Fox Head Launch Suit Armor and Pads

The Fox Launch Suit provides chest, back, elbow, forearm, and shoulder protection in a biomorphic chassis designed to work with the body's natural movements.

Malcolm   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2007]
Strength:

REALLY comfortable, protection where is counts for me (back), breathable. LIGHT, manuverable

Doesn't have as much protection as some other brands (dainese, thor impact rig SE)- lacks around the sides, shoulderblade and collarbone. Doesn't have detachable fore-arms like the rockgardn, but I think it's actually more comfortable.

If you're looking for medium/light protection for fast/tech riding where manuverablility and comfort are a concern, then this is a must. If you're going for big drops and still want to stay reletively safe, then get something more heavy duty. In my experience, rockgardn, dainese (if you have the $), and the thor impact rig SE all have great protection for more extreme stuff. I do more technical singletrack stuff as opposed to drops, so this worked great for me. This is the BEST for my type of riding.

Similar Products Used: tried out dainese, thor impact rig and rockgardn - Tried on 661 - pretty weak protection wise; didn't ever use.
Connor   Downhiller [Jun 24, 2007]
Strength:

comfortable
looks awesome (the red one)
really works
for a full armor suit
its really cool

awesome.
simple awesome
pads work really well some of the other suit dont work that well
this one really works
body slammed a tree at 30 mph
got up and finished the run
this thing is amazing

Similar Products Used: 661 pressure suit
Alan BjeloÅ¡   Weekend Warrior [Dec 03, 2006]
Strength:

everything.

a little uncomfortable at arms...

this suit saved me trice from injuries but I anyhow broke my right arm while wearing it.Assume what would happen if i didn't wear it!I was running about 30 mph and crashed right into a tree with my upper body!I can't wait to get riding again!!!

Similar Products Used: none...
Dave   Weekend Warrior [Nov 17, 2007]
Strength:

Cheaper than Dainese and others. Available. Fits my skinny arms well.

Zipper pulled out after 2 rides. Fixed under warrenty, but that took most of the summer.
Hot, but seems less hot than some others I have tried on but not acutally ridden with.

Good price. Quality issues.