Maui Jim Jims Typhoon 168-02 Eyewear

Maui Jim Jims Typhoon 168-02 Eyewear

Maui Jims Typhoon 168-02

[Mar 19, 2009]
Jacksnothere

Strength:

Had a pair for ten years, picked 'em up off my desk at work and ear piece literally just fell off. They died of old age, best pair of sunglasses I ever owned. Wore 'em almost every day. Currently shopping for another pair of MJ Typhoon.

None really

Poloarized lenses on these were the BEST!

Oakleys

[Mar 04, 2002]
Tim

Strength:

Excellent Optics.

Very fragile glass. Broke very easily, less than a month after purchasing them. They slipped from my coller on less than a 2 foot drop, the lenses broke. Customer Service tried to charge me more than the sunglasses were worth to fix them. Not good customer service

Don't get them. They do sport great optics, but they are not worth the price. They break very easily, and the customer service is poor.

sunclouds, Serengetti's

[Oct 31, 2002]
Jesse

Strength:

Seperior optics, good coverage, excellent polarization (even from behind), excellent temples w/spring hinges. Water shedding coating is awesome! Nice styling, even after 8 years on the market.

glass is heavier than polycarbonate. They can slip down a bit during vigorous activity (less so if you wear a tight Croakie). Some minor fogging in cold water / warmer air.

I've had my MJ Typhoons for 6 years!! I've done everything in them. Mostly I bought them for high performance sailing (fast dinghies). They have been superb in that application, although I think recent product developments have made for better products). I have never broken a lens, although they did get slightly damaged from some chemicals that got on them. I sent them back to MJ with a nice letter and a very rad picture of me sailing in them. They replaced my lenses for free!! Aloha to that my friend. They have also replaced (twice) my temples, which they do for free as a matter of policy. Listen - these are tough glasses with great optics backed by a superior company in my mind. I have three pairs of MJs because the company rocks. I wouldn't think twice if you can get them now for $100 (although I would check out the seller - MJ has authorized dealers).

Suncloud

[Apr 16, 2003]
Tim

Strength:

Great optics, and sturdy. My name sake above sounds like a clod

weight. they slip down my nose when biking but tight croaks do help.

Great glasses for after the ride.

Revo, Ray-Ban, Vuarnet, you name it I've owned it.

[Jan 25, 2001]
Daniel

Strength:

High quality producing a very good view
Polarization is excellant
Fit is tight and perfect for me
They look great

Heavy
Lenses are not interchangable

I actually use these glasses for sailing my lazer. I'm using the blueblockers for riding, but I'm looking for something better. I like my Typhoon's alot. I would buy them again, but since they are made of glass, they do get heavy. This is not a problem while sailing, but I would prefer lighter stuff for riding. These are the glasses you wear after your ride!

BlueBlockers, B&L

[Jun 07, 2005]
tyler Lufkin

Strength:

The lenses are pretty good, good polarized lenses

where do I start these glasses suck big time!!!!! I dropped them once big scratch...then while snowboarding they got ran over and totally fell apart ..

I would not buy these glasses, if you do not mountain bike or snowboard or you do not play any sports at all and just walk around and wear sunglasses then these are good for you. I have and 3 year old pair of Oakley fives that have been through hell and back and still are in one piece.

Oakley