Oakley X Metal XX Eyewear

Explosive compounds are vaporized at 3600°F to produce the latest addition to the ranks of X Metal®. We matched the hammer earstems of Romeo® with the contours of Juliet™ and amplified the orbitals, enhancing coverage for larger facial sizes. Adaptable architecture and XYZ Optics® are defining features for the only 3-D sculptured, hypoallergenic, all-metal frames on earth. New options include Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) plating and a true 24-karat gold finish.

Michael   Weekend Warrior [Sep 30, 2002]
Strength:

The best for blocking out harmful rays, I work on the ocean, and these allow your eyes to feel great all day.

Their price. Oakley is making a pretty penny on these. But I guess the guys in R&D deserve it.

Oakley stands behind their glasses, I got mine scratched up and took it to a different Oakley outlet, they changed the lenses for me, and ended up giving me a new set of glasses for the price of the replacement lenses (70 bucks). There was a defect in the screw hole, which is why they gave me a new set.

Similar Products Used: Smith Toaster - w/ interchangeable lenses
Nick   [Oct 26, 2002]
Strength:

Great UV protection and no glare at all, gives you a really good outlook on the world.

Price (as always with oakley)

If you've got the cash spare they are the best. Great for larger faces because other glasses just look too small.

Kenny Hwa   Weekend Warrior [Aug 01, 2002]
Strength:

Cool look, an eye catcher.

none so far

The best larger fram shade so far(to me), if u have a "BIG" face u know how hard it's to find the right pair. :) This is THE ONE.

Similar Products Used: Nike
ty   Weekend Warrior [Oct 28, 2004]
Strength:

very strong and they look real cool

not a good wind breaker and if you had to buy them they realy eat up your wallet

get these if you got the cash they rock never try enything better except the okley thumps (there way better).iff you dont have the money stay away because they will send you to the street but if you do get as many as you want maybe even one for every day of the week (lol). Oh and you better keep a shot gun in your pack because someone is probably going to try and steal right off your face they are so awsome.

Similar Products Used: nike,juliet,ray bans,twenty,scar,off line 2.o,overthetop,penny,thump,straight jaket,
Chuck   Cross Country Rider [Jun 15, 2002]
Strength:

Will slip off my nose

Lens prone to scratches

Will stay in place while I'm biking. Lens are a bit dark when I'm going through the woods and it's cloudy. So now I use a pair of Nike Interchange Square shades and use the amber lenses. I save the Metal XX for stylin' after my bike ride:->

Similar Products Used: Oakley Straight Jacket, Killer Loop, RayBan Cateyes, Nike Interchange Square
guzzy 92fs   Weekend Warrior [Jul 31, 2004]
Strength:

Comfort
Field of vision
Polarization
Strenght
Materials
Hardcore frame

Size

This Oakleys are the bomb, with the fusion of the Romeo arms and Juliet Lens contour with Oakley unique solid construction this glasses are virtually undestructible also with ANSI test approved these glasses can been hit by an object up to 102MPH and the glasses will be there protecting your eyes like something that happends to me while biking.

Highly Recommended glasses.

Similar Products Used: Oakley Romeo, Oakley Juliet, VSO Goggles, Arnette.
Christian Samlowski   Downhiller [Jul 10, 2004]
Strength:

+ Great design
+ functional
+ excellent fit
+ quality of workmanship and materials used

- Metal arms can be painful for some people
- Somewhat heavy

For stylish sunglasses, there is only one brand name for me - Oakley. They have it all, from DH goggles to post-ride chilling out shades.

I have the X-metal TiO2 and 24k models. There's no way that I wear either of these on the trail, simply because they are so expensive and are not particularly suited for riding. I like to wear them for most non-biking related situations.

Another thing about Oakley - they have excellent customer service. I own a few pairs of Oakleys and when one of them breaks I can take them down to their service center and get them repaired or replaced (usually for a nominal charge). That makes the high initial expenditure for them seem worth the investment, IMHO.

If you buy these, you will like them. Go ahead and splurge. =)