Oakley X Metal Romeo Eyewear

Oakley X Metal Romeo Eyewear

X Metal® Romeo® is a revolutionary application of a new metallurgical process and a breakthrough in structural physics. A lightweight blend of superheated metals, the adjustable frame is engineered with flex couplers and interchangeable nosebombs for a dialed-in fit. The phenomenal strength-to-weight ratio and the clarity of XYZ Optics® are for those who demand uncompromising performance in eyewear.

[Dec 23, 2010]
PATRICK HALE

Strength:

THESE ARE THE MOST DURABLE OAKLEY SUNGLASSES I HAVE EVER OWNED. THEY PROVIDE EXCELLENT EYE PROTECTION FROM ALL UV LIGHT AND BLUE LIGHT. THEY DOUBLE AS SAFETY GLASSES FROM FLYING DEBRIS WHILE WORKING AND RIDING.

THEY ARE A LITTLE ON THE HEAVY SIDE AND BECAUSE THEY SIT CLOSE TO YOUR FACE THEY WILL TEND TO FOG UP SOMETIMES ON COOLER DAYS. THEY ALSO TEND TO HAVE SMALL HAIRLINE CRACKS ON THE LENSES AFTER REPEATED USE. THIS CAN BE RECTIFIED BY CHANGING THE RUBBER BUMPERS TO THE SMALLER SIZE. THE WEAKNESSES OF THESE SUNGLASSES ARE A SMALL COMPARED TO THE STRENGTHS.

BUY OAKLEY SUNGLASSES AND SUPPORT AMERICAN COMPANIES. BUY AMERICAN AND KEEP AMERICANS WORKING BEFORE THIS COUNTRY SINKS.

I HAVE A PAIR PF OAKLEY PENNY'S THAT ARE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE SAME CONSTRUCTION OF THE X-METAL ROMEO'S. I ALSO HAVE A PAIR OF E-WIRES,MONSTER DOGGLES,WHITE SCALPELS WITH BLACK IRIDIUM,BLACK OO POLARIZED SCALPELS,BLACK POLARIZED BOTTLE CAPS,BLACK TIGHTROPES,PEWTER WHISKERS WITH BLACK POLARIZED IRIDIUMS,GOLD WHISKERS WITH GOLD IRIDIUM LENSES,RETINA BURN CUSTOM JAWBONES, OIL RIGS AND A PAIR OF FLAK JACKETS.

[Jul 22, 2010]
steveswain

Strength:

Most people think they look great, comfortable enough when wearing them, dont fall off when I am sailing

I agree with the comments about cracking and scratching and sometimes scrape my head when putting them on. Impossible to wear under motorcycle helmet and since dark visors are illegal in UK have to make other arrangements. I have a rigid fabric case which is difficult to get them into with a head strap on and too bulky to carry around.

Love the glasses but they charge me 90 pounds sterling for new lenses in UK and I keep losing the nose pads, have glued the last set on.

Other makes oif sun glasses

[Feb 27, 2002]
Wayne

Strength:

Looks

Optics. No case. Weight. Fit.

I used to be a firm believer in Oakleys for their optics and fit. Who would consider spending $250 for sunglasses? For a brief unfortunate time I did. Although I like the looks of these glasses, I am so disappointed overall that I don't think I will be buying Oakleys again. First the optics, I have the gray lenses and have found the optics to be the worst of any Oakleys I have ever worn. With Oakleys, I expect to forget I am wearing a pair of sunglasses after about 5 minutes. These never seem to feel right. They don't seem to have the clarity of the other Oakleys I have worn (and I have worn Oakleys since they came out with the Factory Pilots). They are definitely too dark for mountain biking. Second, the fit is not what I would expect out of Oakleys. The little rubber pads are heavy on the nose, and the hinge pads don't have enough give to be comfortable on the temples. Finally, when I pay $250 for sunglasses I expect to get a better case than a sock.
Whatever you do, do not buy these for Mountain Biking. These are fashion glasses.

Oakley M frames. Smith Zipper.

[Feb 11, 2002]
Bones Bones
Downhiller

Strength:

Unbreackable, Solid, stick to your head in bad situations, cant even tell thery are on your head

size, they take up a lot of space

These shades were long overdue

all oakleys, and revos

[Jan 19, 2002]
Ri Sha

Strength:

Looks amazing totally unrivaled, indestructible and they even protect your eyes !!!

Maybe the price

These are the coolest and most expensive shades that oakley make these are the bomb !!!

oakley powder blue/black iridium minutes and oakley square wires blue iridium

[Jan 06, 2000]
Jamie Beilman

Strength:

What can I say..there Oakley pure and simple :) The look is sweet, although I've hadn't had a chance to try them out (Its winter) Im sure there gonna be as good as my Full Metal Jackets..if not better

The Price..$409Cdn !!! I paid $240 though..I know the people at the store :)

If you have the cash, buy these..you won't regret it!

Oakley Full Metal Jackets

[Jun 24, 2001]
Sander

Strength:

optical clarity, comfort, looks

price

I bought these glasses because they were the only ones which fitted right on my head, I literally tried all possible julbo, bollé, arnette, dragon, cébé and oakley sunnies before these. And ther are right, just the ones for me! I love the optical clarity, the way they make your eyes 'calm down' while wearing them, and the way they look is also stunning!

[May 26, 2000]
Mark

Strength:

Looks, comfort

Price, and Oakley's totally suck ass, dollar hungry service.

These shades (and not amny would disagree) look DAMN cool.
And they look damn cool on most anyone. $250 bucks cool? You have to decide! But Oakley won't replace the lens with one of a different color, only with the stock color, even when you are paying for it. You want a different color? They want you to buy a new $250 pair. For the money, Dragons kick the sh!t out of Oakley. I also just bought a pair of MCD shades, which are pretty damn cool.

Dragons,Gatorz

[Aug 03, 1999]
zeem
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

still intact after certain hard impact.

the price!!! not so feather light.

cool looking & out of this planet look.

oakley racing jacket.

[Jun 09, 2001]
Dave

Strength:

-sweet looking
-strong
-clear optics

-a little heavy, but you don't notice once they are on
-harder to put on than regular shades

These are nice shades. Expensive, perhaps, but you
get what you pay for. I will never wear plastic sunglasses again. Just in case Oakley stops making these, I am also buying Gold iridium, Emerald iridium, and Ruby Juliets.
Oakley customer service can be a problem sometimes, but
you will likely never need it with these.

frogskins, jackets