Oakley C Wire Eyewear

When the sun's glare becomes too much, slip on the Oakley C Wire Sunglasses. Its simple design, smooth contours, and quality components make you wonder what you ever used before. The Plutonite lens with Iridium coating filters out 100 percent of all UV rays and balances light transmission so you can see the hottie across the street checking you out or the biker dude heading straight for you on the sidewalk. Otherwise, you hardly even notice this super-lightweight shades, and Oakley Three-Point f

eric   Weekend Warrior [Sep 09, 2006]
Strength:

Oakley quality and optics.

They don't last forever.

Why are ppl using these for cycling? Hmm let me use a multi-use bike on a hard single track with drop offs. Yes the bike will do it but not well and probably destroy the rims. Get it? Use them for what they are designed for.

Lewis   [Sep 13, 2002]
Strength:

Very Smart and strong since i keep on dropping them, the spring hinges work a treat when putting them on because it stops you from sticking the arm's in to your face.

They dont sit on the top of my head very well, they always slip down. You need a normal size head other wize the glasses look to small

Im gonna buy the X-metal Penny's with the polished frames. They look the Dog's Naggers.

Similar Products Used: X-Metal Juliet. They are too big for my head, they look stupid on me.
Adam Warren   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2003]
Strength:

Good looks.

Horrible glare, poor fit, lenses scratch easily, customer support is non existent. One week after buying these one of the lenses came out of the frame. Oakley would not replace it, they advised that I had to ship them back and wait 4 to 6 weeks for repair. I took them to a local optical store who fixed them for me. Used them for about 5 more months before finaly investing in a better set of Rudy Poject Freeon's. The Freeon's are 100 times better and were cheaper.

I would never buy an oakley product again; a complete waste of money.

Similar Products Used: Project Rudy Freeon
Lance Dumard   Downhiller [Mar 26, 2002]
Strength:

Look Good, Great Colour Variety, Clear Lenses

Brittle, Not very Durable

Great Shades if you've got the $$$$$

Similar Products Used: Smith, Arnette
Mr. Lumberg   Cross Country Rider [Dec 13, 2005]
Strength:

Looks.
Oakley name still impresses people (I'm still trying to figure out why.)
Hinge design.

Price.
Frame bends easily.
Lenses.

I'm too embarrassed to admit to how much I paid for these. I can't remember the last time I've ever been so far away from getting my hard-earned money's worth on a "high end" item. I decided to go ahead and take the plunge becase of what I'd heard about their lenses and customer service. I do in fact remember being happy with them for the first couple of weeks. Then I started to notice that the way the arms folded onto each other was putting a very noticeable bend in the frame, even though if they were not on my face they were in the pouch and inside of a not-included Oakley hard zipper case. It got to the point that they would sit at a slant across my face, and the twist would never come out once it set in.
The lenses aren't close to being all they're cracked up to be. They scratched easily, and after about 8 mos. the coatings on one of the lenses started to peel at the top. Never were they dropped, and I always kept them clean. When they finally got stolen, they were replaced with a pair of Ray-Bans, and I will never give any of my money to Oakley again. I had much better luck with the crappy $30 Fossils I bought these to replace. I wish there was a zero for value; I'll give a 2 overall 'cause they do look slick as hell.