Roach Arm Guards Armor and Pads

Arm Guards

Roach Arm Guards

Toast   [Oct 02, 2001]
Strength:

Good quality

Really bad service

The bottom line is this never order direct from this company or even though your local bike store. They are slow! They charged my credit card before shipment (illeagal)in april and it is october and 1/2 the order is back ordered.

James McC   Weekend Warrior [Sep 11, 2000]
Strength:

Lifetime warantee on the workmanship, durable

Like everyone says they are warm, but that doesn't matter much in cool British Columbia. They even work great in the rain. I was out for about 4 hours last Saturday and they kept me warm and safe. Dual use!

There is no better armour. These are Canadian make for mountain bikers by mountain bikers that know the extreme stuff that we ride in Vancouver. Stop the pain and buy these soon. They are so comfortable you'll forget you are wearing them until you crash.

The best part of them is they they improve confidence about 2000 %.

Get out and ride!

Similar Products Used: Nothing for the arms except my flesh. Now I have these and my skin stays attached
Kelly   Weekend Warrior [Jan 08, 2000]
Strength:

Durable, doesn't scratch up (like 'hard' armour does), fits snug, fairly light

boils your arms in warm weather (well, maybe not, but they sure get sweaty), straps need more reinforcement)

Bought mine at my very first downhill race, after I had crashed (often) on the practice runs and the Roach booth was right there at the finish line (funny thing, eh?). Anyways, had them for a long time since, love them too much to try anything else, but damn, they get hot on a warm day (of course, downhill races don't last long enuf for U to notice). Plus, one of the straps started tearing a bit. Just enuf padding, look a bit like arm warmers (instead of insect carapace), and still look good after 2+ years of crashing on 'em. Really want to give them 5 stars, but hopefully Roach will settle for 4 until they make a better vented one.

Similar Products Used: not many others ('cept maybe lots of long sleeve jerseys and jackets)
Rogue 2   Weekend Warrior [Jan 07, 2000]
Strength:

Tough and DURABLE!

Too snug around bicep causes pad to slide down a bit.

Strap on courage my friend! Is there a burly drop you know you can do but your hesitant? Throw on a set of these bad boys and you'll be flying off of super scarey stuff in no time!

Similar Products Used: Core Rat
My hockey gear (Baur?)
Nick   Weekend Warrior [Feb 04, 2003]
Strength:

Strong,good design,move well when riding,fit tight with the body

hot

This is a awsome product.It protects against most everything you hit.You still can feel it but no blood everywhere.

Similar Products Used: sixsixone
Kevin   Weekend Warrior [Apr 12, 2001]
Strength:

DH ARMS - Rugged, Tough, Well armored!

Rather hot - kind of weak material on the inside lining... but hasn't failed or anything yet. Keeps the inside cool at least.

Got these for some downhilling in Colorado and MAN they rock! Actually they keep you from feeling the rocks! I never wiped out on the slopes, but my friend did (he was also wearing a set) - and was essentially untouched thanks to these pads. His helmet was caved in, and took some shoulder damage (no armor there), but the pads absorbed most of the impact.

Just thought I would pitch in towards the already sky-high rating on these fine pads!

James LaPointe   Racer [Sep 01, 2000]
Strength:

Bombproof.
Very strong material, takes hard hits well.

very hot for me.

great pads, although hot to me.. they make me sweat like it raind on my arms. they offer great protection for me when i crash or hit stuff with riding.. i payed about 75 bucks canadian, and hey, worth the money too.

Will   Downhiller [Oct 07, 2003]
Strength:

Burly padding, burly construction, Good Look.

A little bit tight, but that stretches out with wear(also helps if you order the right size)

These pads are just as good as any others out on the market. They aren't super expensive and work very well. If you're looking for a well built, bomber, good looking pair of arm pads than these are the ones you need.

CB   Weekend Warrior [Dec 11, 1999]
Strength:

They work! I mean really work!

Excellent. Get them. Great for bouncing off trees, rocks, roots etc.

El Stumpy   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 28, 1999]
Strength:

Fit
Easy on/off
Customer Service
Built to last

As mentioned in the leg armor review, my body shape is more like Popeye then people of normal dimensions. Short, big forearms. Roach custom made these and fit great. Only problem out of the box, was one missing a wrist strap. I called them up and a strap arrived by mail a week later. I had a local sewing/repair shop slap it on. This was easier than sending it back and forth.Bottom line, even with the problem, these are great! Comfortable, stay in place and not bulky. Tough too. Yesterday I cut a turn around a tree a little too close and where I would have been missing some shin, there was just some bark dust to brush off. The best ones made, if you want armor buy Roach!

Similar Products Used: You name it, I tried it.