Oakley Zeros Eyewear

So lightweight, you'll think the name refers to gravity. We reengineered Zeros® with a sleeker, more aerodynamic sculpt that maps better to cranial contours. All three lens/frame configurations include larger Unobtainium® earsocks to enhance comfort and grip. The low-profile nosepiece and open-edge lenses unlock your range of view. POLARIC ELLIPSOID™ lens geometry maintains peripheral clarity when the world blasts by in a high-velocity blur.

B T   [Jun 05, 2007]
Strength:

great product absolutely the best...I like the older style they dont sell anymore. They dont have the gold irridium lenses any longer. IF anyone has a pair of the style before they got larger with gold irridium lenses Ill buy them from you must be in good shape budtaylorus@yahoo.com

Bryant   Weekend Warrior [Jun 26, 2006]
Strength:

Very light. Good fit close to the face. Comes with 2 sets of nosepieces.

Nothing major.

I love these glasses. I have the newer ones with the "shield" lenses and haven't had any cracking issues like others have mentioned. They're also the Ducati edition so they're a little more pricey than normal.

There's a good amount of flex in them to fit heads of all shapes. They tend to come down the nose a little bit under heavy sweat though. Since they sit close to the face (using the smaller nosepieces), the inside of the lens can get rather oily too.

Like most iridium, mirrorized lenses, they can scratch if not properly taken care of. I baby mine and they live in the bag that came with them if I'm not wearing them. I've moved on to Specialized Arcs for most riding since they're a litte more versatile. The Zeros come out for open trail and road riding where I know I won't end up under trees or shade.

Lance wore a pair of Zeros for the solo time trial in his last Tour!

Similar Products Used: Oakley Splice, Oakley M Frames, Oakley Half Jackets, Specialized Arc
ralf gard   [Aug 07, 2001]
Strength:

Excellent lenses!
Enhance contrast (grass looks greener).
Very light (other sunglasses hurt my ears +3h rides)

Delicate, you have to handle them with care
Expensive

One of the best sunglasses around, for cycling that is, they are probably too delicate for casual wear.
Unlike other reviewers i never broke or scratched these lenses but i do admit i'll always handle them with care.
I prefer the gold iridium lenses.

Similar Products Used: Oakley full metal jacket
Chris   Cross Country Rider [Jun 25, 2001]
Strength:

Lightweight, typical Oakley Clarity, very Comfortable, and eyelashes don't hit the lens

Too light- not very durable, earpieces are glued to the lens so alignment may be a problem, and glasses may sit off-kilter to your head

These are advertised as the Golf zero. I enjoyed the non coated lens, just dark enough to ride with in full sun, but light enough that I could leave them on till dusk. Clarity is excellent as with most Oakley products. However, the earpieces are glued to the lens itself, with no supporting plastic in-between, and they were not level with each other, so the glasses were crooked on my face. Yes, my ears are level. I heard they weren't the most durable product, but I though that wearing them only on the road would be OK. No. The lenses are cracked, despite all my care and attention. I have one pair of sunglasses that I have worn daily for five years, so yes, I know how to take care of my things. Bottom line- these are not durable enough- for anything. If you must have Oakleys, I would reccomend spending the extra twenty to thirty and getting a pair with a full frame to support the lens. Not only will they be more durable, but with some models you will be able to exchange lenses.

Similar Products Used: Oakley M frames from years ago, Revo, and copies
brew   Weekend Warrior [Jan 11, 2000]
Strength:

wicked strong
wicked light
comfortable

great glasses: super comfortable super light
great lenses

Similar Products Used: fives
tens
me   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 09, 2000]
Strength:

Light
INDESTRUCTABLE
Look good

become loose after a while

Great glasses for anything except mtbing. don't offer much protection and fall off easily. Got both the old and New Zeros. Old ones look better, but the New fit and feel better.

Similar Products Used: Many oakleys
Eric   Weekend Warrior [Nov 25, 2000]
Strength:

They offer superb lens clarity, typical of Oakley. I have to admit, they are extremely light. They are good for casual wear.

Their weight is their weakness. They bent and flexed way to much and I was so nervous that I would break them. All of my friends who have tried them don't like them either.

The shades look cool and are damn light, but are too weak for Mountain biking, especially free-riding. Great off the bike, though. I bought a pair of Romeos and they work so much better.

Similar Products Used: Oakley Romeo, Minutes, Eye Jackets, Smith Mainlines
Bryan   [Sep 08, 2000]
Strength:

Extremley Light Weight, Fit's Snug around the ears and are comfortable.

Lenses Scratch Easily, and frame can break if exposed to rough conditions.

Good for running or playing sports such as baseball. Definitly not a contact sport's choice. Go with these for all the Baseball players out there, but Bikers, go with a stronger frame.

Similar Products Used: Oakley E-Wires
Rich   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2000]
Strength:

Lightweight, good fit and have non-slip nosepieces.

Lens scratches and crack easily, the rubber earpieces will crack and tear over time, Oakley does not sell replacement lenses for the Zero.

Do not buy these glasses for mountain biking unless you want to waste $90 bucks. Crashing is part of mountain biking and these fragile glasses aren't up to the task. I just broke my second pair in half and have finally learned my lesson. There are several web sights with $20 fake Oakley Pro-M frames. I can go through four pairs of those and still have $10 bucks left over. I'd give it ZERO chilis if I could.