Lizard Skins Knee Shin Pad Armor and Pads

Lizard Skins Knee Shin Pad Armor and Pads

Body armor made with 6mm ventilated EVA foam core and tear resistant mesh, increasing ventilation and durability. Double padded under plastic caps and impact areas. Uses fully adjustable D-ring straps, and neoprene dual closure system for a form fitting design.

[Jul 03, 2011]
skeered1

Strength:

Stays in place ALL the time (pedaling, crashing). Well-made. Well-priced.

Velcros should placed in reverse so "hooks" faces down instead of being exposed and rub on long shorts - Not a deal-breaker for me.

I've had my Core Rats for 8 long years and swear by them as most users here do - worth the high-price but are no longer made. They were very comfy but gets really damped then slides down a bit. In comparison, the Lizard skin is half the price. It's a bit restricting so I tried not using the top "inner" strap and only used the "outer" strap. Even w/ that, it stayed in place and was just as comfy as the Core Rats - I couldn't tell the difference. Also, they didn't get as sweat-soaked after 3 hours. I'm assuming those "vent holes" actually works.

Core rats, Bombshell B2s, Azonic,

[Jun 30, 2011]
East coast trailrider

Strength:

everything

Fit and protection is fantastic. They stay in place without having to be "overtight". I can ride pedaling XC for hours without having to readjust or fix location of the pads. I put them on, and forget about them. Sometimes, after a long ride, and I pack my bike and equipment in my car, I usually forget to take these off, and I realize when I am driving home that I forgot to take these off!!! That is how comfy these are. And the protection is second to none.

Yes I would buy again, yes I would recommend to a friend. For knee and shin protection, you will not find better than this product.

[Mar 19, 2011]
muddywings

Strength:

DOES NOT SLIP!!! Very comfortable and when going fast or its windy out, you can feel a breeze through the air ports.

Takes a while to put on

I like my old knee/shin combo but they slipped a lot. I thought it was just a price I had to pay. Finally started do some homework, looking around and gave these a shot. Wow, they don't move even with a lot of peddling, they breath well and did I mention they don't slip off the knee!

RockGardn

[Sep 19, 2010]
Graham from Peak District

Strength:

Comfortable, easy to use, fit

Felt unsure about body armour but as I get faster on rocky Peak District decents the spills and falls get more dangerous...read the reviews here and got some from chain Reaction...have worn them on a 6 hour all dayer with nothing but ups and downs...no issues on comfort or fit and also no stingy legs in the shower after pedal strikes...!!! Bargain

None - first kind of body armour of any discription

[Sep 15, 2010]
darkmeat

Strength:

Hardly moves, breathable, really good quality

Takes awhile to put on and if you dont get the straps on properly they can rub on the back of your legs.

Great buy!

n/a

[Jul 28, 2010]
OscarW

Strength:

The knee/shin guards are very comfortable to wear even if you ride for hours. The protection is excellent and they stay in place when you crash as I have found out.
The only thing I ended up with were scratches in the plastic and not on my legs. They take a bit of doing to put them on, but once you have used them a time or two, it takes no time at all. The many straps make sure they stay on so that to me is worth the 30 seconds it takes.

None that I have noticed.

Great bang for the buck and cheaper than a trip to the ER.

EVS

[Jul 19, 2009]
Erockin

Strength:

Great Fit, Very adjustable straps, lots of coverage

Could get a bit hot, more complicated to get into than other pads.

Went on a quest to find a good set of knee/shin guards. Tried the Fox Launch pads, a couple different kinds 661's. The Lizard Skins fit the best and had the most amount of coverage. The 661 Race were slip on and had to much material that bunched up behind my legs and I didn't like the way the stap system worked. The Fox straps were great but they didin't have a lot of coverage(A lot of the scabs on my legs from previous falls were still showing with them on).

Riding with the LS's is fine. Obviously your slower pedaling with pads but they were comfortable to wear and I didn't sweat any more than I'd expect to with them one. I felt very confident with them on and when I fell I didn't feel a thing. I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

Tried out Fox, 661

[Dec 15, 2008]
ocguy2004

Strength:

light, good fit, stay in place, good coverage

a little warm

just got the LS knee/shin combo after much research and reading a lot of reviews. this product had many good reviews...the only knock being that they could be on the warm side. this is do to the fact that they offer a bit more coverage than other gueards i've tried on (they wrap around the calf a bit providing more protection). the neoprean behind the kneee is where they do get warm. gonna try some experimenting with them and see if i can get around this issue. will have more to report after i've riden in then a bit. the "warmth" factor prevents them getting a 5th chili.

[Nov 24, 2008]
aika

Strength:

They FIT! And they don't move while riding, or while crashing (and I've done both in them). They breathe well. They're stylish (if that matters to you). The impact protection is topnotch. And oh yeah- Lizardskinz customer service is absolutely phenomenal.

Not a single thing

Look- I'm a big guy. 6foot5 and 285lbs. So finding pads that fit is really tough. I've tried everything on, and wasn't able to get anything to fit even close. the bottom straps would be fine, but I wouldn't be able to strap the calf straps on, and the quad straps wouldn't even get close. At the top of the pad, my quads are about 28in., and my calves are about 18in. So Clydes take note! So I went searching on the 'net for pads, and found Lizardskinz. I called them up and talked to Hillary, who assured me that the M/L pads were pretty darn big, and that if they didn't fit, Lizardskinz would pay for return shipping. Thumbs up. So I got them and they didn't fit! But just barely. I called up Lizardskinz, and Hillary transferred me to Brad, the manager there in Utah. I gave Brad the scoop, and instead of just giving up, he gave me the heads up to get the pads back to him, and he was going to talk to his in-house manufacturing manager, and get the pads some longer straps, so as to fit my legs (trunks, whatever). Then he shipped them back to me. The retrofitted pieces on the pads looked original. They extended the neoprene straps, and also extended the overstraps. The craftsmanship was what I would expect from a company who takes pride in its work, and the straps had the asked-for length attached. AND THEY ROCK. They're comfortable, they breathe well, and as I mentioned earlier, they stay put during a wreck. I've found the best way to wear them is with the upper calf strap pretty snug, and the quad straps not so snug. If you are a Clyde, there's no reason to go with any other manufacturer. Call Lizardskinz, talk to Brad, and tell him Adrian Maurer referred you, and that you want some pads with longer straps (clydeworthy). He'll help you out the best he can. It seems that's what Lizardskinz does...

I've tried everything on- TLD, Fox, rockgardn, raceface/roach...

[Nov 14, 2008]
Foxbat
Downhiller

Strength:

Tough, cool in hot weather, does not slip at all, very comfortable for XC type riding.

The straps were a bit long so I had to have them trimmed. I have skinny legs so YMMV.

My favorite knee/shin guards on the market and I've tried a lot of them. They stay in place, are comfortable to pedal in, stay cool, and protect your legs. I can't ask for more.

Fox Launch, O'Neal Rocker, Roach/Race Face Rally FR, RockGardn Landing Zone, Troy Lee Combat, Troy Lee Lopes.