POC Sports Spine VPD 2.0 Jacket Armor and Pads

Spine VPD 2.0 Jacket

Full DH protection but barely visible under a T-shirt! Our new VPD 2.0 technology allow us to improve the level of protection, fit and comfort. The Jacket offers protection for your back, chest, shoulders and elbows. All pieces are made from our new VPD 2.0 compound and are certified to the highest motorcycle standards. The Jacket is highly ventilated thru the perforated protectors and robust stretchy mesh fabric. Sizes: S, M, L

snowpunk   Weekend Warrior [Sep 30, 2012]
Strength:

Protection is fantastic
VPD 2.0 moves very well
pretty unrestrictive

Heavy and hot
expensive

This is my first full season riding Downhill and coincedently my first full armor so I don't have any other body armor to compare it too. I've taken four or five pretty bad crashes with this on and after the first the 250$ price was well worth it, going OTB after flatting the front tire in a rock garden at a decent speed. I could have been pretty banged up on a few other occasions and rode away none the worse for wear other than being a little stiff and sore.
The spine protector, which is huge, rides up a little but the waist belt tends to help and it takes just a second to pull down when getting off the chair. or if your stopped.
It is quite a bit more expensive than some of the other armor I looked at but the price is well worth it in one good crash.