Dragon Rake Eyewear

Rake

Weight reducing high grade material that is flexible and durable at all temperatures. Wrap around frame design eliminates maximum light penetration. Ventilated frame Brow to Prevent fogging. Double preload hinge construction provides increased durability, and reduced overall weight. Tri-point rubber diothane™ nose bridge and arm sleeves. Inter-changeable ventilated lenses. Designed to exceed state of the art ANSI industrial standards. Pull through (VCG®) eliminates lens distortion and increases optical clarity.

Chaz Knauft   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 2003]
Strength:

Vented Lenses, light weight, fit great, good price

look a bit like a bug

I just recently started looking for glasses to ride in, and look good in. Before i used Wal-Mart specials (I hate those things). I started looking around, i found these, and just fell in love with 'em. They fit great, and are a much better value than anything Oakley offers. I should go get them in the next few days.

Similar Products Used: Oakley
pm2   [Feb 06, 2002]
Strength:

Great opticts, and frames. Come in a rainbow of colors w/interchangable lenses (vented). You can special order non-vented lenses. Way cheaper than many others w/o sacrificing quality.

The lenses are tricky to change, but stay put once in place.

Rolex quality for Timex prices. I have a large face, and was worried about the fit, but they fit great. They're comfortable from the start, and have great optics. I ordered the Pro glasses which come w/clear, grey and scotch lenses for $30 more. They also include extra nose pieces.

Similar Products Used: Oakley's
Mark   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2002]
Strength:

Strong, no fog, great optics

None at all

The best MTB glasses on the market hands down. Light, fit like no other, and will barely fog on even the toughest, sweatiest climbs and will clear immediately. Compared to the Oakleys I'm used to using, these glasses are a dream. Can sweat gallons and these glasses won't move. Wide choice of lens replacements for around $20.00 each. Overall a tremendous value.

Similar Products Used: Name it
chris   Cross Country Rider [Jan 25, 2002]
Strength:

Soft rubber that mounts on you pritty face! Probobly can stop buck shot to the lense.

Uh, their arn't any

Nothing can beat a nice pair of good looking shades. they beat the price of Oaklies, and better qualitie than Arnet. It's made for the motorcyclest and bicyclists.

Similar Products Used: Dragon Box, Trap
Andy Forbes   [Jul 01, 2002]
Strength:

Very durable, hold well, almost never fog.

You do tend to look a bit like a bug, but I can live with that.

They are great glasses for biking and for the money. You really have to be steaming on a hot day to get even a slight bit of fog. I've never smacked them really hard, but they have fallen off on rides(while taking them off to wipe sweat, not because they slipped off) and hit the ground with no scratches to show for it. They will hug your face and not move while being very comfortable too.

Similar Products Used: Nothing comparable
Santiago Logan   Cross Country Rider [Apr 06, 2004]
Strength:

Lens are clear and wrap well. They are comfortable and stick to my face like an alien. They are sturdy.

Rubber is cracking and coming off. They fog when cross-country skiing. Only once have they fogged while biking. I have dropped, kicked and stepped on these sunglasses. Some of the silver paint has worn off to reveal the true black color of the frame.

The rubber nose pieces and the frame rubber around the ears are coming off. Three years of brutal service earns a rating of four. For a hundred dollars they could have lasted longer. These are the 2001 model, if there is a difference. If you are on a tight budget, find a cheap pair and they fit you well buy these sunglasses! These seem to fit medium or larger faces well. Try them on before you order them. If you are not on a tight budget I recommend Oakley. Other Dragons to try are the Box, Twin and Ranger.

Similar Products Used: Oakley, Native, Arnette and Walmart brands
Sean Henry   Weekend Warrior [Jan 05, 2002]
Strength:

Durable frame, great warranty

Cheap looking

Great set of shades for the money. The vented lenses work great and have taken several rock hits. Not a big fan of how the lenses swap out but I'll deal with them for such a great product! If you've never tried Dragon check your local shop and pick up a pair.

Similar Products Used: Oakley wires
Matt Hoffman   Downhiller [Sep 10, 2002]
Strength:

These shades rock, They are INVINSIBLE, They've been dropped, run over, crushed you name it, THEY ROCK, WEll done Dragon(Hint, Hint, Dragon I hope your listening....)

None, These Shades are THA' BOMB(Do people still say that?)

These "Shades of sobriety" Can do it all, And I mean everything:420....Peace

Ryan   Weekend Warrior [Apr 20, 2004]
Strength:

Definitely won't fall off of your dome.

Cracked/then broken

I did some searching and read the reviews. Got the Rake with the High-Octane and Pro-pac which came with orange/clear/scotch lenses. The orange rubber with grey frame looks pretty goofy. They definitely won't fall off but they fog just like any other product out there. I just push them down my nose till we get moving again. Changing lenses is a bit of a chore. They give you a crappy bag to put your lenses in. Mine live in the glovebox- pulled them out and found that a clear lens had slipped into a scotch lens pocket and the two scratched each other. I hadn't even worn these lenses yet. I noticed a crack in the right hinge area a month ago, a bit later I opened them to wear and the earpiece just fell off. I sent them second day air to CA over 3 weeks ago along with a request for purchase of the dark lenses. I haven't heard anything yet. Anybody home? Hellooo?

Similar Products Used: Snap-on safety glasses
Ben   Cross Country Rider [Jul 20, 2005]
Strength:

Look pretty nice, I got the pro pack, so the lens selection was nice.

Not very durable. Not too crazy about the lens tints. Not that cheap when you have to spend $8 plus shipping everytime they break.

I have to ride to work in the dark, and come home in bright daylight, so I thought having clear and tinted lenses would be great. A couple of weeks after buying these last fall I noticed the frame was cracked right along the lens. Not really a big deal, the lens still stayed in. Then the temple snaped in half. No accident, didn't step on them. Just pulled them out of the little microfiber bag one morning and the temple was split in twain. So I sent them back to dragon. Around about a month later I got my replacement pair. Nice quick service huh?

All was well for a few more months of daily use. Until the hinge broke. Again, no real abuse other than daily wear. Didn't get stepped on, crashed or anything. So in less than a year, I've had to have them replaced twice. I've had Oaklies that have lasted me multiple years with no problems other than replacing the rubber ear pieces. To top it off, this time I got deliver confimation, so I know dragon recieved my broken pair three weeks ago. And I have yet to get a replacement pair back. My only guess is that their warranty replacement department is absolutly flooded with defective eyewear.

I've got a friend with the same glasses, he's also had them replaced once, and they're cracked again. So it's not just me.

Sure they're a little cheaper than other brands, but I guess you get what you pay for.