Briko Enduro Pro Eyewear

• Protective case

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 31, 2011]
    Rockenreno

Strength:

Lightweight.

Hard to change lenses. Lenses delaminate. Nose clips break easily. Poor overall build quality.

I bought these sunglasses in the hopes of having a nice pair to wear while riding my road bike. They were great for the first few months: no fogging, good fit, lightweight. Then the nosepiece broke for no apparent reason. I emailed Briko to ask if I could get a new one. No reply.
    I quickly gave up and moved on to the second nosepiece included with the glasses. It is a little larger and not quite as comfortable but I can make due. Shortly thereafter, the second nosepiece broke. I superglued it back together. Next the lens coating started to wear off. It's only aesthetic, but I haven't even owned these a year and take good care of them. Since then the glasses have begun fogging and I've had to superglue the nose piece again. I would not recommend these.

OVERALL
    [Sep 03, 2009]
    cspike

Strength:

Great eye coverage, two lenses, adjustable nose bridge, good air flow, easy lens replacement, light weight, they look good (although not as cool as the Jawbones), and very secure fit. The work fit with my giro helmets (ionos and athlon) without any issues.

I would have said the lack of a hard case to protect the lenses, but the retail version of the glasses does come with a hard case. The arms can rub the lenses when they are folded up and placed into the soft case. That is my only complaint, so I am hoping the hard case will help eliminate this issue during storage. I would like a mirrored lens option, but their dark lenses work just fine.

These glasses aren't readily available in the US; I believe they just re-established a US distributor. I got my first pair on ebay and was just recently looking to get some new cycling glasses. I purchased the Oakley Jawbone model with Transitions lens. The Jawbones were great in every way except how they fit 'me' with a helmet on. Without the helmet, they fit nice and snug. I tried on my Brikos with a helmet to compare, and it was easy to decide to sell the Jawbones and search for the Brikos online. They are called the Endure Pro Duo and Solo now, but they are the same glasses. I highly recommend these glasses if you can find them. This is my fourth pair of Brikos in general.