SixSixOne Race Knee Shin Guards Armor and Pads

Race Knee Shin Guards

Race Knee/Shin GuardThe Race knee/shin guard uses 661s unique X-fit designThat helps keepThe guard in place without bunching behindThe knee.TheTop ofThe vented neoprene liner is builtTo be as slim as possibleTo prevent catching onThe shorts.The hard caps have vent holes andThe EVA foam is ventedTo create aTough, yet ventilated knee/shin guard. Built in vented knee sock keeps guard in position High impact vented plastic Double lower & upper straps keep guard in placeThroughThe worst get

AndesJack   Weekend Warrior [Jul 11, 2011]
Strength:

Padding, quality materials, peace of mind

Stitching

I have been using these pads for close to 5 years now. I was reading reviews as I would like to buy a similar pair as these have served the purpose exceptionally well. I ride various terrain ranging from flowy hard packed single track to super loose rocky downhill/freeride trails. Have tested my limits and was helped out by these pads on more than many ocations. Never did they let me down. They've protected my knees and shins exactly the way I thought they would, taking the hit and absorning the shock thereof. a Couple of rides back the left knee top strap's stitching came loose and I did almost loose a nipple in the last La Parva ski resort crash, doing low flying over 4 feet boulders and chest connecting them as forst contact... but then there is no pads for those, any entrepreneurs out there thinking of a feasability study on MTB nipple protection? lol

Similar Products Used: Various MX/Moto Enduro knee braces by
Asterisk, EVS, Thor
jpg   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 2010]
Strength:

The best knee/shin pads i've worn. I ride flats and have taken too many pedals to the shin so I started wearing these. I would like something a bit smaller and I don't like slipping them on but they don't move they're not too hot in the summer and they've saved my knees and shins several times. I tried the Fox Shorty pads but the slip down every 5 minutes. I love these pads but they're worn any other suggestions, something that is easy to get on, doesn't slip, and is a bit smaller.

bit large for my and you have to take your shoes off to get them on.

best pads i've used

Similar Products Used: nothing nearly as good
tnevaneb   Cross Country Rider [Oct 06, 2009]
Strength:

Strong, Light, Breathes well, Very comfortable

Slips until you start to sweat, then it hold on like a glove. To fix the slipping I wet my knee and shin before I put them on and they hold put all ride long.

They fit great and protect well. I tested them with a hammer, when I hit them hard in the middle of my shin, all i felt was a VERY light pressure at the knee and ankle, AMAZING!
The slip until you start to sweat, so I just wet my legs before I put them on to get them to stick from the get go.
You feel the air flowing through the holes when you have your leg straight, but you will sweat alot under them, which makes them stay put.

Great shin guard that fits well all ride long. They fit so well that I use them on my road bike pedaling along with a cadence of 90-120, and they hold put the whole time. After a while, you will forget that you are wearing them at all.

Similar Products Used: None, first pair
jwood1157   Weekend Warrior [Mar 07, 2009]
Strength:

strong can take a hit stays in place pretty well the velcro is still in good shape no problem at all just the 661 logo is coming off a bit but it has been a year

NONE can sink after awhile but keeps the bugs away also can be put in the washing machine

great pads for bombing downhill or on the trail a lot cooler then the full wrap around ones and like i said above can take a hit wether from your pedals or from rock to root and i have had a few good get offs and they saved my a$$ many a time just bought the new white ones the other day

Similar Products Used: 661 4x4
SAVAGE-RIDER   Weekend Warrior [Dec 29, 2008]
Strength:

- Cool looks.
- Protects well.
- Durable straps.

-Slide down.

I got these for christmas from my mom because i needed a pair after my bike pedal attaked me and 3 weeks off my bike. Deciced to get the 2008 race shin pads. They look good, perform well and have great protection. The only thing i had a problem with was placement on my leg. I found that it had to be cranked tight to be in the specific place to protect my knee. After that while riding it hurts the back of your leg. Bottom line is..I'd buy these again. Maybe a different style or company.

Similar Products Used: None. First Shin Pad
Humboldt1   Downhiller [Oct 02, 2008]
Strength:

-Good impact protection
-Great shin coverage

-They slide down pretty bad after the first week.
-VERY POOR protecion above and below the knee.
-The seems tear on the top straps

At first I loved these, but then after a few good crashes, I realized that they did'nt provide ANY protection for above and below my knee, so now I have my left knee inflamed with bursitis!
They stayed in place for the first week pretty well, but after that, I had to pull them up every 5 minutes, and that did'nt help, since they slid down immediately after I fixed them.
So, Unless you have control of where on your knee your going to land, I would'nt recommend these.

Similar Products Used: THE Storm Knee/Shin
SixSixOne 4x4 Knee/shin
Lance   Downhiller [May 20, 2003]
Strength:

Ventilation, good padding, shin pads.

Thigh strap to keep knee pad on.

The sizing on these is totally off. I am 5'10" with long legs, luckily. The pads are for big guys. The shin pad goes all the way down to my shoe. This review is for the '03 race, by the way. The straps are better than the old ones. They really grab your lower legs and are snug. They can't slip down on me because they cover my whole shin. They are reeeeally big though. 661 just uses the same knee, shin pads and attaches smaller straps on for varying sizes- That's sounds lazy too me.

Someone with BIG legs would fit into these but then the straps would be too small. The knee strap is weird and doesn't do much help. Also I have small arms, the 661 small arm pads are HUGE also. I think the only people these would fit on is someone with long and slim legs. Good luck.

At least I only paid $25 bucks. 661 needs to really needs to actually make the pads themselves smaller or larger depending on the size. Work harder 661.

Similar Products Used: Knee skin
Mike   Weekend Warrior [Mar 24, 2006]
Strength:

Price, comfort.

**** RACE-LITE model ****
These don't seem to move around much, aren't too hot & do the job. Overall, I'm quite happy with them, even if they are for occasional use only.

Similar Products Used: Only some dodogy hire stuff.
Albertinho   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2007]
Strength:

Big, tough, look good, pretty comfortable to wear. Easy to mount on the top tube of the bike while climbing.

They slide a little down after some time. You must take off your shoe to mount them (no big deal though).

These are pretty good pads if you get ones that fit. Mine slide down a little bit after extended periods of use, but you can stop and pull them up in half a minute. They make you warm in cold weather, but aren't too uncomfortable to wear in hot weather even for a few hours either. They don't obstruct pedalling at all. I may even try and wear them all the time when winter comes. You might need them even when you're not on the downhill section...

Similar Products Used: My first pads.
STRUS _   Weekend Warrior [Feb 17, 2006]
Strength:

They are long and quite burly.

Slip down buttery fast, pretty hot.

i switched to these pads from the dainese pads, which were too short, didnt even reach half of the shin, plus the knee pad was the size of a nutshell, and the plastic was kinda thin. These done pretty much done the job on those issues; I'm 5'8 but I bought size Large, they are long and protect the whole leg, the plastic is pretty much hard duty, they do the job well, had plenty of hits and no injuries, but... they slip down like hell, even if I lock the middle strap, the knee part itself is starting to stick out, plus the knee strap is TERRIBLE, i have rather big legs and the strap is killing me, rubbing and doesnt feel comfortable at all.

I dunno about other you guys, but here in poland they're rather cheap so i suggest buying those if your on a budget, otherwise look 4 somethin' else.