SixSixOne Sub Gear Armor and Pads

Sub Gear

runk and limbs from impacts with the SixSixOne Sub Gear Long-Sleeve Padded Shirt.

Varaxis   Weekend Warrior [Nov 17, 2011]
Strength:

Minimalist protection for side of shoulder
Excellent breathability

Hard to take off
Near useless chest protection

I got this as a lightweight alternative to my 661 Evo Pressure Suit for XC days, mainly for the shoulder armor. I already have elbow and forearm that I planned to pair with this.

I love taking risks and that typically involves a few tumbles, especially with high speed corners and tire washouts. In those tumbles, I didn't want to bash up my shoulder, and this has good enough padding to execute a roll on one side and simply get up and get back on the bike without bothered to check your injuries.

Awesome value and awesome product.

I just find it a pain in the ass to take off by myself. I take it off from the waist up and try to flip it inside out above my head, but the waist only goes up as far as the shoulder pads. From there, you need to stretch to reach it from above, with enough grip and force to get it to flip the shoulder pads too. I haven't yet found the trick... maybe I should try to pre-flip the shoulder pads...

OVERALL
wildwest   Weekend Warrior [Jul 24, 2011]
Strength:

Light, wicks well. decent protection.

Hard to get on & off. It's really tight.

I have the short sleeve subgear compression shirt. it's stupid tight. It wicks sweat well enough & dosn't stink. The shoulder pads will protect you good enough for most trail riding. I grazed a tree with mine & it didn't leave a mark. I also taken a couple of tumbles, that would have scratched my shoulder up, no marks. Once you get it on, you don't notice it. I wear mine for every ride now. It's not downhill tough but, it's plenty good for trail riding.

OVERALL