Briko Racing Zen Eyewear

Briko Racing Zen

Anton   cross-country rider [Sep 17, 1998]

The lenses are really good. Unfortunately I wear Rx glasses so I got the Rx inserts for these. Complete crap ! They ruined the glasses. The inserts are so close to your eyes that your eyelashes rub against them, and the angle of the inserts are not parallel to your eyes so your vision gets all twisted. If you wear prescription glasses, forget about these. By themselves I would give them a 4, with the prescription insterts that rating falls off the scale, a big fat ZERO !

Shane Pearce   cross-country rider [Mar 16, 1998]

I have owned three pairs of stingers a pair of shot's and a pair of zens. I agree that the warenty on Briko's lack compared to oakley's (which I also
have a pair of) but they are still sweet glasses. Being an avid cross country
skiier and a mountain biker, I have found Briko to be the best glasses for
the money.

Rod   weekend warrior [Mar 24, 1998]

Does anybody have any experience with the prescription insert for the Briko Zen? It fits inside the outer frame and allows you to interchange the outer lenses. The one downside I've heard is due to the wrap-around style of the glasses, your eyelashes can brush against the inside prescription lens. Your comments would be appreciated.

barbie   downhiller [Oct 23, 1997]

what is this product? no wonder it only has one review so far. It can't be very good if no one wants to review it! what shit!

Paul   [Oct 21, 2000]
Strength:

Great lenses - you can look at the sun.
Take Rx inserts.

Hard to change lenses.
Look like insect eyes.

These are great glasses if you need Rx inserts - most cool looking glasses won't take Rx, or cost a fortune (like Oakley - the Rx is in the lens so you can't change lenses). The Zen takes a bit of practise - you put in the Rx insert and rotate it downwards to lock.

People forget that if you have an Rx you can't just take the glasses off when it gets dark - you have to change the lens.

The Zen has great periferal coverage, keeps out the wind and doesn't fog. Their lenses really are good - even direct sun doesn't cause flare.

I have 2 sets of lenses - one a light pink color (80% transmission) for when it gets dark. I have been caught by dark sometimes - then you can pop out the lenses and leave the Rx frames in. Might look stupid but you gotta get home ...

I clean the Rx with cleaner, but wash the Zen lenses under running water and they've never scratched.
They are not cheap - but in line with other high end glasses.

Similar Products Used: Performance Radials, Bolle Breakaway
Stewart   Racer [Oct 24, 1999]
Strength:

Zens are the best glasses i have ever used ... the waranty is great every year i break the frames and send it in and get a new piar

finish chips

They are the best

Similar Products Used: oakley,smith
rudy project, briko Raider stinger shot
jackson   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 10, 1999]
Strength:

Great for any outdoor activity- skiing, mountain and road biking. triathlons, rock climbing and even on my motorcycle. They stay snug and give me great side to side views.

THEY'RE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS. Can't get a hold of them, can't find a phone number or an address. What the F--- is up with you people. I love your glasses but I'm going back to Oakley because WHEN they break(not IF), Oakley is ALWAYS there for their customers. GET A CLUE DUMB ASSES AT BRIKO, WE WANT OUR GLASSES FIXED OR REPLACED INSTEAD OF MAKING US BUY ANOTHER PAIR OF $130.00 GASSES.

If Briko would take care of their customers and make themseves available to us, I would recommend Briko for any outdoor person. But with all the hassles you have to go through to get something fixed, they're not worth the money or the effort. Buy Oakley's

Similar Products Used: Oakley, Killer Loop, Smith
Scott   Weekend Warrior [Jun 27, 1999]
Strength:

Comfortable; stay on well in softball; fairly decent periphial view

Not that well made; lenses are harder to get back in than they should be

I like my pair of Zens, but I'm on my second pair since the finish started pealing off the frame early into my first pair. My current pair is better, but there is still some finish chips. The view out of the glasses is good, but they aren't as comfortable as my old Killer Loops. Of course the KLs couldn't stay on well in softball. I get a lot of looks at these because no one is very familiar with Briko. I like these, but I'm thinking of going back to Oakley on my next pair. The Oakleys I bought in 1993 were very uncomfortable (not for sports so much as driving), so I took them back. The newer ones seem better. Other than the finish, however, there isn't anything wrong with these, so I'm giving them a four banger.

Similar Products Used: Oakleys; Killer Loops; B&Ls; a dozen other pairs
Chris   Racer [May 23, 1999]
Strength:

I am a cross country skier and that is waht the glasses are made for. buy the strap and they wont fall off your face when double poling. Good style (wins extra points because Bjorn Deahlie used them;) better than the zens are the new raiders, they are simply the best glasses for cross country skiers around

fog too easily, the new raiders have corrected this problem

great glasses but the new raider extremes are even better (espeacially since bjorn deahlie uses them)

Similar Products Used: oakley m frames, briko shots, briko raiders, oakely eyejackets oakley straight jackets briko stingers
eboos   racer [Oct 04, 1998]

Personaly, I think they are ugly, but since my Oakleys had an unfortunate encounter with an ass, I had to get a new pair of riding glasses. I was suprised to see that a LBS in Chile accually had them for about $20.00 less then mailorder, so I bought them. I noticed a significant improvement in wind protection. I started to like them immediatly.One of the things that I had to do is slightly close the earpieces so they would fit closer to my face. After that, they worked perfectly with the exception of some rare fog up.Minus one for uglyness and fog up.