RockGardn Flak Jacket Armor and Pads

RockGardn Flak Jacket Armor and Pads

The new Flak Jacket is Rockgards most revolutionary design yet, and its all about options and aTailored fit.The design breaks downThe Flak Jacket intoTwo distinct component parts,The Flak Vest and Flak Base. The Flak Vest contains allThe coreTorso protection forThe chest, sides and back. Adjustable shoulder straps allow youTo positionThe back and chestTo your exact body shape. Available in 3 sizes, defined byThe length ofThe back protector, you can chooseThe 5, 6 or 7 segment sizesTo best sui

[Aug 23, 2010]
flyhigh
Downhiller

Strength:

Fit very well. High protection for the entire part of the body.

It's impressive the protection! For two times that I really needed the armor protected me!

[Jul 24, 2010]
Aaron
Downhiller

Strength:

good fit and well ventilated

the arm guards

I chose this jacket because it seems to offer some degree of rib protection and leatt compatability while others do not. I'm 5'10, 180 lbs and got the sm/md because I wanted a snug fit under a jersey without using the spine protector part, as I have the deuter attack pack with the spine shield. For me the fit is spot on, and is very comfortable while riding and well ventilated. The shoulder pads seem pretty good with decent coverage; a lot of other jackets seem to go kind of skimpy there. I liked the shoulder pads on my old 661 the best- they were huge and wrapped all the way around without sticking out to far, but the rest of that jacket sucked in every way, and the newer ones have dinky shoulder pads. Back to the flak- it fits me well with the spine shield too- it seems to stop rather short of the upper back, but this must be so the leatt brace can be worn without interfereance. There is ample clearance for it in the front as well. It's great that the arm guards come off so that you can throw them in the garbage. the pad itself seems okay, but the strapping is horrible. the little velcro at the bicep is useless, and the "X" style straps will NOT hold the pad secure in a crash- it will move around or end up at your armpit. Arm pads must have a POSITIVE CLOSURE AT THE WRIST to keep them in place. I use the race face rally pads- they don't EVER move, even when the straps get old and loose. And why all the meshy sleeve stuff? Overall a great jacket (2010 version) but I can't believe RG laid such an egg with the arm pads- they sure didn't evolve them with the rest of the product.

661 pressure suit

[Apr 01, 2009]
bcinlas4
Downhiller

Strength:

Does it's job.

Arm guard design is not the greatest. I wear the arms without the vest most of the time and they slide down all the time. Trying to put the jacket on w/ the arms velcroed on is not easy. The shoulder straps also do not stay in place well, some velcro here would help.

It has saved my ass many times. Well worth the $$$. Adds a huge bit of confidence and has pushed me over drops that I wouldn't have tried without it. Usually wear it over a wife beater because it itches in spots, but very well vented for what it is.

[Mar 06, 2009]
Bike9975

Strength:

Durable and Easy to take on and off. Fits amazing, I am a female mountain biker and the womens version of this flak jacket is awesome!

None that I can see yet.

As for being a female that hits the trails pretty hard and is usually taking a header into the trees, rocks, and whatever else I absolutly love this flak jacket. It breaths well, fits amazing, looks great, and is very durable.

The Six Six One Chest Protector, Hated it, I am a Female Mountain biker and the thing was crappy at best.

[Oct 17, 2008]
Waldi

Strength:

well ventilated, fits good, does not constrain movement, good coverage of vital areas, easy to put on and take off

adjustments with plastic loops instead of velcro

I was suprised how quickly I got used to wearing it,

[Jul 16, 2008]
liqwid
Downhiller

Strength:

Inexpensive, well padded, well ventilated, good coverage

I'd like to see some longer forearm coverage, shoulder pad adjustment straps come loose and need to be pulled tight from time to time, split chest protector kind of worries me but so far no problems, you have to wear something under it.

This is my first armor jacket. I've taken a couple of smaller spills, one of which was in a rock garden. Any time I've eaten it I barely felt anything so I know its doing its job. Its much cheaper than a Daniese but probably not as comfortable but just buy an UnderArmor sleeveless impact shirt and you won't even notice it. The padding feels like you can really wack yourself pretty good and still be fine.

[Jun 24, 2008]
WholesaleUgly

Strength:

Protection, Comfort, Price

None so far

I expected the 08 flack jacket to be much bulkier and stiff. Everything is very adjustable and flexable. Provides great protection and is comfortable, What else do you want?

[May 27, 2008]
ROB-BOB

Strength:

lots of protection, comfortable, elbow pads can be used by themselves

back slider seams to sit a little low on your back,
velcro on forearm guards are kind of useless

This protective suit has alot of protection for the price and is very versatile. After you get the straps set up you don't have to do much adjusting. I was also surprised that it is not very hot. I don't even notice wearing it while i am riding. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for extra protection.

[Jun 24, 2003]
David

Strength:

This jacket is pretty comfortable on the way down. Dont notice it while riding. It stays cool enough but gets a little toasty on really hot days. And it works like a charm. my rm7 fell on me when I bailed off of a skinny and it felt like a pillow landed on me. It also fits like a glove and doesnt restrict movement

I cant think of any

If you want armor that wont kill you in price this is it. I imagine that the dianese ones would be cooler, but for the price these work fantastically!! Go buy some and then go big!

none! I went straight to the best.

[May 24, 2003]
tattoos

Strength:

Great protection at a great price! Comfortable, and fits well. All seams face out; no scratchy itchy stuff inside. Great flexibility, and can bend over to pick stuff up while wearing easily. Well ventillated and cool. Makes you look BUFF when wearing.

Still can't do a superman seat grab while wearing it. Kind of embarrasing to wear around if you're just freeriding

I've had the Azonic, and used the Dainese, and I have to say that for the money, the RockGardn is the best. The fit is actually better than any armor I've ever worn. You *almost* forget your wearing armor, except that when you put the stuff on, you can feel your cajones swelling to the size of melons. Definitely a best buy!

Azonic Z5, Dainese