Sette Impact Knee-Shin Armor and Pads

Sette Impact Knee-Shin Armor and Pads

Designed with rider comfort and safety in mind, the Sette Impact Knee/Shin Guards are constructed with high impact plastic outer shells, along with high density foam padding, to provide comfort with maximum protection. Wrap around mesh backing with large adjustable Velcro straps, positions the pad securely while providing superior ventilation. A two piece articulated design gives a rider unrestricted range of motion while providing protection.

[Nov 19, 2012]
Joel Boeckmann

Strength:

Decent materials used, Protect much of your leg.

Sizing is ridiculous, these run extremely large. To lump together 4 sizes in 2 seems to me, to be a major over site. (S/M & L/XL)

I bought these Sette Impact's in the L/XL size, as my 661's in a size large were a perfect fit for me (I am 5'11, with a stocky build). Boy was I wrong about the size, these were gynormous in every way. Really really long, but I guess protection all the way to the ankle and beyond could have been a good thing. The velcro straps are about 4" too long as well, and I found the mesh/webbing to be annoying and unnecessary. Traded them in for another pair of 661 Comps in size L, they fit me perfect, and I've never looked back.

661 Comp's

[Nov 12, 2012]
BSCR250
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Protective bits seem solid

Fit is terrible, they come in 2 sizes I bought the smallest one (S/M), and the straps are way too long. I'm 5'11 and have medium sized legs according to other pad manufacturers. All the straps are really stretchy and the pads slip out of position. Luckily they are long enough that they can't slip past my feet. I can double wrap the top strap around my leg, but that is a bit too tight. Also they don't flex much at the knee They are also not comfortable or easy to take on and off besides not having to remove the shoes. I like most of the Sette products I have bought but these suck. If you buy them get the S/M unless you have tree trunk legs.

I'm buying something else

Buying Rockgardnz LZ shorties

[Jun 24, 2010]
Uncle Six Pack

Strength:

good protection

not very comfortable, fit isn't great

These pads straps that are too long for a "medium" fit. They tend to ride down throughout the day, leaving the fit worse. On top of that, the straps behind the knee get uncomfortable after a few hours.

This would be a good product if you are on a serious budget or if you were only gonna wear them for like an hour at a time. Otherwise, there are definitely better products out there.

[Jun 08, 2009]
nynoobie

Strength:

Fit me well, comfortable, vent ok, stay in place, give enough clearance at ankle, cost

none yet, but its an early review

Im strapped for cash so I got these. I figured something is better than nothing when it comes to losing skin. I used these downhilling at the local ski mountain and had a couple spills with them.
While riding I never knew they were on
While crashing they stayed in place and did what they are supposed to- protect my @ss!
They got a little hot while standing still, but vented well when riding down the trails. For the money, a good investment. Now I just have to see how they hold up. Gonna give 4 hot turds for these.

[Dec 07, 2008]
highperboi

Strength:

protects your knee and shins

the back of knee net mesh strap is loose. the straps could have more velcro so that you can make tighter.

it works, feels comfortable, doesnt slip down, doesnt restrict leg movement. the behind leg strap kinda weak so i might just rip it off. overal i think its good investment to protect my self.