JT Racing Pads Armor and Pads

JT Racing Pads

shawn mccarter   racer [Nov 02, 1997]

dude JT is the shit i had (still have and use) a pair of gloves that i had for 8 years dude i cant rip em they are the best , and your new stuff it looks good dam good
thats why you need to send some free stuff my way to sport for all the girlies to see and then they would like to buy swome so dude or what ever
i liked to see some more info on your new products. thank you shawn mccarter
(412)468-6901

Brian Fahey   Downhiller [Jun 03, 1999]

If you fall hard on rocks watch out. The hard plastic cups will dig themselves into your elbows and make you feel like you broke your arms for a good ten minutes. If you're planning on hitting anything rocky at fast speeds keep looking because these aren't going to offer the protection that you need.

Fritz   racer [Aug 05, 1998]

I don't like them. I like the guys at JT since they gave me a deal, but the pad aren't very good. The seam or stitching is on the inside so it pokes me hard on the back of the leg and the shoulder. The pads are designed to be more stylish than functional I think. By the way, I was racing DH and at the start of the race my knee guard slipped down. It happened occasionally during practice, too. Get some other guards for protection and comfort.

David   downhiller [Dec 13, 1997]

This is the bigest pice of junk I have ever seen. when your going 60mph around a turn you want some thing that you can trust thats going to protect you if you
bail. but, if you race or just ride BMX this may be just what your looking for.
I like big thick pads.

tune   downhiller [Oct 09, 1997]

the JT pads don't appear beefy enuf for extreme d/h. I look for: knees & elbows with hardshells, velcro straps with no jingus elastic, do they strap to your pack for the climb? will they dry off overnight?

Sam   downhiller [Oct 01, 1997]

I got the leg and the arm. Looks good, legs slip down a bit, but after wearing them for a couple of rides and races they seem to stay up better. Doesnt make sense, but thats whats happened, they dont slip anymore. Protection is good, knee and elbows are hard shell but the shin is very thin. Would have liked more protection, it stops pedals biting your legs but big rocks, etc. will still give you some nasty cuts and bruises. I would give em 4 chilis, but they were too expensive so they only get 3.

MissionMan   racer [Oct 09, 1996]

In crashes, the JT's are good. They stand up well to hits and slides on most surfaces, although they are not enough to protect you from landing on big, sharp rocks. The material covering the knee cups is not suposed to rip, and it usually won't, however my friend shredded the covering on his left knee in a big slide through loose gravel at 45km/h. The JT's still prevented him from grazes on his leg, although his left arm protector scrunched up in the slide and turned over, and he was left with painful cuts and grazes on his arm. The JT's are hard to get off and on. A plus is that they are smaller and lighter than most protective wear and are easy to carry strapped to a packster or in a backpack. I would recomend the leg protectors more than the arms.

Dale   downhiller [Nov 23, 1997]

These pads look and feel great,they also protect me from my set of bear traps I've got on the pedals.AWESOME set of pads from JT

Cohiba   Weekend Warrior [Feb 01, 2000]
Strength:

- Somewhat cool design at the time when I bought the pads
- knee padding feels good on the inside of the pads

- No shin protection!!
- Pads tend to slip off and slide down when riding, lycra too weak and not effective in holding the pads in place.
- Expensive at the time!
- Manufacturing quality not of a high standard
- Hot!!
- Take a long time to dry when wet.

The JT pads really did not live up to my expectations. I wanted to get these pads because at the time they seemed to best suit my needs. Now I wonder how the pros managed to keep them pulled up all the time.

Not only that, but I've crashed a few times with the JT pads, and almost every time, the pads were pulled down during the crash, and I still got injured.

I had a chance to try out the Dainese knee & shin protectors, and the difference was immense. No excess sweating because of the open designs - adjustability easy because of the straps. Hardshell design for durability, protection and strength. I would recommend to get the Dainese pads instead.

Similar Products Used: Dainese shin/knee pads.