Oakley Straight Jacket Eyewear

Oakley Straight Jacket Eyewear

Logically offset geometry is wrapped and raked into a smooth curve of peripheral liberation. The wide-open vista is a benefit of XYZ Optics®, Oakley's patented geometry that maintains astounding clarity across your entire field of view. The result is a profile of protection and performance you'd be whacked not to love.

[Jun 04, 2009]
Gamite

Strength:

Good fit, medium/light weight, excellent clarity, polarized lens.

Fogs up, a tad too dark.

Not too heavy, fit very well, polarized lenses are incredibly sharp. I picked them mostly because they felt the most comfortable. More comfortable than half jackets. I found that the lenses fog up when I'm not moving, the glasses fit so well that there is hardly any air flow between my face and the frame. The lenses are very good, but I found on really shady trails, the lenses are a tad too dark. If you can find the fishing specific ones with 30% tint instead of the 15% tint that I have, I would go with those for XC riding. I got on trails with a lot of tree's, forested areas. They might be perfect for you if you have less trees.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, would have liked to have a lighter tint though.

Oakley Nanowire 2.0, Oakley Wire.

[Nov 24, 2008]
Mad Max

Strength:

Typical Oakley quality. Built like a tank. Ear socks and nosepiece assure a very firm fit. Like all sunglasses and goggles, you have to try various models until you find the fit that works for you but the Straight Jacket seems to meet the needs of a great many people.

Limited selection of colors for those who feel the need to be trendy. May not be sufficiently "sports performance" in appearance for the wannabees.

A high quality product at a fair and reasonable price. No other manufacturer touches Oakley for quality.

Other Oakleys, Smiths, and one unhappy Maui Jim

[Oct 02, 2005]
Eryk

Strength:

Fit, optical quality, looks

Poor construction quality - Oakley intalled prescription lenses, then the frame broke, then the temples broke. All was replaced for $15 each time - back in 2000.

Well, the fit and optics are perfect. Everything else sucks. Oakley will rip you off if your're looking for prescription lenses to be put in. Be prepared to pay full price for the frame with standard lenses, pay whole lot of $$$ for the prescription lenses - but don't expect Oakley to give you the old lenses back(or any money for them) its basically a theft. Customer Service is very bad - they don't know their own product, they lie if they don't know the information. Basically the product, breaks, the manufacturer does not stand behind their product. This applies to all of their overpriced, products. Stay away from this product unless you are willing to take very good care of the glasses you get, and do not have a problem spending the cash on a sub-par product. I've had problems on 3 out of 5 of their products, and they are getting worse each year with their custome service

Eyejackets (also broke), Trenchcoats (broke), Fours, Half Jackets,

[Jan 27, 2002]
Joni McGlade

Strength:

fit, weight, lens capibility

make me look faster that i can go!!

These glasses rule, they can be worn in the shade, and you can still see!! The red lense isn't just for show, they are far better than the dark ones, i even use them for skiing. I'm not sure about dh riders though, goggles are probebly better, but class for xc

wee cheapy glasses

[Jan 21, 2004]
Ghost
Downhiller

Strength:

- Oakley Quality
- Range Of Colours
- Range Of Lenses
- Very Light
- Strong
- Fit Very Well

- Price

Like most Oakley sunglasses, the Straight Jacket's are at the top of their area. Very well made, huge range of frame colours and lense tints depending on what you're doing/personal preference.

A slightly wider pair of sunglasses to say the Oakley Five and Oakley Minute and much better suited to a slightly wider face.

Like most Oakleys though, the Straight Jacket's are rather expensive. A new pair will set you back about $200 in Australia. I guess it's like anything though - you pay more, you get more.

Try them on before purchasing of course.

Oakley Pro M Frame

[May 07, 2003]
Andy Ramirez

Strength:

my lenses provide the best coverage from the sun. (fire)

N/A

these sunglasses are the best!

i have 2 other pairs of oakleys and i'm getting another and i refuse to wear anything other than oakleys

[Sep 29, 2005]
Roger

Strength:

Looks are everything. The only reason to buy these would be because you think they look good.

Beware. Oakley does not repair this style anymore. Durability and customer support are very poor. Polycarbonate lenses fog up easily.

I paid $400 for these because they are prescription. They fell off my bike seat and landed on some pine needles and one temple broke. No problem - I will just send them in for repair, right? Nope. Oakley wouldn't help me because they were prescription. The optical shop sent them in for me. Oakley had them for 8 weeks, could never give the optician the status, but eventually Oakley replaced the frames. I used them for a couple months and they broke again the same way. I took them back to the optical shop. They didn't want to send them in for me because they hate dealing with Oakley. I reminded them that Oakley wouldn't help me and they reluctantly started the process to return them to Oakley. Oakley gave them the run-around. First they said that I had to call, but the optician reminded them that I had been refused, so they finally authorized the return. After 8 weeks (again) the glasses were returned to the optician - this time unrepaired. There was a note that said they no longer repair this style. I purchased a used pair of frames on eBay to salvage my $400 set of lenses. Their service is so bad that I wasn't really angry. I just shook my head. I wasn't really surprised after the other poor experiences I've had with Oakley.

Serengeti, Maui Jim, Vuarnet.

[Apr 19, 2002]
enrique

Strength:

Great Fit! Outta this world optics! Lens clearer than naked eye! innovative and stylish design

Easy to Scratch, expensive

Oakley lenses are the reason why this product is expensive, and why you should purchase this. The clarity is incomparable, nothing comes close to its technology. Sunlight is blocked, but at the same time, your view is glare free and eye strain is completely eliminated.

nike, other designer shades...

[Apr 17, 2002]
Wayne
Downhiller

Strength:

They block out a lot of sunlight, you can see through them, great fit, comfy.

Black Irdium lens are a bit too dark for the UK.

Amazing glasses

Oakley Eyejackets, E wires, cheap crap.

[Apr 09, 2002]
Mark Goodwin

Strength:

Very strong frame and lenses, dark shades, fit perfectly, makes me look good

a little heavy (FMJ+ Ice Blue)

These glasses are the bomb!!!!

Oakley Straight Jacket Polished Aluminum