Nike Interchange Round Eyewear

Interchange Round

• The unique lens interchange tab lets you customize your lens color without leaving smudges or fingerprints.
  • Nike Max Lens technology, developed in conjunction with SOLA Optics, delivers precision vision in all angles of view.
  • A ventilated nosebridge improves airflow to virtually eliminate lens fogging.

• User Reviews (12)

Andrew   [Jun 12, 2003]
    Strength:

Comfortable, fits my face well, interchangeable lenses of good quality, looks good.

Easily breakable frame. I keep it in the front pocket of my backpack, and one day I take it out and find that the frame broken near the hinge on both sides. (Similar to what another reviewer found for the square model.) I just ordered a replacement frame for $32. The warranty is stinks at just one year. It sometimes fogs up when I am going hard, but this happens with any glasses for me, so I don't expect any better.

Nice design except for weak frame. Very weak warranty. I took care of it nicely - no scratches or anything - but it still broke on me with normal use. I'm quite sure that Nike knows how weak the frame is and they should have included a hard case for protecting it rather than a fabric sack. I hated ordering and paying for a replacement frame, but it's cheaper than getting a new pair. I should have researched the warranty before buying, especially since it was expensive. I won't buy again except at a big discount.

Craig   Cross Country Rider [Jun 02, 2003]
    Strength:

Nice looking. Interchangeable lenses are great. Maxim rated these highly on looks and durability (shot BB at lens and frame).

Fogs up, but use some spit a la diving mask, or a defogger, and you're all set.

Great glasses, and you can find them for super cheap on eBay. You can order extra lenses for $20 US, so you don't have to worry about ruining your glasses if you scratch them. They have different colours too: yellow, clear, vermillion for pilots/golfers, etc.

I don't notice a problem with my periferal vision, that guy's probably got a huge head. :)

Definitely worth looking into. I'm pleased as punch.

PS: If you're keen on a different lens or frame, you can just buy another pair at Sunglasses hut, and return the lenses/frame you don't want. Some of the styles have a cool silver or green mirroring, if you're into that.

Similar Products Used: Nike Interchange Square. Returned these because they sat on my face funny, read my review on this site.
    Ben Seyfarth   Cross Country Rider [Oct 21, 2002]
    Strength:

Good trail definition, fit well, and changeable lenses allow for different conditions.

Expensive, and close fit hurts peripheral vision. I've only had trouble with them fogging when snowboarding.

I ride on the streets during the week and trails on weekends (went car-free two years ago). My biggest gripe with the glasses is that the frame cuts down my peripheral vision some, forcing me to turn around further to check blind spots than I would otherwise. Amber lenses are great for trails, working like ski goggles in flat light. Product recommendation suggests not wearing the lenses at night, but I've found they do a good job of keeping the wind from drying my contacts, so I wear them whenever I'm riding. Despite what others have posted, I've found the ventilation through the nosepiece keeps lenses from fogging in all but very cold (more because of the facemask, probably) or rainy or humid weather. At ~$100 they're more than I wanted to spend, and I was a little nervous about buying Nike glasses (sure they make great shoes, but glasses???). Have been pleasantly surprised. I rate 'em a 3 for the high cost, but overall a four for features, comfort, and usability.

Similar Products Used: Many - Oakley Full Metal Jackets (broke), Ray Ban Terminators (broke).
    Ryan D   Cross Country Rider [Nov 21, 2003]
    Strength:

Durable, lightweight, flexible, soft nose grip, protects full eye.

Fogs up when you stop.

I love these glasses. The reason they fog up is because they fit so tightly to the contours of your face. If you don't want them to fog up then don't stop. These things are not frail like some people say. I'm 200 pounds and I couldn't count how many times I've sat on mine and thought I'd surely crush them. Every time they've pulled out unscathed. They've also fallen off while riding and hit rocks, dirt, concrete...you name it. Each and every time they're fine. I just can't destroy them. I've definately got my money's worth so far. Five chili peppers from me!

Similar Products Used: Tried on Spy wear etc.
    Bert   Weekend Warrior [Sep 17, 2002]
    Strength:

Lightweight, interchangeable lenses, good fit

fogging when stopped, have to remove lenses to really get grime off

I like these glasses. I agree with some of the other reviewers that this product fogs up when you stop. I have a small face so it is hard to find glasses that will stay on, but these have no problem. I would recommend these to anyone who is just starting to bike, but what for a sale.

Similar Products Used: oakley
    David   Cross Country Rider [Sep 26, 2003]
    Strength:

Appearance, interchangeable lenses.

Flimsy frame (broke just putting them on). Fogs when stopping. Poor customer service.

Don't waste your money, even if it's a good deal. Nike should stick to tricky shoes and trickier commercials. Even casual use will break these frames.

Dan   Cross Country Rider [May 20, 2005]
    Strength:

Light, durable, quick lens change, and they don't slip.

They will fog up when you stop.

These glasses have been great for me.

They are extremely light and the nose piece is very comfortable. I have never had trouble with these slipping down my nose. They fit tightly, but do not pinch my head. I have dropped them countless times and they have held up very well. The lenses have gotten scratched from all of the drops, but I don't consider that a weakness of the glasses. I have even dropped my tailgate on them (they were on the bumper) and the only thing that happened was the lenses popped out without damaging the frame or lenses. I also haven't had a problem with sweat pooling in them like other full framed glasses. They also come with spare lenses. Mine came with orange that work well in low light (cloudy,dawn or dust) rides.

They will fog up when you stop like all other glasses I have tried, but clear up when you get some wind going again.

I used to wear the blades exclusively because there is no frame at the bottom to allow sweat to pool. The blades pinched my head though and I couldn't stand looking like an 80's "Bad Boy Club" member!!!

If you like lightweight, durable glasses at an acceptable (to me) price, these are for you. If you like heavy, fragile and overly expensive glasses, go elsewhere!!=D

Similar Products Used: oakley blades, 20's and Ray Ban wrapped arounds.
    Kiva   Cross Country Rider [Apr 29, 2002]
    Strength:

look good; interchangable lenses

flimsy crap; completely non-adustable; fog very easily

If i didn't get these for free, i'd be really ticked. First pair broke at the hinge. Second pair at some point got tweaked, as the left eyepiece was pushed against my face and the right one was pushed out. I took them into sunglass hut & a local optical store for adjustement - sunglass hut said "we don't adjust these - the frame is too light"...the local optical shop was a little more blunt: "these are crap; the frame is so flimsy i can't adjust it. If i heat it up, it'll melt."

the good part is that i was able to send them back for another pair with little problem. The replacement pair is also a bit crooked, but not nearly as bad. They fog up every time i'm sweaty and i stop moving.

Basically, i'm just putting up with them until i find something else. these are crap and i was told so by sunglass dealers....unless you get them for under $40, i'd avoid them...i'm rating them 1 chili for value, since most people are going to pay $75+, and i'll give 2 for overall, since they do look okay...still, they're crap...

jordan shiraki   Cross Country Rider [Apr 26, 2002]
    Strength:

Looks cool. Very little distortion. Interchangable lens. Amber lens are great for riding durring early morning or in the afternoon. They make it really easy to see the trails. Worth every penny!

It's really humid in hawaii so my sunglasses tend to fogs up when i'm riding hard. There is some distortion.

Great sunglasses and worth every penny! Excelent for any types of riding. Amber lens are my favorite cuz they really bring out the contrast when i'm riding. Way better than the minutes! 2 lens! Great buy! Go and get urself one.