Roach Rally FR Arm Armor Armor and Pads

Rally FR Arm Armor

Roach's Rally FR line is a slightly lighter-weight, more flexible armor that is designed for freeriders who go up as well as down.

Paul   Weekend Warrior [Sep 26, 2006]
Strength:

Super Duper Comfy, strong!

stitchings coming off after 1 ride =(

great protection overall, the arms at first feel hot but once you get moving it's fine. very very comfy, no digging in of straps, I purchased this b/c of the reviews on this website. great stuff, now I feel more confident to do crazier XC rides. Yes I am XC rider w/ a little bit of FR cravings on a hardtail - but what can do you?

stitching is all I am worried about, I know RaceFace does a warrantee on it but still, a new product should fall apart.

Similar Products Used: skin
PN   [Sep 13, 2005]
Strength:

Shell, Fit, Fastening, Light-weight, and Range of Motion

I'm 6'0 200Lbs using the xlrg. A big thumbs up to other reviewers for helping out with my selection. The pads fit extremly well. They stay in place while riding or falling.

Similar Products Used: None
Patrick   Weekend Warrior [Oct 07, 2005]
Strength:

Super cozy fit, not so much tight as just anatomically correct. They feel like you're putting on a comfy orthopedic device, whereas the Fox and Specialized I tried felt like I was being assuaulted by flipped over velcro and/or plastic.

Warm enough to make my arms sweat after 20 minutes on the road at 65 degrees F. Upper portion may snag a bit on big short sleeved shirts.

Thoroughly well designed pads with no risk of slipping at all. And like another review, I got the Large size and I'm 6'2" with skinny arms, good fit. There is a reasonably tight lycra tube though so I wouldn't use this size with even remotely muscled arms. I've yet to crash, so time will tell how they do in that situation, but I'm not worried in the slightest.

Similar Products Used: Fox, Specialized, old rollerblade pads
Peter Rinaldi   Weekend Warrior [Aug 03, 2006]
Strength:

Leg Armor fits awesome-can't wait to use it

sizing from roach

I just ordered the rally FR package frome price point. 94 bucks for the arm and leg armor. I am 5'7 180 lbs and ordered the medium as per the sizing guide provided by roach. The leg armor fit perfect however the medium arm armor would not fit around the arm of one of the olsen twins-I will be exchanging for a large. My advice is to go a size up on the arm armor if you are of average build.

Similar Products Used: none
John   Downhiller [Jun 23, 2007]
Strength:

protect your arms

stretchy thing might hurt fat peoples arms

Good for crashes and sliding along rocks

Similar Products Used: none
Jeff   Weekend Warrior [Jan 01, 2005]
Strength:

Made by Roach, which to me means they are built well and to last. Right out of the bag they felt good. Don't bother me at all when riding.

I guess cost, but you get what you pay for.

Save your pennies for an extra month if you have to and get these, or any Roach pads. You will be happy.

Similar Products Used: I've used Roach leg pads for 2+ years now, but this is the first pair of arm pads I've owned. I didn't even consider other brands. My leg pads have held up awesome.
bobble   Downhiller [May 01, 2004]
Strength:

these are the beat pads ever execpt for one thing

they are super hot. I wore them for only 30 minutes and then my arm was soaked with sweat. it was somewhat hot though.

these are great pads if you are not riding in hot weather

David Caissy   Cross Country Rider [May 18, 2004]
Strength:

Light, not too hot, stay in place and they are really comfortable.

The middle strap is a little bit too short.

These are the kind of pads you put on and forget about them, even during hot and humid day! I have felt once on my right elbow and they did there job perfectly. Great product!

dave   Weekend Warrior [Aug 22, 2004]
Strength:

Great protection, very comfortable.

Tight fit. Even the XL is very tight, I can't do up the middle strap.

I really like these pads but Roach needs to get some realistic sizing. I've got large forearms, but they're not huge and the XL just barely fit. I can't do up the middle strap, but luckily these pads are made so well they don't need it.

Similar Products Used: 661
Steve   Weekend Warrior [Mar 12, 2004]
Strength:

The pads cover from elbow to wrist and stay in place extreemly well. They are also fairly cool considering how much area they cover

The center forarm straps (there are three total) feels very tight at first but in about five minutes the tension goes away as the pads form to your arms. Not really a weakeness, just give them a few minutes it's worth the wait as they are very comfortable.

I'm a guitarist and the last thing I want is an injured arm . I got these because they cover the arm from elbow to wrist as I mentioned earlier. The plastic shell is strong and the padding is medium thick and the linning is very comfortable. I did crash with these on (slamming my left elbow) and they didn't move at all and I didn't get hurt. Good job Roach! Comfortable pads that stay in place!