degrees. They performed very well. There was some fogging up but that only happened when I stopped. When I got going, they cleared up. With my other glasses I had take them off and wipe the glasses off.

The price with the Rx insert ($20.00) was $49.00

Doesn't fit my face as well as my other eyewear.

For the price I paid, so far I they have performed well.

None.

[Sep 08, 2002]
    Drew Shock

Strength:

Feels light on my face, good fit (not to tight), very good optics with three relatively easy to change lenses, optional presccription adaptor, nice carrying case

Minor - they look big on a small head

Fit is snug, not tight on the temples like the Smith Moabs. I like the nose piece of the Performace Radial II sunglases better than the sticky ones like on my Oakleys.

Oakley quality optics at less than half the price!

Off brand, Oakley, L.L. Bean Deluxe Sport Shields(aka Smith Moab)

[Oct 28, 2003]
    Mark

Strength:

Good price compared to the big names. Three lenses. Light weight, simple design.

Design flaws and/or material weaknesses led to one of the lenses breaking

I took a chance and tried to save some bucks on a pair of glasses for mountain biking. The chance did NOT pay off. After 2-3 months I am now looking for new glasses. The interlocking tip on one side of my mono-lens broke off as I was trying to get them to stay in place. Adjustment has been a constant problem. I hate to say this, but it seems that you do need to pay ridiculous prices for quality eyewear -- I tried to say some money and "paid for it."

Rudy (Tayo), Smith (Slider), Oakley (M-Frame)

[Jul 31, 2006]
    Ruben

Strength:

Price, design, mulitple lenses, Rx adapter

Heavy..product replacement/availability

I got these glasses with the Rx adapter filled for $75! Great price. I've used these suckers for about every type of riding I can imagine doing here in Texas. I've used them for running, cycling, tris, and toobing! Great glasses. Like the interchangable lense system. Would recommend these to someone who needs the Rx feature and rides in all types of conditions and times. Since loosing them, I have had a hard time finding a replacement set and or comparable product.

No name glasses, Oakley.

[Nov 26, 2003]
    Rob

Strength:

Good return policy.

Simply didn't fit my face at all.

They just don't fit my face. The nose notch isn't deep enough, and they rode so high on my face that when I'm off the bike looking straight ahead, I was looking squarely at the bottom of the lens frames. I have a sort of average nose, but ymmv -- maybe if you've got a little button they'll work for you.

As far as the style and construction, they were fine. The prescription insert seemed OK, and Performance got my prescription right. Darnit, I just wish they'd fit! To The Big P's credit, they took 'em back and refunded all my money, including for the prescription lens. That's really good customer service, so I can't be too ticked about the whole deal. But I'm still looking for a pair of sub-$150 prescription glasses. Maybe next year...

Hard to rate these -- they were valueless to me, but I wasn't out anything either. Overall rating... well they didn't fit, otherwise they were OK. Hmmm... give'em something in the middle.

Other Performance sunglasses.

[Aug 20, 2002]
    Dave

Strength:

Light, easy to switch out the lenses, air vents, decent price.

none yet

My biggest problem - I sweat standing still if it's over 73 degrees. Have always had problems w/ glasses fogging up, even with no-fog spray-on/wipe-on, however-you-have-to-put-it-on stuff. I ride year round - in the snow, in the rain, in the %$#^%$#%$ heat, here in drought-city Virginia. Used these good looking glasses last evening for the first time, Temp 95 degrees, Humidity 85% - drained my Camelbak, soaked my clothes - these glasses DID NOT FOG UP! Love 'em. If you have trouble fogging up - these glasses are for you.

oakley razors, etc, etc, etc.

[Aug 22, 2004]
    randy hart

Strength:

light weight, cool looking, rx inserts, sweat runs off the lenses, vented

lenses smear easily, when sweating what doesnt drip off it fogs and smears the lenses, if lenses not properly secured the frame sits crooked.

glases look cool, 3 sets of lenses. rx lense inserts. had no problem riding with them but what sweat doenst drip off the lenses it dries and makes the lenses smear. but if i didnt have the rx lenses in it, it might not d that. i ride in a hmid condition so if i stop for too long they fog up. other than that great glasses.