Native Eyewear Low Ryder Eyewear

Low Ryder

The fastest selling Native style. And no wonder. All the high performance features of the Ryde in a leaner, low profile package. With the Low Ryder, you get the best of both worlds - world class performance and street smart style.

Available in 9 color variations. Interchangeable Temple Kit sold seperately.

Ronoldo   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2003]
Strength:

I love the fit, and the ventilation system keeps the lenses from fogging up. Plus, all their lenses are polarized -- a great feature for really sunny day riding.

But the greatest strength? I got 3 words for you: Warranty, Warranty, Warranty!

The lifetime warranty is for real! I have sent them back twice in the last 3 years: Once when I cracked a lens on a tree stump (my head also hit the stump, but nobody warranties it); and more recently, just because the lenses were scratched up. This last time, because they no longer offer my exact lens/frame color combo., they just let me pick a new pair.

You cannot get a better pair of riding glasses, and they are really for a lifetime! I'd recommend these to any type of rider, under any conditions.

Similar Products Used: I've had Oakleys, Bolles & Gargoyles.
Zack Singletrack   [Mar 04, 2002]
Strength:

Good looks.

Too wide, and much too low.

I got sucked in to buying these based on their cool looks in the Nashbar catalog photo. In reality, these sunglasses are useless for any type of cycling. They just plain fit too low on your face. They're great if you don't mind constantly looking over the tops of the frames, and they're good for use around the pool, but no good for riding anyplace but to the corner Seven Eleven!

Similar Products Used: Various
stone   Weekend Warrior [Nov 18, 2002]
Strength:

lightweight
flexible
optics
fit

lens size

These replace my Native Athelons, which were great glasses. My Natives didn't survive a recent crash so I sent them in for warranty replacement. Native sent the new pair right away. They didn't have Athelons, so I opted for the Low Ryders. The optics are great, the fit is good and they are comfortable with cushinol nose pads and the frame that goes over your ears. For my riding position, on my road bike, it would be nice if the frames were a little taller over the eyes and the lenses a little bigger, then I wouldn't have to lift my head as high to see into the distance. I haven't had the chance to ride down bumpy twisty singletrack with these yet to see how well they stick to my face, but based on the fit, I think they'll stick pretty well. Since my original Athelons were purchased on sale and these were replaced with a 15.00 fee I'll give it a five chile value rating. A four overall because I have to lift my head a little higher than I would like to.

Similar Products Used: native athelon
Bob S.   Cross Country Rider [Jul 23, 2002]
Strength:

Light weight, distortion free optics, confortable, don't fog up easily, nose pads stick to you very well.

While not as confortable as my Killer Loop glasses, they are comfortable enough for long rides, they do not fog up, and they look great! (Tiger eye frames and mirror brown lens) The nose pads stick to you well (as my Killer Loops slide down my face way too much on bumpy rides). Great product. P.S. I have the older models that are not polarized.

Similar Products Used: Killer loop
John   Cross Country Rider [May 03, 2002]
Strength:

Comfortable. Fit snugly, this keeps the wind buffeting down so your contact lens don’t dry out. They stay on your face no matter how much you sweat.

None.

I've logged over 4500 miles on the road using the low Ryder's and for the money I think they can't be beat. I've never bought $120+ glasses so I can't compare to those but these can be had for $50-60 (this year the MSRP jumped to $104.) A good set of glasses for a reasonable price.

Similar Products Used: Performance, Maui Jim
Munsell Randall   [Aug 28, 2002]
Strength:

Great pair of sunglasses - great price from Performance Bike. The Lifetime Warranty is for real. Have worn these everywhere and one day the temple broke (2 years later). Sent it back got a new pair right away. Can't beat that!

none - great pair of sunglasses

At $49 from Performance they were a steal. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that Peformance sells them anymore and the price is more!

Chris   Cross Country Rider [Apr 08, 2004]
Strength:

Very light and durable. The lenses have taken a fair amount of abuse so far and no scratches yet. Polarized performance at a good price.

A little wide for my pinhead but not bad.

Great sunglasses! I use these for everything (biking, skiing, fishing/boating, etc.) and have never been disappointed. Native has a lifetime warranty on the frames and lenses and I'm told their customer service is excellent, but I wouldn't know since I've never had a problem. Most performance eyewear companies charge an enormous amount of money for polarized lenses, but Native keeps the cost reasonable. All of the similar products mentioned I have either easily broken and got poor customer service, or the lenses scratched if you looked at them wrong (Oakley w/ iridium lenses). They aren't the flashiest sunglasses you can buy, but if you want attractive, solid performing sunglasses at a decent price, look at Native. I will be buying a new pair of Native Ripps soon.