Oakley Pro M Frame Eyewear

Pro M Frame

We seared the optics of our proven M Frame® in an acid bath of design and performance. The extended Hammerfang™ earstems of this sculptural, hingeless frame are crafted for a secure fit. Four interchangeable lens shapes and a spectrum of tints let you hone adaptability to a molecule-fine point. The lightweight Plutonite® shield blocks all UV while POLARIC ELLIPSOID™ lens geometry protects you from the indignities of distortion. In the domain of athletics, generic accessory has now become vital equipment.

Jonathan Brazee   Weekend Warrior [Jul 05, 2002]
Strength:

Optics, durability, fit

Tend to get stolen.

I have bought 5 of these. Two were stolen in Thailand, one got swept away while whitewater rafting in Costa Rica (during a tumble in a Cat 5 rapids), and I just lost one. I keep coming back becasue they are, bar none, the best glasses for active people. I use them for everything from biking to volleyball to skiing, and they fit securely on my head while giveing me the optical protection I need. I've tried others, but none do the job for me.

James Whaley   Weekend Warrior [Feb 26, 2002]
Strength:

Fit good and have good optics. Really comfortable

Frames break when exposed to sunlight. I have Oakley Fives with the mat black plastic frame and they break right on the bridge of the nose in the same place every time. I am on my third pair of frames since November. They are prescription lenses so I can't just get a different frame. These are terrible sunglasses. I keep them in a Oakley vault case and handle them with kid gloves but everytime I go out for extende periods in the sun they crack.

Stay away from Oakley Fives. They are guaranteed to break when exposed to the sun for several hours.

Similar Products Used: I have some Costa Del Mar's that I have used for fishing for 10 years and they are still as good as new. I paid $100 for them.
Ghost   Downhiller [Jan 21, 2004]
Strength:

- Oakley Quality
- Range Of Lenses & Colours
- Nice And Light
- Fit Face Well
- Excellent Range Of View
- Great Protection

- Price

The Pro M Frame from Oakley has to be one of the most famous and widely used sports sunglasses on the planet. There is a very good reason for this: they work... very well.

If you're into XC riding or spending hours on the more gentle trails you can't go wrong with these glasses.

If you're into downhill or hucking, I suggest wearing goggles if you aren't already. Sunglasses will move around your face more than goggles, but they are also lighter and won't fog. A lot of it comes down to personal preference so it's always best to try before you buy (if possible).

As with most Oakley's, the Pro M Frames will hurt your wallet. A pair will suck about $230 out of your pocket in Australia, so know what you're doing.

Similar Products Used: Oakley Straight Jacket
Michael   Weekend Warrior [Nov 08, 2001]
Strength:

1) Relatively comfortable
2) Interchangeable lenses--big plus--get the vented (golf) style to avoid having them fog up when you slow down or stop.
3) Optics are very good
The interchangeable lenses capability is a very big plus. Get gray for sunny days, i.e. as regular sun glasses. Then, get amber/yellow for partly sunny or cloudy days. This makes a huge, beneficial difference in being able to see during the cloudy days. The amber/yellow lenses actually improve sight during those cloudy days.

These are not low maintenance glasses. They scratch easily and come with their own cleaning cloth--the carry case for the lenses--and the micro-cloths can be purchased at any store. But, if you want glasses to stuff into your pocket after the ride, these probably aren't the glasses you want.
Fogging after stopping was a big problem until I got the vented, golf, style.

Good comfort, great adaptability with interchangeable lenses (sold separately).
Get the vented glasses, if you sweat.
A moderately gentle approach needed for cleaning and storing.

Similar Products Used: None.
Randy Smart   Weekend Warrior [Sep 22, 2001]
Strength:

Available now in Rx prescriptions. Many lens colors. Blk Iridium, Persimmon, Ice, tons. Fairly light weight. Nice rubber nosepads keep them on your face. Look real nice. Different lens shapes. Block lots of wind.

Bulky, large case, hard to just carry around in your pocket.

Great. I highly recommend the different colors. There is a new Full Metal Chrome Red color that looks cool. Oakley.com

Similar Products Used: None realy. Carrera tried.
Darryl   Weekend Warrior [Dec 01, 2001]
Strength:

1)Optics.

1)Frame
2)"extremely over rated glasses"

I have had two pairs of Oakley's. I have been dissapointed with both of them. I admit that they look good and have good optic capabilities, but if they dont last at least six months, they are useless to me. I have purchased cheap $5.00 dollar smith & wesson glasses that are much more durable and dependable.
I went over other reviews by customers. My conclusion of their reviews are either they are "smoking crack" or they are on Oakley's pay roll.
You do not get what you pay for with Oakley's. Now I know why Sunglasshut broke their contract with Oakley.