SixSixOne Race Elbow Guards Armor and Pads

Race Elbow Guards

SixSixOne Race Elbow/Forearm: Comfortable perforated EVA foam & vented armor. Maximum protection.

Bob   Downhiller [Aug 03, 2010]
Strength:

Great fit, very comfortable.
Very light and resistant.

These will save your arms countless times in the futur and are well worth buying.

Similar Products Used: none
Albertinho   Cross Country Rider [Jul 09, 2007]
Strength:

They look good and the hard plastic shells protect well agains hits. They can easily be attached on the bike or on the waist bag belt when you ride uphill.

They tend to turn inward during skid falls. I bloodied my right elbow at the joint between the elbow and forearm pads at the same spot TWICE! However, had I not had these pads, my whole forearms would have been scraped so it's still 90% protection... Might even try duct taping them in place!
I also had to shorten the forearm straps to make them fit better.

If you fall on bare skin, you'll have at leas some scrapes and abrasions. If you wear pads, you might get away with no injuries whatsoever. Therefore I recommend a good set of pads to any off-road rider who does some technical sections and descents. You'll start to love them... They are worth their weight in gold. Actually even more, because they aren't that heavy at all! :) They are very easy to carry uphill and don't bother you at all!

Similar Products Used: These are my first pads. Might buy some that stay in place better.
Michael   Downhiller [Oct 15, 2003]
Strength:

super comfortable, stay put, breathable, great design

none really

these are the best elbow pads I have used. I have yet to see anything that comes close. i came across them at a local shop and they had the right size which were meduims. i am 6'3" and about 200lbs. and the meduims are perfect. make sure you get the right size.

rich gaspari   Racer [Sep 17, 2006]
Strength:

Good for impacts, looks good, good overall coverage of both forearm and elbow. Stays in place fairly well if straps are done up right.

As someone else mentioned, not so good for sliding - type injuries - the pads stayed in place, but I lost just as much skin as the previous time when I slid and wasn't wearing pads...

Good overall for impact stuff in the woods... not as good for racing bmx, 4x, or whatever as they don't protect well against sliding - type injuries.

Similar Products Used: Basic elbow-only pads
Lance L.   Downhiller [Apr 17, 2003]
Strength:

Ventilation, looks, would offer great protection.

Sizing is really off. They are HUUUUGE!

Bottom line is these are, or would be, great pads if they sized them right. I am 5'10" with kinda short arms but these eblow/forearm pads are ridiculous. You would have to be a body builder to fit in them. I ordered Medium(no small) and there are gigundo. Oh well, $20 down the drain. The only upside is I didn't pay a heap, so I'll be sure to get the smalls next time. I'm going to try Rockgardn. Honestly you have to be a pretty beefy guy to fit in these. I agree with the other reviewer. CAUTION: Only for those with Over the Top biceps! Quality pads but sizing is everything- sorry 661.

Similar Products Used: Fox 911 elbow pads<---horrible
Joel   Weekend Warrior [May 01, 2004]
Strength:

-lightweight
-breathable
-good forearm coverage
-seem pretty durable

-not as tough as "Roach" but for the price i dont care
-the forearm strap is looser than i want it...

If you order online you are only taking a risk. go try these out at a shop so you can pick the right size. i tried on a medium when i though i would need a large, but i didnt. these are good pads for the price. bottom line: make sure you try them on before you buy them

ugorico   Racer [May 01, 2004]
Strength:

Very breathable...Saved my bacon many times on high speed crashes on dirt jumps and rocks.

Forearm webbing tears from outer pad easily. Pads bunch up around your bicep when you crash and slide...velcro doesnt hold pad in place on NASTY crashes.

These pads have withstood hundreds of downhill rides but have slid up past my elbow on several crashes, giving me extensive road rash. These pads are worth the money, just make sure they fit tightly before you buy. Very durable and has survived many impacts w/ trees and rocks....They work great with direct impact but fail on slides and skids.

Similar Products Used: None
Anthony Scott   Weekend Warrior [Aug 09, 2005]
Strength:

very well made and look good too

a little tight at first

I felt compelled to put in my 2-bits regarding the complaints I've read about sizing. I don't understand how so many seem to be stating that they are rather "big" guys/gals, yet even the medium sized 661's are too loose or huge. Some even claim to be bigger in stature than the average skinny cross country racer! Man, I must be a giant 'cause the LARGE 661's are quite tight on me - by the way, I'm 5'11", 185lbs (no bulging biceps & no pudgy poundage getting in the way). I guess the really big guys/gals out there will have to do without. Heck, I was hopin' to find knee/elbow guards in XLrg (to no avail).
Indeed, as others have stated - try them on first.

Similar Products Used: evs knee/shin & elbow/forearm
Michael Staples   Downhiller [Apr 10, 2005]
Strength:

Relatively inexpensive

I have the same trouble other have reported with six six one protective gear -- fit.

I'm a pretty big guy. Ordered a large. "Large" to sixsixone must mean REALLY large. I have heard this about their pressure suit as well...and so probably won't buy one. But these elebow guards are pretty bad. Maybe if they fit, they might be better. But as it is now, they aren't much good.

Similar Products Used: None... but I'm going to try some others.
Paul   Weekend Warrior [Jan 13, 2004]
Strength:

cheap... stay in place well.

not very good coverage

they're cheap. They do stay in place well, but the elbow cup isn't very well curved so several times I've hit really hard right in between the elbow and forearm shells. That sucks. It hurts.. avice... save your money and get something better.

Similar Products Used: none