Bolle Edge II glasses Eyewear

Bolle Edge II glasses

Tom Thompson   Weekend Warrior [Jun 06, 2007]
Strength:

Great price, interchangeable lenses, good facial coverage (as fashionable as a welder's face shiled), fair quality

Fair quality, French product (Buy Performance), pretty ugly

Buy Performance.

Similar Products Used: Oakley M-Frame with prescriptive insert, Performance Procyon with prescriptive insert
mad cyclist   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2000]
Strength:

Adjustablilty, loads of lenses, fit, availability and cheapness of parts compared to other quality makes!
Coverage of the face

Unlike the Bolle Edge and microedge It's only compatible with edge 2 lenses, the others are interchangeable.
Its price these days, although I guess you pay for quality!

I got these Bolles in the late 80's before the present UK importer. Although the frame colour is a bit dated (grafitti 3' s) I still wear them and still prefer them over my Bolle Microedge/Edges.
My most valued lens is the clear lens which is fab in everything except really bright sunlight.
The other lens I'd go for is a tinted lens. I prefer a plain brown lens which isn't too dark.
I find the lens coverage is just right for me, and although it's not the best styling off the bike, the microedge's better, I still think it's the better system of the two.

Similar Products Used: Prospec interchangable lens system, Cateye, Bolle Edge/Microedge
Kathy   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2000]
Strength:

Functional, durable, comfortable

Brow pad didn't do anything for me

I've forgotten how long I've owned these. Five, six, seven years at least. I have dark blue, yellow and clear lenses and the prescription insert. With these lenses, I have the right thing for any conditions. I had to replace the prescription insert this year because the rubber nosepiece began to disintegrate. I really like the large, one-piece lens. With contact lenses in, I have an unobstructed field of vision. The view isn't quite as good with the prescription insert, but about the same as regular glasses. The modular system is great. I didn't really like the brow pad and so took it off. I can use the same glasses with or without my contact lenses. I just switch the nosepiece. If I lost this pair, I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat.

Similar Products Used: cheap sunglasses
Scott L   Cross-Country Rider [May 21, 1999]
Strength:

High quality materials, very scratch resistant lenses. Great lens selection and variety. Easy to find for about half the MSRP.

With the RX system in they are a little heavy. Optics not as good as Oakley (but higher quality frames!)

Hard to find a better deal, especially if you wear RX lenses. More durable than my Oakley's but not quite as good with the optics. Lenses are more scratch resistant. Good product for the money. Five big New Mexico Chiles!

Similar Products Used: Oakley M frames
Indian Joe   Downhiller [May 21, 1999]
Strength:

STRONG FRAMES, INEXPENSIVE, LOTS OF LENS OPTIONS, EXCELLENT WIND AND SUN PROTECTION, VERY ADJUSTABLE, CABLE TEMPLES KEEP THEM ON YOUR FACE

DONT HAVE THE COOL FACTOR OAKLEY'S HAVE

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT JOHN BELOW (JAN 27,99) EVER USED THESE. THEY HAVE SUBSTANTIAL MORE WIND AND SUN PROTECTION THAN OAKLEY M's DO. OAKLEYS DO HAVE LESS DISTORTION, BUT A THREE TIMES THE PRICE YOU EXPECT THEM TO. FOR MY MONEY THESE HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE FOUND (BRIKO's ARE RIGHT UP THERE) FIVE DEAD COWBOYS

Similar Products Used: SMITH, BRIKO
Gwapo   Racer [Apr 22, 1999]
Strength:

Very confortable and light.

I have the RX insert on them, and like them very much. My only problem with this glasses that they fog up with the brow pad on them.

Similar Products Used: Oakley & Briko
John   weekend warrior [Jan 27, 1999]

these glasses are pathetic they keep on breaking. Never buy Bolle. The broke just putting them on. never buy bolle. they stink. Oakley's rock. M Frames are awesome weigh less and protect your eyes from wind and sun better.

Cleo   weekend warrior [Jan 23, 1999]

I have had these for almost four years now. They are not a big name and don't have a big price but they are great sunglasses. I still use the original lenses and they only have a few scratchs on them. This says alot as we ride through a lot of underbrush in this part of the country. They make about a dozen different lenses for this model, so you have lots of choices. The frames are very strong and comfortable. I will stick with these until they break.....not likely. If they do break I would buy another set as I haven't found anything else as good for anywhere near the price.

Nick   cross-country rider [Jan 09, 1999]

These sunglasses are G-R-E-A-T!! I am not sure whey the are not more popular in other places. Around here this is what everybody rides with. Smiths and O's just don't cut it. These fit great, are indestructible, and are competitivly priced. Buy some and you will be happy you did!

Freddie G   cross-country rider [Dec 30, 1998]

I recently bought these based on the reviews here. I am very impressed. The are much better than my Smith Moab HP's which they replace. Better wind protection, the brow pad is a smart option, thicker lenses and all kinds of color options. I do not need the prescription insert but it is nice to know it is available. I really like the cable temples....no more sunglass slip!!