RockGardn Landing Zone Elbow-Forearm Armor and Pads

Landing Zone Elbow-Forearm

The 2011 Landing Zone™ Elbow/Forearm Guards feature aTwo-piece, articulating design for maximum protection along with a full range of motion. Ventilated plastic and perforated foamTo help keep you cool. "Set-and-forget" strap design. Available in S/M and L/XL sizes.Sizing (Circumference of fully flexed bicep): S/M: upTo 14" L/XL: 14.25" +

ryan1584   Weekend Warrior [Aug 06, 2010]
Strength:

Good protection, don't slip.

Somewhat hot, mesh looks like fishnet

These are good for me. They get sweaty/stinky after a few rides but do well in the wash. I have big arms so the bicep velocro is unnecessary. Fishnet is still hot and my friends get a kick out of teasing me.

Randy   Cross Country Rider [Aug 20, 2007]
Strength:

light - strong - ventilated

should have bought them sooner

just a great product that is light enough to wear XC / epic rides - i bought Rockgardn full jacket & knee/shin guards for my girlfriend and was so impressed that I bought myself the arm guards and shorty knee pads - i'm happy!

Similar Products Used: a couple types - don't remember brands - they were hotter and heavier
James   [Aug 24, 2007]
Strength:

Great protection, very comfortable, low profile, easy to adjust, not hot or bulky.

Velcro adjustment on bicep is essentially useless. Cross-straps can make sliding into these a little difficult, but conversley makes accidently coming out of them unlikely :D
Mine smell RANK after a few months riding... Time to wash!

These are a great pad for your elbows and forearm. They fit really well, have a good adjustment system to keep them snug, and they work quite well. The webbing is nice as it lets my arm breath. I highly recommend these to anyone in need of elbow/forearm protection.

sltmarc   Downhiller [Aug 07, 2007]
Strength:

hard plastic on forarms/elbows

x straping system, bicep velcro, uncomfortable

i have used these downhilling for about a week now. they are uncomfortable to wear. the X strapping system crosses right at the elbow which is annonying when riding. the bicep velcro is poorly thought out. they need some type of closure system at the wrist. the perforated spandex is really uncomfortably after a few runs. the one time i needed the protection they slipped up my forearm b/c of the lack of a wrist closure. overall a poor design, there are much better products out there, save your dough and get something better

thomer10   Cross Country Rider [Dec 11, 2004]
Strength:

light wieght, spandex fitting

These are great, there light, and they stay put....did a 15 mile single track and they never slipped out of place.... these are great....well worth the money

Similar Products Used: sixsixone 2x4
John   Cross Country Rider [Jul 09, 2006]
Strength:

These pads have a great system to hold them in place in which the elastic bands cross each other like an X. This works great and does not slip around. Not too hot and looks way better than the 661 gear my friends ride in.

The velcro that allows tightening around the bicep isn't really that usefull and could be improved - a minor nitpick

Very nice pads at a decent price and you won't look like everyone else.

I got these as part of the Flak Jacket which I haven't really used, but I use these all the time. I figured I might decide I want the Flak Jacket in the future and it was like I got elbow pads for free! :)