SixSixOne Evo Lite XC Elbow Armor and Pads

Evo Lite XC Elbow

SixSixOne 661 Evo Lite XC Elbow Guard: Comfortable, Flexible Elbow Protection with revolutionary. D3O is a soft material that gets very hard very fast on impact. It gives you the best of both worlds for cycling protection...

Varaxis   Weekend Warrior [Nov 17, 2011]
Strength:

Low profile
Light
Looks good

Slips down your arm
Expensive

I don't trust elbow guards the move so easily on the arm when strapped tight. Too expensive. I'll happily wear my Race Face Rally FRs, which were less than half the price, over these. I was just hoping to find something lighter weight and lower profile.

I was between M and Sm and went with small. The regular EVO elbow also had similar issues, but was worse with slipping down your arm.

Similar Products Used: Race Face Rally FR Elbow/Forearm
THE Industries Elbow/Forearm
celectronic shop   Weekend Warrior [Jun 02, 2011]
Strength:

Comfort

lack of durability, cheaply made, high price

I am a bike officer, on the bike 8 hours a day. I purchase the 661 Evo Lite XC elbow guards, the first day wearing the fabric ripped! and not even on a seam. I might expect this from a $20 pair of guards not a $100 pair, although i paid 75 on ebay. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! Extremely disappointed, thanks 661 for your ridiculously priced guards that could'nt even make it past 8 hours worth of riding.
Don't let 661 intrigue you with their videos demonstrating the D3o technology; what the hell is the point when the overall construction is complete garbage?

morrisgarages   Weekend Warrior [Feb 07, 2010]
Strength:

Light, easy to clean, unobtrusive

Pretty tight on where the straps are. Small adjustments on the velcro. 'spensive

Its better than wearing nothing. I crashed twice already and they held up pretty ok. It still hurts though but at least you don't scrape off any skin. It's light and cool too so you don't notice them too much. I just wished they gave a bit more adjustment on the straps. Wear them if you hate going home with scraped elbows.

Similar Products Used: Giant elbow/forearm pads
crossmax   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2009]
Strength:

Light weight, low profile, not too hot.

too tight at the forearm opening, expensive

These are better than wearing nothing. I got them for summer when the trail type I am riding needs some kind of pad but not much. I wanted something that was light and I could wear the whole ride if necessary. I only crashed once in them and they seemed to work as described. I mean for the size and the weight they are a nice alternative to not wearing anything.